BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ariana Grande
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 21st June 2020, 12:22 PM
Post #61
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #48

Good afternoon everyone hi.gif hope you're all having a good weekend, perhaps including father's day plans. Here is what's been happening in the Ariana AF this week...

Ariana's best album artwork?

This week marked two years since the 'sweetener' cover was unveiled. So, I thought it was finally time to find out what BuzzJack's favourite Ariana album artwork is! 'Dangerous Woman' is leading the pack so far but that could all change with some more votes. Let us know your favourite and feel free to do a ranking of all 5 too!

ROUND 11: Ariana UK Top 10 singles survivor

The latest round of our 'UK top 10 singles' survivor is live! '7 rings' was the last song to drop out in 8th (yes, sadly not 7th for the amount of rings) and now we have a very tight race between two remaining songs. Make sure to cast your vote - this round will be open until tomorrow!

'the light is coming' turns 2 years old

This week marks 2 years since Ariana dropped her 'Sweetener' promo song 'the light is coming' with Nicki Minaj! I have resurrected our recent 'the light is coming: underrated?' thread after Ari acknowledged the anniversary on social media. Make sure to vote in that if you didn't do so first time round!

'Rain On Me' is certified silver!

This week it was announced that Ariana's team-up with Lady Gaga 'Rain On Me' has been certified silver in the U.K. already! What a smash this has been for the girls.

AG6 speculation

This week rumour mill has gone into overdrive after some song titles were revealed as being registered under Ariana's name! This includes a Doja Cat collaboration and a co-write with The Weeknd. 'Love Me Harder' part 2 impending? Exciting times. Come and speculate about Ariana's eventual 6th studio album with us above!

Andrew's top 25 Ariana album tracks countdown concludes!

This week BuzzJack member Andrew's top 25 Ariana album tracks countdown came to an end. If I say so myself - what a top 2 *.* let him know what you think of his picks!

Bed vs. Dance To This

Two Ariana collaborations that flew under the radar a bit both turned 2 this week! This is 'Bed' with Nicki Minaj and 'Dance To This' with Troye Sivan. I decided to put them in a poll together to determine which one BuzzJack prefers. Vote above and let us know what you think of them!

New U.S. certifications

This week we found out that a lot of Ariana songs (plus an album!) have been updated with new certifications. Check them out above!

There has been more chat regarding chart positions for 'Rain On Me' and 'Stuck With U' too - they're both pinned threads.

Finally, it was announced that we placed 3rd in the AF Posters' Chart with 332 posts! Thanks everyone - it's proving to be a fantastic year for the forum so far heart.gif

- Your Ariana Grande mods
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 26th June 2020, 10:36 AM
Post #62
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Celebrating Ariana's 27th birthday today with 27 of her most iconic moments throughout the day! Come join us heart.gif

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235746

+Quote this post
Jade
post 28th June 2020, 11:36 AM
Post #63
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #49

SEMI-FINAL: Ariana UK Top 10 singles survivor

We're almost there! The UK Top 10 singles survivor has now reached the semi-final stage. It's 'no tears left to cry', 'One Last Time' and 'breathin' fighting for one of two spots in the final. What is your least favourite of the trio? Cast your vote in this brand new round above to help your ideal top 2 make it through!

Happy 27th birthday Ariana!

Friday 26th June 2020 marked Ariana's 27th birthday! To celebrate, I chose 27 of Ariana's most iconic moments over the years and provided those in the thread above, alongside some commentary. If you missed this then feel free to catch up above! There's everything from music videos, to interviews, to live performances. Ariana treated the world to a LOT of birthday spam on social media - including making her relationship with Dalton Gomez "instagram official". Fellow stars, such as Lady Gaga, wished her a happy birthday also.

What is your favourite Ariana song?

Over the years the AF has put on several survivors and rates for albums, singles and should've been singles. However, with no restrictions, what is your favourite Ariana song overall? Is it a big fan favourite? Or perhaps an underrated album track? Let us know, we would love to hear everyone's opinions!

