BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dancing With The Stars, Season 26 // Athletes
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Cody Scobell
post Apr 13 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #1
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

All athletes season cast up! MIRAI & ADAM TO SLAY #20gayteen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Apr 27 2018, 10:25 PM
Post #2
   No Gallery Pics

Week 1 Songs/Dances:

Adam Rippon and Jenna Johnson: Cha-cha (Song: “Sissy That Walk” by RuPaul)
Arike Ogunbowale and Gleb Savchenko: Salsa (Song: “Them Girls” by Whitney Myer)
Chris Mazdzer and Witney Carson: Salsa (Song: “Mr. Put It Down” by Ricky Martin featuring Pitbull)
Jamie Anderson and Artem Chigvintsev: Viennese Waltz (Song: “Feeling Good” by Avicii)
Jennie Finch Daigle and Keo Motsepte: Foxtrot (Song: “All-American Girl” by Carrie Underwood)
Johnny Damon and Emma Slater: Foxtrot (Song: “Centerfield” by John Fogerty)
Josh Norman and Sharna Burgess: Cha-cha (Song: “Finesse” by Bruno Mars)
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Lindsay Arnold: Cha-cha (Song: “Signed, Sealed, Delivered ” by Stevie Wonder)
Mirai Nagasu and Alan Bersten: Salsa (Song: “No Excuses” by Meghan Trainor)
Tonya Harding and Sasha Farber: Foxtrot (Song: “When You Believe” by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey)

!!! @ MAMA RU!!!

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 1 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #3
   No Gallery Pics

Watch all Week 1 dances here!

Live from Hollywood, it’s Dancing With The Stars: Athletes! We’ve got everything from softball players to recent Olympians, plus our first collegiate athlete on the show! West Coast viewers will be cheated off rooting for two contestants as only East Coast viewers voted.

(scores: Carrie Ann | Len | Bruno)

-

Chris & Witney: DWTS loves giving Witney guys names Chris. This is her third after Chris Soules & Chris Kattan. That shirt rip is pretty much fodder for the Hottest Male threads but he’s a lot better than I thought he would be. The judges are impressed with his energy. Carrie Ann and Bruno point out that he should watch his balance to enhance hip action. I agree; your center is your center.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 7 = 21. Witney seems to be good with dark horse candidates, and he might just pull a Frankie of the trajectory is right.

-

Kareem & Lindsay: At 7’1”, he’s one of the tallest contestants in DWTS history. I loved the Lakers as a kid, so I know of him, he’s a legend from before my time though. BLESS HIS HEART HE’S A TRIER. It seems a little too contrived at places but Lindsay did her best to hide it and turn him into a natural performer, even if he towers over the dancers. The judges think he needs to loosen up, but they love the fact that they got to see him perform and entertain.

Scores: 6 | 5 | 6 = 17. A bit more generous than I expected.

-

Jennie & Keo: It’s nice to see the softball community getting recognition, even if it’s for a gimmicky season like this. She lives on a farm with her family, she loves horses, it screams country. I did notice there were times when she was a beat behind and then would skip over to catch up to Keo, but she managed to pick up the choreography quickly and her performance was joyous. Carrie Ann admired her competitive spirit.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 7 = 21. If I’m right, this is Keo’s highest Week 1 score, beating Jodie’s 20 from two years ago.

-

Jamie & Artem: I don’t think we’ve had that many snowboarders on the show. I remember Louie Vito and that’s it. The producers seem to love giving Artem the Viennese Waltz for a Week 1 dance, and it looked decent for the most part, but she was also having some timing issues.

Scores: 6 | 7 | 6 = 19. Erin ensures that it’s promising if Len gives the highest score.

-

Mirai & Alan: TOO CUTE FOR WORDS. She gives him mittens because “she’s a sweater” and then proceeds to say that she doesn’t really know him. The dance is amazing, she lost a bit of that spark around the middle, but it’s a solid performance and the lifts were BRILLIANT. Carrie Ann warns her to not bob her head too much, otherwise it looks like she’s having timing issues.

Scores: 8 | 7 | 8 = 23. We finally have a competition here!

Arike & Gleb: She’s feeling a bit of pressure being both in her current year of college studies and training for the show, but she’s got a tough mindset. It’s completely out of her element, but for what it’s worth, it’s a lot better than what I expected a couple days ago. Len thinks she’s a bit too tight and should loosen up and Carrie Ann tells her to open usher ribcage more, but the judges think her attitude is riveting.

Scores: 7 | 6 | 7 = 20. That’s pretty good!

-

Adam & Jenna: MAIN EVENT TIME. Jenna is pretty much a dream partner for him so the two naturally hit it off pretty well.

Jenna: “I wish a man would do that for me all the time”
Adam: “...me too.”

MY HEART. Probably the best Week 1 dance I’ve seen in the last three years. It’s everything I expected from him and more. Super campy, but at the same time there’s something about his movements that are very Chmerkovskiy-esque. From the isolation patterns to the butterfly kick into the Johnny Weir pose, he put in as much charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent into that.

The only criticism I can put is that he fell out of his triple pirouette but other than that this performance was AMAZING.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24. This needed a 9. Also, “I’m not a scientist, but we got chemistry.”

