BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Least Fave Destiny's Child Single - The Results, You're acting kinda shady, Coz I'm a Survivor
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Nina West
post 22nd March 2016, 06:52 PM
Post #1
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Well there you have it, after weeks and weeks of voting, with many big hits falling by the wayside, we finally have our winner. It was 'Say My Name' VS 'Survivor', 2 of their massive hits, that both had become true turning points in their career's. One song introduced a new line up, while the other became an iconic empowering classic. After a pretty close battle it was 'Say My Name' had ended up winning the least fave round by 5 votes, scoring 11, while in the runner up spot was 'Survivor' which received 16 votes.

In the runner up position is 'Survivor', which has become one of their staple hits ever. It's a song that forever that made their mark in pop culture, and set the momentum for the forthcoming 3rd album of the same name and that drills home the perseverance motif with fist-pounding severity. It is well and truly a great song, that's funnily enough was inspired by a reality show of the same name, due to them losing yet another member Farrah (really does anybody actually remember her), and in the end only made them stronger as a unit, and the line up of Beyoncé, Kelly & Michelle, each giving powerful vocals to this track, will always be the best remembered line up of this group.

And now we have our winner "Say My Name", an unlikely winner, but nonetheless still a brilliant banging tune, with such elegant and restraint vocals and production, well and truly makes this a deserving winner. Not that this didn't come with it's fair share of controversies however, this was the first time the public got to see the 2nd line-up of the group, after the previous 2 members were kicked out over contract disputes, and didn't know that they'd been replaced, until they saw this music video on TV (oooh that's cold). But whatever the circumstances, this is still a DC classic. It was also the song that became their first massive success in most parts of world and really made the public sit up and take notice, as these girls were about to run the world.

02nd Survivor = 16 Votes

#1. Say My Name = 11 Votes

I would just like to personally thank everybody whose taken part in these polls throughout the last couple of months and made it a big success. To be honest I had a blast, so again thank you.

Results

01st. Say My Name = 11/40.74%
02nd. Survivor = 16/59.29%
03rd. Lose My Breath = 12/40.00%
04th. Independent Women Part 1 = 13/48.15%
05th. Bootylicious = 8/34.78%
06th. Jumpin' Jumpin' = 12/5217%
07th. Bills, Bills, Bills = 13/36.11%
08th. Bug A Boo = 20/54.05%
09th. Emotion = 6/23.08%
10th. Soldier = 10/38.46%
11th. Girl = 12/48.00%