Rank the AF Idol 2.0 entries

This week AF Idol 2.0 finally concluded. All of Ariana's stats were released and it turns out that she finished in the top 5 quite a lot! To celebrate the whole contest experience, I decided to open a thread where we could rank all of Ariana's entries in it. From 'Side To Side' to our parting entry 'God is a woman'. Let us know what your rank would be!

As ever we've been discussing 'Stuck With U' and 'Rain On Me' in their relevant threads too!

This week we finished 7th in the AF Posters' Chart with 163 posts! Thanks so much everyone.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 5th July 2020, 10:22 AM
Post #64
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #50

We've been keeping up the chat during a week when Ariana has disappeared from social media, sparking hiatus rumours...

Superior Side: Dangerous Woman edition

The 'Superior Side' series is BACK after a break during a busy period. We're now up to Ariana's third studio album 'Dangerous Woman'. It's simple - we are running through each Ariana vinyl to determine which side has the most superior set of songs. 'Dangerous Woman' is broken up into four sides. Cast your vote and let us know your choice.

Ariana YouTube stats: July update

It's been a chatty week over in the Ariana YouTube stats thread! The latest update saw both '7 rings' and 'Don't Call Me Angel' advancing up her list.

Forum idea: virtual concerts

Behind the scenes we've been planning some ideas to keep the forum going. One idea was watching Ariana's concerts together as a forum. Fans have kindly pieced all her tours together separately as entire shows on YouTube so they've got us covered. Are you in? Please let us know so we can see what the demand is like.

FINAL RESULTS: Ariana UK top 10 singles survivor

This week the WINNER of our Ariana UK top 10 singles survivor series was announced ohmy.gif but which hit came out on top? Find out above!

As ever the 'Rain On Me' and 'Stuck With U' threads are up to date with the latest UK chart news and chat too. They can be found in the pinned area.

This week it was announced that we finished 6th in the AF Posters' Chart with 151 posts! Thank you everyone for continuing to engage with the Ari forum heart.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 12th July 2020, 03:51 PM
Post #65
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #51

Superior Side: thank u, next edition

The 'Superior Side' series is now complete with the 'thank u, next' edition going live this afternoon! The vinyl for 'thank u, next' is split into four sides of the track list. All you have to do is choose the side with the strongest set of songs and maybe let us know what you picked! Feel free to catch up on any previous 'Superior Side' threads too.

Latest AG6 speculation

The latest AG6 rumour is that Ari has been working on a song called 'My Hair' with the same producers who created 'Do It' by Chloe x Halle, plus 'Baby Boy', 'Naughty Girl' and 'Me, Myself & I' by Beyoncé. Exciting! Do we have an R&B banger on our hands here? Come and speculate with us on all things AG6 above.

bloodline vs. borderline

Fellow Ari mod Lewis made a blunder this week as he confused 'borderline' with 'bloodline'! Therefore, I thought it would be fun to capitalise on this and see which '...line' song BuzzJack prefers. 'bloodline' is currently leading but all could change - please have your say above!

Zara Larsson speaks about working with Ariana

This week Zara Larsson has spoken further about working with Ariana! She said their collaboration won't appear on on the standard version of her new album, but won't rule out the possibility of it appearing on a deluxe. C'mon Zara, make it happen! How do you feel about the two of them working together?

'Stuck With U' is now certified silver!

This week it was announced that Ari's collaboration with Justin Bieber - 'Stuck With U' - has been certified silver! Congrats Ariana on another smash cheer.gif

Do you like the outro of 'bad idea'?

This week general 'bad idea' chat inspired me to create a thread about a particularly interesting component of the song. This is its outro! Are you a fan of the string laden, pitch shifting ending to the song? Be sure to contribute to the discussion above!

The 'thank u, next' (album), 'Rain On Me' and 'Stuck With U' threads have been busy individually - feel free to check these out in the pinned section of the AF.

