BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story, Netflix documentary.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
shadow2009
post 11th April 2022, 10:16 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

Speechless.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 11th April 2022, 11:58 AM
Post #2
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

I know...I was morbidly interested to watch though just because he was a bit before my time (I was 19 when he died) and I only recall having a view of him at all growing up through my parents, and there was very little discourse I heard, and I don't think there's been a bigger turnaround in public opinion in my lifetime thus far.

Looking at those interview clips and the things he said ('my case is coming up next Thursday' followed by laughter) Jesus...I get it was a different time and retrospect etc., but wow, I don't think it could've been more blatant something was up. It was so difficult to watch one of his victims talk about her experiences sad.gif what a brave woman and the three that all spoke up yet were subtly pushed away from pressing charges by the police was disgraceful (as was the BBC airing tributes to him rather than go with the story)

I suppose the one good thing is it did open the public's eyes and helped catch other predators of a similar ilk (Rolf Harris for one) and it could never happen these days, it was telling that the internet coming in was when people finally started to wake up to this.

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 11th April 2022, 12:54 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Need to watch this

+Quote this post
shadow2009
post 11th April 2022, 02:53 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,059

The scene at the start of episode 2 where he's next to a disabled kid on a hospital bed and they've drew him as a monster and he's asking them what he ever did to them and they respond with 'everything'.

Chilling. Everything about him disturbs the f*** out of me. Completely manic/terrifying eyes and a disturbing ability to crack jokes and have 'banter' to keep things moving so nobody can dwell on his comments.

+Quote this post
King Rollo
post 11th April 2022, 06:52 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 23,961

There's also going to be a drama series on BBC1 later this year with Steve Coogan taking on the role of Jimmy Savile.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 10:39 AM