BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack's Top Animated Films Of All Time: The Results, Finished!!!! | Full List on Page 15.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Iz 🌟
post Oct 28 2016, 03:10 PM
Post #41
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
Oh yes, Antz! I forgot about that one. Decent film, not better than Bugs' Life though.

Always say to myself I must watch Totoro, it looks brilliant.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Oct 28 2016, 05:02 PM
Post #42
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Antz so underrated wub.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Oct 28 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #43
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042
Can we have the next film club be 'My Neigbor Totoro' please? Thanks xx

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post Oct 28 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #44
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308
Yes, you guys have to watch Totoro! I saw it back in high school and it was so beautiful, and Totoro was the definition of "must be protected at all costs" heart.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 29 2016, 05:23 PM
Post #45
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
92. Hoodwinked

172pts | 2006 | The Weinstein Company
Top 20's: Froot (#19)

And into 92nd place, we have our only Weinstein Company animation to make the list, in the form of a surprisingly in a good way high placing for Hoodwinked, which received a top 20 from Froot!

Hoodwinked retails Little Red Riding Hood as a police investigation and featured the voices of Anne Hathaway, Glenn Close and more! Hoodwinked was one of the first computer-animated films to be completely independently funded which allowed the filmmakers greater creative control but restrained them economically! The film was inspired by non-linear crime drama's such as Pulp Fiction, Memento and Run Lola Run and it received positive reviews for its script and cast but negative reviews for the animation quality! The film was a commercial success, earning 110M on just an 8M budget (incredibly low for an animation!) and I remember it was released something like 8 and a 1/2 months later in the UK than America!! A sequel was released 5 years later but was a critical and commercial failure! The film was heavily re-cast when the Weinstein Company picked it up and the directors tried to make the film dissimilar to the Shrek franchise!

I absolutely love this film and it placed on my list! I wasn't expecting at all to place this high so this was a really pleasing result as it is just a charming and fun animation, definitely recommend this!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Oct 29 2016, 05:24 PM
Post #46
Group icon
User: 13,007
Totoro heart.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Oct 29 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #47
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
91. Anastasia

174pts | 1997 | 20th Century Fox Animations
Top 20's: Cameron (#6)

And just missing the top 90 in 91st place, we have our first Fox animation to make the list, in the form of musical Anastasia, which received a top 10 from Cameroon!

The film includes voice work from the likes of Meg Ryan, John Cusack and Angela Lansbury and the younger version of the the young Anastasia was voiced by Kirsten Dunst and the actress singing for the younger version of Anastasia was Lacey Chabert from Mean Girls! The film is an adaptation of the legend of Grand Duchess Anastasia Nikolaeyna of Russia and despite receiving some objections from some historians to the fantastical retelling of the life of the Grand Duchess, it recorded a positive reception from critics and became a box office success! The film scored two Oscar nominations for Original Song (Journey To The Past) and Original Musical/Comedy Score and is the most profitable film from Don Bluth & Fox Animation Studios to date! The success of Anastasia has spawned many adaptations of the film from a direct-to-video spin-off, a computer game, books, toys and a stage adaptation! Fox got into battle with Disney over the marketing campaign as Disney centred a lot of animation re-releases around the same time Anastasia was being released!

Not sure if I have seen this or not and I always thought this was a Disney film!! Was that just me?!

+Quote this post
seven.
post Oct 29 2016, 05:38 PM
Post #48
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428
I'll certainly be checking out Totoro very soon, looks interesting!

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Oct 29 2016, 07:07 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
Totoro is incredible, I own a Totoro hoodie and a Catbus plushie, that's how much I love it. Hopefully there's more Ghibli to come, still gutted I didn't vote.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Oct 30 2016, 10:39 PM
Post #50
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
Anastasia is amazing!

+Quote this post
richie
post Oct 31 2016, 09:05 AM
Post #51
Group icon
Poet and Storyteller
User: 166
Can only assume most people haven't seen My Neighbour Totoro as it should be top 20 at the very least.

+Quote this post
Jacob-
post Oct 31 2016, 04:18 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Jacob Alan~
User: 21,664
I forgot Hoodwinked! ohmy.gif

Glad it made the top 100 anyway.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 5 2016, 04:14 PM
Post #53
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Hope people are still interested in this! Really sorry about the delay, have had a really long/busy week so haven't got any more done!

I'll try and do some in the next couple of hours and do quite a few this weekend!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 6 2016, 01:51 AM
Post #54
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
90. The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie

174pts | 2005 | Nickeloedon Movies
Top 20's: DalekTurret (#12), Cody (#16)

And kicking of the top 90, we have our first Nickelodeon production to make the list, in the form of the film spin-off of popular TV show SpongeBob Squarepants, which received top 20's from DalekTurret and Cody!

