BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why So Sirius national thread, MEOW!!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
TheSnake
post Mar 27 2020, 09:13 PM
Post #21
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

Greetings to the leadership of Why So Sirius, your representatives will be welcome on Buzzjack Mountain for a party (once the social distancing measures are no longer needed that is) where we will serve the finest hotdogs and beans

This post has been edited by Social Hisstance: Mar 27 2020, 09:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Mar 27 2020, 09:58 PM
Post #22
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 77,363
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Social Hisstance @ Mar 27 2020, 09:13 PM) *
Greetings to the leadership of Why So Sirius, your representatives will be welcome on Buzzjack Mountain for a party (once the social distancing measures are no longer needed that is) where we will serve the finest hotdogs and beans

thanks for the invite! smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Mar 28 2020, 10:16 AM
Post #23
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

dont forget about the new chart today! bjsc 123 entries will be included next week! you could find some entries here from last edition!

+Quote Post
uhsting
post May 3 2020, 09:37 PM
Post #24
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

Stay home, save lives, and spread the message (not germs)!

By the way, last edition we had arguably the longest entry to BJSC with Arca. This edition, we possibly have the shortest entry to BJSC! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by uhsting: May 3 2020, 09:40 PM

+Quote Post
uhsting
post May 28 2020, 09:44 PM
Post #25
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

NOT AN ENTRY FOR BJSC 125

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Jun 10 2020, 10:31 AM
Post #26
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

why do i feel like a braindead every day?

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Jun 10 2020, 10:31 AM
Post #27
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

why do i feel like a braindead every day?

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Jun 19 2020, 07:58 PM
Post #28
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

Following three disappointing DNQs, the people of Why So Sirius have voted out Doge as the head of state. New candidates will be running for the head of state and these will be voted upon. Please bear with us as we elect a new head of state.

The people are determined to bring their nation their first qualifier in the next contest.

+Quote Post
TheSnake
post Jun 19 2020, 08:14 PM
Post #29
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
Group: Memberrs
Member No.: 23,308
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(uhsting @ Jun 19 2020, 08:58 PM) *
Following three disappointing DNQs, the people of Why So Sirius have voted out Doge as the head of state. New candidates will be running for the head of state and these will be voted upon. Please bear with us as we elect a new head of state.

The people are determined to bring their nation their first qualifier in the next contest.

No! WhySoSirius won't be the same without Doge (in astronomy Sirius is the Doge Star after all) and use of glorious Comic Sans!

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Jun 27 2020, 11:13 PM
Post #30
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

The people have voted!

We are delighted to announce our new head of state: Ollie the Polite Cat!

Here is a brief message from our new head of state!

Greetings everyone, I am honoured to be elected as the head of state. I am thrilled to be involved in the selection of songs and the logistics of representing Why So Sirius the future contests. It is heart-warming to know that the people have confidence in my ability to coordinate a competitive application in the contest, and I shall not let thy people down. Many thanks for the ongoing support and I am excited to select the next song for BJSC!

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Jul 8 2020, 07:45 AM
Post #31
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

Jeremy Loops to represent South Africa for Why So Sirius!

He is representing the nation with "Mortal Man". Released in May this year, this song conveys the message that however bad the situation is, there is someone to hear you out and rely on. The song has an acoustic sound to it, and relatively stripped back with mostly the guitar and the piano. It is simply structured and sounds relaxing as well.

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Aug 1 2020, 10:48 PM
Post #32
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

Why So Sirius bringing you the summer you need

We have no information from where Koala comes from, but this doesn't matter because the song is for everyone in the world! Let's embrace the final month of summer and dance along this catchy banger! Shake it!

On behalf of Why So Sirius, thanks to everyone who voted us during semi-final 2! See you all in the grand finals!

This post has been edited by uhsting: Aug 7 2020, 08:09 PM

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Aug 14 2020, 10:09 PM
Post #33
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

Thank you all for voting! I'm grateful to finish with 137 points and 25th place, scoring the 1st qualification for the country! I'm well preparing for BJSC 127, hopefully to replicate the success of the BJSC 126 entry!

I will be sending a ballad for BJSC 127. I have several potentials in my head at the moment, but I will try to get everything sorted and you will see what happens!

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Aug 22 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #34
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

BJSC 127 National finals

Why So Sirius will be holding a national final to search for their next entry for BJSC!!

Of course according to the rules you cannot DM me your votes, but feel free to comment below on your feedback about the following three potentials!

Without further ado, let's bring on the 3 potentials!!

upsidedownhead ft. Mansionair - twice as tough

We start off with actually one of my most played songs recently. This song does have a major setback with the lack of a third ending major chorus, but the clever use of instrumentation throughout the song sets up the atmosphere and scene, as well as the background choir in the chorus: both of them make up this setback for me. The Sydney-based upsidedownhead, together with the leading vocalist Jack Froggatt from Mansionair, worked this song on a summer afternoon. This song is about "learning to love yourself before letting other people in".