This week it was announced that we finished 8th in the AF Posters' Chart with 105 posts! Thanks so much for the continued support.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 19th July 2020, 11:48 AM
Post #66
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #52

Newsletter #52 means that I've been doing these for a whole year now ohmy.gif cheer.gif let's get into this week's Ariana AF news...

Ariana's connections with other AF artists

This week I started a new thread running through all of the Artist Forum artists in alphabetical order and pinpointing their connections with Ariana! We began with Beyoncé and it's currently up to Ellie Goulding. Feel free to catch up on everything found and let us know any thoughts so far!

New 'Rain On Me' remixes out now!

On Friday two brand new 'Rain On Me' remixes dropped! Both Purple Disco Machine and Ralphi Rosario have put their stamp on the floorfiller. What do you think of them?

Ari places on 'The 100 Greatest Music Videos of the 21st Century: Critics' Picks' list

This week we found out that Ariana featured in a list of top 100 music videos of the 21st Century. Her entry on the countdown? Well, that was 'Break Free' at #94. What do you think of this pick? Worthy of being Ariana's sole placing or did other music videos of hers deserve it more?

Ari name-dropped in new Drake song

DJ Khaled and Drake were back this week with two new collaborations. One of them, 'POPSTAR', name-drops Ariana. Her impact!

'God is a woman turns two!

Monday 13th July marked the two year anniversary of 'God is a woman'! Ariana celebrated the milestone herself on instagram. What do you think of GIAW 2 years on?

As ever be sure to check the pinned 'Rain On Me' and 'Stuck With U' threads for the latest U.K. chart news for them both.

It was announced this week that we spent a 15th consecutive week in the top 10 which is our longest streak ever cheer.gif we were 8th with 88 posts. Thank you everyone!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 26th July 2020, 02:17 PM
Post #67
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #53

More Ariana connections with other AF artists

This week I have continued my thread about Ariana's connections with other AF artists! We're currently up to her links with Madonna. Feel free to catch up now ahead of me posting the next one tonight - that will be One Direction & Solo as this continues to progress in alphabetical order.

'Rain On Me' is certified gold in the U.K.!

On Friday it was revealed that 'Rain On Me' is the latest Ariana single to be certified gold here! It also holds on strong in the U.K. chart this week at #4.

BLACKPINK and Big Sean collabs on the way?

Rumour mill was sent into overdrive this week as BLACKPINK's new single in August was revealed to contain a featured artist! Many are speculating that it's Ariana. Also, Big Sean's manager liked a fan's comment on Twitter hinting at a collaboration between himself and Ariana. What do you think about these pieces of news?

Rank The Singles: Yours Truly

Lately it has been a trend in Artist Forums to create 'rank the singles' threads! So we thought... why not do the same for Ariana? We have started with her debut album 'Yours Truly'. Let us know what your ranking of 'The Way', 'Baby I' and 'Right There' would be!

Virtual Concert #1: The Listening Sessions

On Tuesday we kicked off our new 'virtual concert' activities in the forum! This involves watching an Ariana concert on YouTube together and commenting along. Naturally, we started with Ariana's first tour 'The Listening Sessions'. Feel free to catch up above to see what it was like ahead of future sessions!

'7 rings' hits a new YouTube milestone

This week the video for Ariana's '7 rings' passed an impressive 800 million views! This becomes her 6th music video to do so.

It was announced that we placed 11th in the latest AF Posters' chart with 50 posts. Here's to bouncing back this week!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 2nd August 2020, 01:16 PM
Post #68
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #54

Ariana's connections with other AF artists continues

This week I've carried on my thread that documents Ariana's connections with other AF artists! The latest update was on Friday night, where we relived Ariana's appearance on RuPaul's Drag Race. I shall continue this tonight (following a busy day yesterday) so feel free to get caught up in the mean time!

Ariana is nominated for NINE awards at this year's VMAs ceremony!