The film is based on the television series of the same name and starred the series cast, along with guest vocals performances from the likes of Scarlett Johansson and Alec Baldwin. Previous offers by Paramount to create an adaptation of SpongeBob had been rejected but one was finally accepted in 2002 and the production on the series after season 3 was halted to make the film. The film was intended as the series finale but Nickelodeon ordered more episodes of the series after the film's box office success. SpongeBob was heavily promoted by Paramount & Nickelodeon with many tie-in toy promotions, 9-foot SpongeBob inflatable figures and was a big box office success with $140m worldwide while receiving generally positive reviews! The series was meant to end after the film was released as the producer didn't want to jump the shark but Nickelodeon ordered more episodes which lead to the showrunner resigning. The film's trailer was attached to Shrek 2 and had a yellow-carpet world premiere! The film was the first ever film to sponsor a NASCAR race and was nominated for quite a few animated awards

I love this film and it just missed my top 100 as it has kind of wearied off a little bit on many repeated viewings! I probably prefer the hybrid live-action/animation sequel just but both are great and I'm glad this classic made the list!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 6 2016, 02:26 PM
Post #55
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
SpongeBob commentary is up and more films will come later today around 4:30!

Please comment what you think might come up or your thoughts on any of the films so far!

Also would people like me to keep posting the top 100 so far after every 10 films or not?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 6 2016, 02:44 PM
Post #56
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042
I haven't seen any of the last few animations haha so I can't comment on them laugh.gif

I like recaps, just in case I miss a song during the countdown. Great work so far though UV! If you need help, send me a pm and I'll see what I can do in time! biggrin.gif (Likewise with horror results)

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 6 2016, 03:15 PM
Post #57
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
89. A Scanner Darkly

175pts | 2006 | Warner Independent Pictures
Top 20's: None

Into 89th and just missing out on 88th due to no top 20's, we have our first of only two animations not aimed for children, in the form of Richard Linklater's A Scanner Darkly, which received no top 20's as mentioned above!

A Scanner Darkly is an animated science fiction thriller based on the novel by Philip K. Dick. The story is about identity and deception in a future dystopia under high-tech police surveillance. The film was shot digitally and then animated which gave the film a distinctive animated look! The film is directed by Richard Linklater (Boyhood) and stars Robert Downey Jr, Keanu Reeves, Woddy Harrelson and Winona Ryder with executive producers from Steven Soderbergh to George Clooney. The film was screened at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival and the 2006 Seattle International Film Festival. A documentary about Richard Linklater featured exclusive-on set footage of the filming when aired in December 2004 on Channel 4 and the film received quite good reviews but made a loss at the box office. The film suffered from post-production issues which saw the film delayed from September 2005 as most of the animators hired had no movie experience which led to an enlarged animation budget after no finished sequences were produced. A test screening of the film iN December 2005 went well so the release date of March 31st was pushed back to the summer!

I've never seen this film but it does look interesting so I should get round to it at some point in the future!

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Nov 6 2016, 03:23 PM
Post #58
Group icon
User: 13,007
The Spongebob Movie is a guilty pleasure :')

Not heard of the last one before ohmy.gif And yes please, recaps would be appreciated UV!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 6 2016, 05:08 PM
Post #59
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Recap coming up a bit later! Hoping to get to #80 in both countdowns in the next couple of dyas!

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Nov 6 2016, 02:44 PM) *
I haven't seen any of the last few animations haha so I can't comment on them laugh.gif

I like recaps, just in case I miss a song during the countdown. Great work so far though UV! If you need help, send me a pm and I'll see what I can do in time! biggrin.gif (Likewise with horror results)

Thanks Jonjo! I'm going to see how the next couple of weeks go (as about 90% of my controlled assessments are finally done by then!) but if we are still moving at the pace of the last week, I will PM you for help wub.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Nov 6 2016, 05:22 PM
Post #60
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
88. The Emperor's New Groove

175pts (More Top 20's) | 2000 | Disney
Top 20's: Froot (#7), DalekTurret (#20)

Into 88th and just beating 89th due to two top 20's, we have our first Disney animation for a while, in the form of 2000's The Emperor's New Groove, which received a top 10 from Froot and a top 20 from DalekTurret!

The Emperor's New Groove is Disney's 40th animated feature as is based on The Emperor's New Clothes by Hans Christian Andersen! The film was altered significantly over its six years of development and production- it started as a musical epic titled 'Kingdom Of The Sun' to be directed by the directors of The Lion King (that sounds incredible, wish that happened!!) and was changed by Disney executives into a light-hearted buddy comedy. The documentary 'The Sweatbox' details the production troubles the film faced! The film received positive reviews and is considered to be one of the strongest films between Disney's two Renaissance eras. It received an Oscar nomination for Best Song for 'My Funny Friend And Me' by Sting but lost to Bob Dylan. A direct-to-DVD sequel was released in 2005 (Kronk's New Groove) and that was folloewd by an animated television series in 2006! Following underwhelming box office showings for Pocahontas/The Hunchback Of Notre Dame, studio executives felt the project was too ambitions and serious for audiences following test screenings. The film was nearly shut down in 1998 as it was not far along enough in production to be released in time for the 2000 release where promotion deals were already established. The project was dead on September 1998 with production costs of $25-30 million and 25% of the film already animated. It was the first Disney feature to have an extensive overhaul since Pinocchio and the new film was announced in February 2000. Similarities were noted between this and Dreamworks' The Road To El Dorado and the marketing campaign was relatively restrained as Disney heavily promoted 102 Dalmatians instead. The film performed ok at the box office and received many award nominations, including a Grammy nomination, for Sting's song!

I've seen this and enjoyed it but its not near my top 100 and I don't remember much about it tbh! I would have much rather seen 'Kingdom Of The Sun' which sounds incredible but I never knew the production was this troubled as this!

+Quote this post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:48 AM