Bolshiee - Maniac

Second potential would be this stupendous song from Bolshiee. This song is very delicate but also powerful with the violins doing a glissando in the chorus. The music does speak for itself on what the message of this song brings. Luxembourgian Bolshiee pictures the song and lyrics as a movie, which is "a combination of being in a vulnerable & open state of mind and the right time & place". I hope you enjoy the story told by Bolshiee in this song!

Diandra - Koti

Wrapping up will be a Finnish song "Koti", which means "home" in English. This song technically is not a ballad if you try to argue in detail but let's not delve into that shall we? I love the regional sounding and the Finnish language sounds absolutely beautiful in this song. The chorus melody is memorable and fabulous, refreshing you could also say! Diandra actually had the melody in her head for some years and she finally penned the song with lyrics from Timo Kiiskinen. In this song, she plays the violin and reckons that "bring[s] a beautiful Finnish folk music atmosphere to the song". The lyrics tell that "the home is there ‘wherever I hit my head’ ”.This is a new single from her in years, so I'm glad she made a strong comeback!

Feedback is appreciated and I hope it will guide me to the next BJSC 127 entry for Why So Sirius, and hopefully another qualification for the country!

This post has been edited by uhsting: Aug 22 2020, 09:25 PM

+Quote Post
Thom Spirit Kay
post Aug 23 2020, 04:15 PM
Post #35
eat hot chip, be homosexual
Group: Members
Member No.: 6,946

LOVE Bolshiee's voice and the gliss is gorgeous as you say wub.gif Diandra is very nice though and I love a bit of scandipop, Finnish in particular. Hope she didn't hit her head too hard though kink.gif

So personally for me, Diandra, but Bolshiee may be more accessible thinking.gif

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Aug 23 2020, 05:16 PM
Post #36
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Thom Femenerkay @ Aug 23 2020, 05:15 PM) *
LOVE Bolshiee's voice and the gliss is gorgeous as you say wub.gif Diandra is very nice though and I love a bit of scandipop, Finnish in particular. Hope she didn't hit her head too hard though kink.gif

So personally for me, Diandra, but Bolshiee may be more accessible thinking.gif

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you like Bolshiee and agree that the gliss is amazing! Diandra's head should well and ok haha and love Scandipop when it's in its own language! These 3 songs definitely create a massive headache for me sad.gif

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Sep 6 2020, 10:04 PM
Post #37
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

Koti unfortunately didn't make it to the finals, and it seems that preselection curse has come to Why So Sirius XD. I will be pretty proud of this entry no matter what.

I wonder what could have happened if I listened to the advice of Bolshiee being more accessible. To be honest, I don't think twice as tough would have done better. XD

I have a lot of potentials (bangers) for BJSC 128 and I will post them up as soon as BJSC 127 finishes!

+Quote Post
uhsting
post Sep 22 2020, 10:21 AM
Post #38
AAAAAAAAAAAAA
   No Gallery Pics

I am very busy lately so I haven't got time to listen a lot to the songs that I want to choose for the upcoming edition! If comments are given, that will be appreciated! smile.gif

1. Noga Erez - YOU SO DONE

2. AE Mak ft. Seba Safe - i dance in the k!tchen

3. Fulminacci - Canguro

This post has been edited by uhsting: Sep 22 2020, 10:21 AM

+Quote Post
Thom Spirit Kay
post Sep 23 2020, 09:12 AM
Post #39
eat hot chip, be homosexual
Group: Members
Member No.: 6,946

Hey there, here’s the official Numayanagasque review from the BJSC preview show funky.gif

You So Done (WOW ohmy.gif Memorable video, slightly less memorable song, but slightly reminds me of an American (?) Christine and the Queens which is no bad thing biggrin.gif )

I Dance In The Kitchen (OMG STOP TALKING laugh.gif When it gets going it’s pretty cute, I think the intro might put people off though, I thought you’d posted an interview by accident for a minute. Also don’t forget that the word “kitchen is filtered on here, so if you’re not careful you’ll be sending a song called I Dance In The iamspamspamami kink.gif )

Canguro (catchy as hell! I love Italian pop but good Italian pop is hard to find at least outside of Eurovision/San Remo season. The lyrics are great, and the production. The fact that he’s adorable doesn’t harm either wub.gif )

So personally for me, Canguro but I think You So Done might have more hit potential... thinking.gif

This post has been edited by Thom Regulus Kay: Sep 23 2020, 09:15 AM

+Quote Post
King Rollo
post Sep 24 2020, 02:00 PM
Post #40
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

I like song 1 the best. Song 2 was quirky and I might give it some points but I don't think it would do well. Song 3 was not very memorable.

So my recommendation is 'You So Done'.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:21 AM