This week it was revealed that Ariana is up for a whopping 9 MTV Video Music Awards! This makes her the most nominated artist this year alongside Lady Gaga. Their collaboration 'Rain On Me' is up for multiple awards - including the top prize of 'video of the year' - but Ari is also represented by Justin Bieber collaboration 'Stuck With U'. The ceremony is due to take place at the end of August. Come and speculate with us in the mean time!

Rank The Singles: My Everything

The next thread in the 'rank the singles' series is for Ariana's sophomore album 'My Everything'! This record contains the hits 'Problem', 'Break Free', 'Bang Bang', 'Love Me Harder' and 'One Last Time'. The concept is simple, just rank the songs from your favourite to least favourite!

New perfume is on the way!

Ariana excited the fanbase this week by teasing the world about a new fragrance that is on the way! This follows in the footsteps of previous successful perfume launches by her including 'Cloud' and 'thank u, next'. We do not know the title or appearance of the bottle yet, but its existence is exciting all the same.

Virtual Concert #2: The Honeymoon Tour

This week our second virtual concert event went ahead! This was for Ariana's 'The Honeymoon Tour' which supported her 'My Everything' era. Feel free to catch up on the event ahead of the third one launching! We're taking a break next week, due to busy times in my real life, but it will be back on Tuesday 11th August for the 'Dangerous Woman Tour'!

It was also announced that we bounced back into the top 10 of the AF Posters' Chart in 8th place with 91 posts! Thanks so much everyone.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 9th August 2020, 01:55 PM
Post #69
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #55

'Rain On Me': Fangirling over physicals and new Gagavision episode!

This week the 'Rain On Me' thread has been a little busier than usual! Firstly, some of us BuzzJack members (including myself *.*) have received their physical 'Rain On Me' merch in the post this week. Come and have a look if you want to see images of the records and CD. Also, Lady Gaga released a new episode of her long-running 'Gagavision' series where we get more of a behind-the-scenes look at the making of 'Rain On Me'! Fingers crossed that the chat will continue with a 'Rain On Me' VMAs performance becoming reality.

New U.K. sales information!

Jay has kindly provided us with some sales information for Ariana's latter 4 studio albums and her latest collabs 'Stuck With U' and 'Rain On Me'! Dive into the stats above.

Rank The Singles: Dangerous Woman

We have now reached Ariana's third album 'Dangerous Woman' in the 'Rank The Singles' series! Please rank the title track, 'Into You', 'Side to Side' and 'Everyday' above!

Ariana monthly YouTube stats update

This week I have provided a monthly update of Ari's YouTube stats! Developments include 'boyfriend' and 'Stuck With U' moving up the ranks.

Ariana and Travis Scott collaboration on the way?

Rumours have been circulating, thanks to insiders, that Ariana and Travis are cooking up a rap-ballad collab for us! What do you think about this?

Ariana's connections with other AF artists thread concludes!

This week I completed my 'Ariana's connections with other AF artists' project with the likes of Taylor Swift and Zara Larsson rounding off the alphabet! Feel free to have a read and leave a comment if you wish, it was a very fun thread to put together!

New Ariana perfume unveiled as 'R.E.M.'!

This week Ariana revealed on instagram stories that her new perfume is going to be called 'R.E.M.'! She also showed us the packaging and it is a real throwback to the 'Break Free' video. The fragrance is set to hit the stores some time this month. Exciting!

Bidding wars for Sweetener World Tour movie?!

It has been reported that Netflix and YouTube are both bidding for the rights to a 'Sweetener World Tour' movie! Will you be watching?

This week it was also revealed that we placed 8th in the AF Posters' Chart with 127 posts! Thanks everyone.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 16th August 2020, 11:21 AM
Post #70
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #56

Rank The Singles: Sweetener

The penultimate thread in the 'Rank The Singles' series is now live and it's certainly a good'un! 'sweetener' housed the singles 'no tears left to cry', 'God is a woman' and 'breathin' - please rank the trio from your favourite to least favourite! I'll attribute points to everyone's ranks and add them up when we get a few more.

