BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Cassette Tape Albums, On the comeback - Led by Kylie's Golden!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
SmileyKylie
post 21st March 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

Kylie has already sold 4,000 cassette albums for Golden........ just think what she has in pre-orders of CD and vinyl too!

https://inews.co.uk/news/kylie-minogue-gold...ic-fans-rewind/

Total UK cassette tape albums sold in 2017 = 20,000

Kylie cassette tape albums sold of Golden already = 4,000

Queen of Cassettes

This post has been edited by SmileyKylie: 21st March 2018, 05:16 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 21st March 2018, 08:17 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

Love the multiple formats for Kylie but I fear this is going to lead to a 1-14-39 style chart run.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 22nd March 2018, 01:41 AM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Didn't lead with Kylie though...

Cassette tape's have been ever so slightly growing, since at least the Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack!

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post 22nd March 2018, 06:10 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515

But interesting to think Kylie in a few weeks of 2018 pre-orders has sold 25% of the total amount of cassette albums that were bought in the UK in the whole of 2017!

Just think if it hadn't have been limited edition.

doubt she will drop that quickly. Her promo slots and pricing strategies should give it some longevity.

+Quote this post
BillyH
post 22nd March 2018, 06:43 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 6,614

I'll repeat what I've said in various "vinyl revival" threads...people are just buying these as collectables with no intention or even possibility of playing them. It's making the music itself the least important thing and that bothers me somewhat.

You might as well release the album as a large, giant inflatable frog with the music printed as Egyptian hieroglyths on the back - it looks cool on your shelf but do you even actually know any of the songs?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 22nd March 2018, 06:44 PM
Post #6
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(BillyH @ Mar 22 2018, 06:43 PM) *
I'll repeat what I've said in various "vinyl revival" threads...people are just buying these as collectables with no intention or even possibility of playing them. It's making the music itself the least important thing and that bothers me somewhat.

You might as well release the album as a large, giant inflatable frog with the music printed as Egyptian hieroglyths on the back - it looks cool on your shelf but do you even actually know any of the songs?
I play my Guardians cassettes. Not regularly anymore, but when I wanna listen to them at home, I will.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 22nd March 2018, 07:01 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

I don't understand the cassette appeal, they in my opinion are and were the worst format that hit the market.

In Kylie;s case i totally understand most of those purchases are for collection purposes and most likely will never be played as these people will have the cd or vinyl if not both of the album too.

I would assume if Kylie has 4000 pre-orders for the cassette, she will have almost the same for vinyl and even more of the cd's. This should see her open on decent sales.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 12:20 PM