'R.E.M.' fragrance out on 19th August!

We now have a release date and some promo shots of Ariana's upcoming 'R.E.M.' perfume! It will be available to buy next Wednesday. The promo shots are a real throwback to Ariana's 'Break Free' video with the intergalactic themes and similar outfit, hair and make-up. Bring on the launch!

Virtual Concert #3: Dangerous Woman tour

This week the third virtual concert event took place after a breather last week! We watched a YouTube video that contained 1 hour and 30 mins worth of 'Dangerous Woman' tour footage together. Feel free to catch up in the thread above! The next event will be a watch of 'One Love Manchester'.

This week we finished 10th in the AF Posters' Chart with 56 posts. Thanks for helping us keep a new top 10 streak!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 18th August 2020, 03:26 PM
Post #71
Group icon
Alone and wounded

We're going to be re-watching 'One Love Manchester' at 7pm BST, would love if some people could join heart.gif

Details here: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=237572

+Quote this post
Jade
post 23rd August 2020, 03:30 PM
Post #72
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #57

Rank The Singles: thank u, next

This week the 'Rank The Singles' series has come to an end with Ariana's latest studio album 'thank u, next'! This monumental era spawned three singles (although the fans were hoping for more!), these are: 'thank u, next', '7 rings' and 'break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored'. Please rank these #1 hits from your favourite to least favourite!

Favourite rumoured collaboration?

Ariana has been linked to several artists lately as potential collaborators! These include BLACKPINK, Tinashe and The Weeknd. I thought I'd throw all of these names into a poll and see which collab idea would prove most popular on BuzzJack! There's currently a three-way tie, so please cast your votes if you haven't done so already.

Ariana co-writes new BLACKPINK single!

Arianators were recently left disappointed after Ari turned out not to be the feature on new BLACKPINK single 'Ice Cream', despite being heavily rumoured. However, it has now been revealed that we've received the next best thing, as Ariana is listed as one of the writers on this BLACKPINK and Selena Gomez team-up! Exciting.

'bloodline' receives a certification!

Album track 'bloodline', taken from 5th album 'thank u, next', has now been certified silver in the U.K.! Congrats to Ariana on this achievement.

Ariana announced as VMAs performer!

We recently found out that Lady Gaga was performing at the VMAs but news on Ariana was quiet. However, it's now been officially announced that Ari will be joining Gaga for a performance of their #1 single 'Rain On Me'! We cannot wait. Please keep voting for the girls in the mean time!

Brother of Manchester Attacks bomber sentenced to 55 years minimum in jail

Some more justice has been served for the family and friends of the 22 Manchester Arena attack victims. The brother of the suicide bomber, who assisted, has now been sentenced to a minimum of 55 years in jail - he will likely spend life in there, but was handed a minimum number of years due to his age at the time of the attack.

Thoughts on scrapped Ed Sheeran collab 'No Love For The Lonely'?

This week Julian reminded us of the summer smash that never was - the scrapped 'No Love For The Lonely' by Ed Sheeran featuring Ariana. It was originally intended for 'No.6 Collaborations Project' but was dropped after it was leaked to radio. What do you think of the team-up?

Ariana Grande fragrances ('R.E.M.' out now in the U.S.!)

This week Ariana's latest perfume 'R.E.M.' was released in Ulta Beauty stores in the U.S.! Unfortunately we have to wait longer here. In the mean time, I've created a thread to discuss all of Ariana's fragrances past and present! What's your favourite?

Virtual Concert #4: One Love Manchester

The penultimate 'virtual concert' event took place earlier in the week in the AF! This was the very special 'One Love Manchester' benefit concert. We watched all three hours together, from Marcus Mumford's opening number to Ariana's closer. Feel free to read the chat above ahead of the final event next week!

Happy 2nd birthday 'Sweetener'!

This week Ari's fourth studio album 'Sweetener' turned two years old! Ari answered some questions on Twitter to celebrate - including her updated favourites from the record. Do you agree with her taste? Chat all things 'Sweetener' above!

Ariana becomes most streamed woman of ALL-TIME on Spotify!

It's official - Ariana is the most streamed woman of all-time on streaming service Spotify! Her songs have amassed more than 20.5 billion streams to date. She overtakes previous #1 Rihanna. A huge congratulations to stream queen Ari!

It was also announced that we finished 7th with 111 posts in the latest AF Posters' Chart! Thanks so much everyone.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 30th August 2020, 03:16 PM
Post #73
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #58

Ariana performing with Gaga at the VMAs tonight!

Tonight, at quite an unsociable hour U.K. time, the Video Music Awards will begin! Ariana is up for a whopping 9 awards and will be performing smash hit single 'Rain On Me' with Lady Gaga. If you wish to stay up and watch into the early hours of bank holiday Monday then feel free to comment along in the above thread!

Ari co-writes: Ice Cream vs. Motivation

Not only does Ariana write songs for herself but she's been branching out more to help create hits for other artists too! One of these co-writes, 'Ice Cream' by BLACKPINK featuring Selena Gomez, came out just this week. To capitalise on that, I've put this song into a poll with fellow Ari co-write 'Motivation' by Normani to find out which one BuzzJack likes best! So far Normani is pulling off an impressive lead. Have your say above!

BTS rumours are floating about

This week, an insider with a pretty reliable track record has suggested that a BTS and Ariana collab is on the cards. What do you think about this idea?

'thank u, next' vinyl reduced to bargain price!

Earlier in the week cqmerqn gave us the heads up that the 'thank u, next' vinyl is currently just £12.99 in HMV! This is down from the regular price of £30.99.

Virtual Concert #5: Sweetener World Tour

Our series of virtual concerts came to an end this week with Ari's latest tour - the 'Sweetener World Tour'! Thank you to anyone who has participated in any of these 5 concert events. If you want to catch up on the 'Sweetener World Tour' chat then the thread can be found above!

6 years of 'My Everything'

Ariana's sophomore album 'My Everything' has now turned 6 years old! What do you think of the record? Where does it rank amongst her other albums for you? Let us know!

This week it was announced that we placed in an impressive 2nd place with 236 posts in the latest AF Posters' Chart! Thank you everyone.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 6th September 2020, 12:10 PM
Post #74
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #59

Ariana Grande: The Music Video Rate 2020 is now LIVE!

The time has come for our next big event over in the Ari AF! We couldn't think of a better time than now to launch our first ever music video rate off the back of Ariana's Video Music Awards success earlier in the week. We have included all of Ariana's videos as a lead artist and also added 'Bang Bang' and 'Rain On Me' to the pile to get to a round 30 videos. You guys have around 3 weeks to support your favourites! Let us know if you'd like an accompanying plug.dj session and that can be arranged.

Ariana wins 4 awards at the VMAs and performs with Gaga!

On bank holiday Monday I decided to stay up and watch the VMAs at late o'clock! It was worth it as I witnessed Ariana taking home 4 awards and smashing her 'Rain On Me' performance with Gaga out of the park. Catch up on all the Ari happenings at the VMAs above!

R.E.M. advert out now

An animated trailer for Ariana's latest fragrance has now been released! Still waiting on the U.K. release date for the perfume but hopefully not too much longer now.

'Rain On Me' certified platinum in the U.K.!

This week it was announced that Gaga and Ari's smash hit 'Rain On Me' has been certified PLATINUM in the U.K.! Congrats to both of them on this achievement cheer.gif

'Yours Truly' turns 7 years old!

This week Ariana's debut album 'Yours Truly' celebrated its 7th anniversary! What do you think of it? Let us know above.

'Stuck With U' passes 100 million views + full YouTube stats update

As we're in September now I decided to post one of my monthly updates for Ari's YouTube views! I discovered that 'Stuck With U' (now a VMA award winning video) has now passed 100 million views as a result of this. Feel free to check out the entire update!

Ariana reveals her favourite 'My Everything' songs

Ari took to twitter to answer fan questions about her sophomore album 'My Everything' following its recent anniversary. Do you agree with any of her top 3 picks?

It was announced that we placed 6th in the AF Posters' Chart with 125 posts. Thanks everyone!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 13th September 2020, 04:05 PM
Post #75
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #60

One year of 'Don't Call Me Angel'!

Today marks one year since 'Don't Call Me Angel' was released! This Ariana single, featuring Miley Cyrus and Lana Del Rey, was released to accompany the film Charlie's Angels. What do you make of 'Don't Call Me Angel' one year on? Let us know above!

2 weeks left for Ariana Grande: The Music Video Rate 2020

Just a reminder that Ariana Grande: The Music Video Rate 2020 is still open! You guys currently have a little under 2 weeks to submit a rate of Ari's videography. Details of a plug.dj session will be coming soon if you need a refresher on some of her videos!

'R.E.M.' now available in the U.K.!

Ariana's latest fragrance R.E.M. is now available in the U.K.! I ordered one from the Boots website earlier in the week and posted photos of the perfume, intergalactic packaging and super cool lamp that comes as a free gift, if you would like to know what it all looks like.

It was also announced that we finished 10th in the AF Posters' Chart with 54 posts - thanks for helping out our top 10 streak happy.gif

+Quote this post
Jade
post 20th September 2020, 01:16 PM
Post #76
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #61

Ariana Grande: The Music Video Rate 2020: less than a week left to submit!

Kicking off this week's newsletter is a reminder about our current main event in the AF! This is a rate of Ariana's videography. We have included all of her videos as a lead artist, plus a couple of notable extras to push the number up to a round 30. There is now just under a week left to submit a rate! I'm going to host a plug.dj session on Tuesday night, so please feel free to come along if you need a refresher of all the videos. We'd really appreciate some more rates to make the results as accurate as possible!

2 years since the release of breathin!

This week marks 2 years since 'breathin' was released as the third and final single from Ariana's fourth album 'Sweetener'! What do you make of 'breathin'? Do you think it was the correct song to close the campaign? We'd love to know your thoughts.

New music coming sooner than we think?

Ariana got the internet talking after tweeting possible lyric "know my love infinite nothing that i won’t do" and also posting a short snippet of a song. What is she cooking up for us? Could AG6 be coming sooner than we were expecting? Come and speculate with us!

This week it was announced that we finished 11th in the AF Posters' chart with 29 posts. Not a vintage week but here's hoping we can bounce back soon!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 27th September 2020, 02:01 PM
Post #77
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #62

Ariana Grande: The Music Video Rate 2020 - absolute LAST CHANCE to submit!

The deadline for Ariana Grande: The Music Video Rate 2020 passed at 23:59 last night. However, the final results are yet to be totted up. So, if you would like to rate and get us up to double figure participation then please do so ASAP! Your scores could make all the difference in this ultimate Ariana videography face-off.

AG6: an evolution is on the way

This week, Tayla Parx revealed to Entertainment Insider that she has been working in the studio with Ariana for her upcoming 6th record. She has told fans that Ari has "made, yet again, another evolution" and that "we're just going to get to know her even more this time around". What do you make of this brand new info?

Ari is nominated for 3 Billboard Music Awards!

This week the BBMA nominations was released! We found out that Ariana is nominated in three categories for 2020. These are: Top Billboard 200 Album for 'thank u, next', Top Female Artist and Top Social Artist! Check out the thread above to see who her competition is for each category.

It was also revealed that we placed 9th in the AF Posters' Chart with 26 posts. Thanks for helping the discussion stay afloat during BuzzJack's Autumn slump!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 4th October 2020, 03:14 PM
Post #78
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #63

Ariana Grande: The Music Video Rate results begin!

This week us Ariana Grande AF mods have started counting down the results for Ariana Grande: The Music Video Rate! You guys have chosen 'Almost Is Never Enough', 'Stuck With U' and 'Put Your Hearts Up' as the bottom 3 in her videography. Feel free to catch up on commentaries and reactions above before we progress any further.

'One Last Time' performed on Little Mix: The Search

'One Last Time' has re-entered the iTunes top 100 thanks to a performance last night on Little Mix: The Search! The currently unnamed female vocal group performed this huge Ari hit in front of a crowd to earn a spot in the final line-up. Click the link above to check out the performance!

'Into You' music video reaches 800 million views!

This week I provided a monthly update of Ari's YouTube stats and noticed that 'Into You' has now crossed the 800 million mark in the process - yay!

It was also revealed that we finished 9th in the AF Posters' Chart with 31 posts. Thanks for helping to keep us in the top 10!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 11th October 2020, 02:25 PM
Post #79
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #64

More AG6 speculation

Ariana's upcoming 6th era was a popular topic on social media last night thanks to producer Tommy Brown! He sparked discussion by posting a picture with Ariana on instagram with the caption '6****'. When do you think her next album will be dropping?

More Ariana Grande: The Music Video Rate results revealed!

Yesterday I posted commentary for the latest result in our Ariana Grande: The Music Video Rate event. This was for #22. Feel free to catch up ahead of the top 20!

Ariana Grande x Mariah Carey x Jennifer Hudson collaboration on the way?

Mariah Carey posted a photo of three director chairs this week with the initials AG, MC and JH. Social media was quick to pick up on the fact that the others could be Ariana Grande and Jennifer Hudson. What do you guys think it could be? A television special? A brand new song? A remix of 'All I Want For Christmas Is You'? Speculate away!

Ariana nominated for 4 EMAs!

This week it was revealed that Ariana has been nominated for 4 MTV Europe Music Awards! She is up for best video, song, collaboration and biggest fans. Exciting! Do you think she has a chance of winning any of these? Let us know in the general discussion thread above.

This week it was announced that we finished 9th in the AF Posters' Chat with 42 posts. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this tally!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 18th October 2020, 10:35 AM
Post #80
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #65

Well this week has been rather exciting hasn't it...!

New album 'Positions' out on 30th October!

This week Ariana surprised the world by casually dropping a tweet claiming that she couldn't wait for us to hear a new album from her this month! The tweet has since raked in over 1 million likes. Last night, she confirmed through a video on social media and via a countdown on her website that AG6 is in fact titled 'Positions' and will be out on October 30th! The wait for a new era is now over! How do you feel about a brand new Ariana record dropping in just a matter of days? What do you think it will sound like?

New single 'Positions' out on 23rd October!

So, if the album news wasn't exciting enough, Ariana has also announced that the self-titled lead single 'Positions' is dropping a week before the whole record! An insider has reported that a music video has already been shot too. So, less than a week to go for new Ariana music and potentially visuals too! Who else is ridiculously excited?!

Ariana to star in 'Don't Look Up' movie!

This week it was also revealed that Ariana is joining the star-studded cast of Netflix movie 'Don't Look Up'! She will star alongside huge names Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep and Jennifer Lawrence amongst others. Now really is a great time to be an Ariana fan, her work ethic knows no bounds!

'Santa Tell Me' passes 200 million YouTube views!

Well, it may be October, but 'Santa Tell Me' news is already relevant as the video passed 200 million views this week! Hooray.

This week we also found out that JT from City Girls used Ari's music as a coping mechanism in prison and Ariana also unfortunately went home empty-handed at the Billboard Music Awards. No word on our AF Posters' Chart placing yet but hopefully it's a good'un! Also, the Music Video Rate results will be resuming soon.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:48 AM