-

Johnny & Emma: Apprently I heard a rumor that he was a Trump supporter? There goes any chance of going far out the window. It’s a pretty good dance despite it being clunky in places. The judges like that he was able to keep up with more advanced choreography but he didn’t exactly perform it to par.

Scores: 6 | 6 | 6 = 18. After consecutive top 5’s, Emma may be back to flopping again.

-

Tonya & Sasha: The Ryan Lochte of the season! Except she may never be forgiven. Especially considering there are people on social media who said that Barbara Bush deserved to die. All she wants to do is do well and prove that she deserves to be here. She danced beautifully, which is impressive considering I was expecting her to be a mess.

Scores: 8 | 7 | 8 = 23. It’s a bit bittersweet. I like her dancing but if she goes further than Nancy I’m gonna bust a lip.

Josh & Sharna: Another NFL player. Surprise surprise, he’s good at dancing, and Len believes so too.

Scores: 8 | 8 | 8 = 24. I think we may just have a final four already.

-

In Jeopardy: Jamie & Artem, Tonya & Sasha, Johnny & Emma. Interestingly Kareem is safe. Glad to see Keo make it through the first two eliminations for once.
Eliminated: Jamie & Artem, Johnny & Emma. Emma’s 2nd wooden spoon, Artem’s first. He’s been in the worst two spots twice.

Overall, I still hate that this is only four weeks.

-

Next Week: Another dance, and team dances! I’m predicting the team captains to be Adam & Josh.

Dance Ranking:
10 | 1.) Adam & Jenna
8 | 2.) Mirai & Alan
8 | 3.) Josh & Sharna
8 | 4.) Chris & Witney
7 | 5.) Tonya & Sasha
7 | 6.) Arike & Gleb
7 | 7.) Jennie & Keo
6 | 8.) Jamie & Artem
6 | 9.) Johnny & Emma

5 | 10.) Kareem & Lindsay

Voted For: Adam & Jenna (+5), Mirai & Alan (+4), Chris & Witney (+1)

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post May 9 2018, 01:57 AM
Post #4
   No Gallery Pics

Watch all Week 2 dances here!

Live from Hollywood, it’s Week 2 of Dancing With The Stars: Athletes! This week is another mishmash of themes, including team dances! Joining the judges today is fellow athlete and Season 24 champion, Rashad Jennings.

(scores: Carrie Ann | Rashad | Len | Bruno)

-

Josh & Sharna | Paso Doble: Rehearsals take place in Josh's ranch home, and he wants to get into character for this Paso Doble, so he listens to a lot of movie scores. The pressure is on for them to deliver like they did last week. Fittingly, their dance is to The Plaza Of Execution from Mask Of Zorro. It's another standard Paso from Sharna, utilizing the troupe with ease and delivering a nice cowboy-esque motif, but I found Josh to be a bit too stiff and tense, especially in his mouth. Carrie Ann and Bruno want him to continue his lines. Rashad enjoys the fact that there is a fellow NFL player on the show.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 8 | 8 = 30. That second 8 was a bit too generous.

-

Jennie & Keo | Cha Cha: As we've seen in past seasons, Cha Chas are the kiss of death for Keo. Jennie wants to feel comfortable and have fun with this dance, but she feels so uncomfortable it's almost violating with the previous song choice (Janelle Monae's "Make Me Feel" apparently) and she decides she wants to change it. The dance is fun but the lack of rehearsal time is too obvious. The judges note that she was off-timing during the routine, and she needs to use her limbs to their full potential. I'm glad she was having fun in the dance.

Scores: 6 | 7 | 7 | 6 = 26. It's a clear downgrade from last week.

-

Kareem & Lindsay | Salsa: THIS LITERALLY SPELLS DISASTER. Kareem's father played in a jazz band and this is a dedication to him. It was very interesting to see the "two people make one dancer" illusion back when Terra Jole did it during her duet, but it was hilarious to see the flipside happen: leave it to Hayley Erbert to carry Lindsay on her shoulders and make her tall enough to reach the towering Kareem. The dance is all in good fun and it's a giant step up from last week.

Scores: 7 | 7 | 6 | 6 = 26. Around where I expected.

-

Chris & Witney | Viennese Waltz: So I just realized that Chris has ADHD! I love him so much more now. Witney is nailing the training for these dark horses. The dance is clean and exquisite and the two of them look amazing. Chris is a lot more graceful that what I had expected. Len is impressed with him keeping the flow of the dance when transitioning into hold. Bruno loved how they filled the space between them.

Scores: 9 | 8 | 8 | 8 = 33. Well he's definitely pulling a Frankie.

-

Tonya & Sasha | Quickstep: All Tonya wants to feel is bliss and confidence that she can do this no matter what the naysayers say. In my critiques, it's nice to leave all the controversy and hate away from the theater and let the dance speak for itself. They are rehearsing the quickstep and her heart flutters when he tells her she's doing great. AWW. The dance is fun, and for once Sasha isn't wearing an animal costume for this! It's a fun and campy dance filled with energy and Sasha leaping into Tonya's arms at one point. It's a quickstep with musical theater influences.

Scores: 8 | 9 | 8 | 8 = 33. Okay Rashad, you need to calm down.

-

Mirai & Alan | Foxtrot: Apparently it's Disney Night too because this dance is all about making Mirai feel like a princess. I can understand Mirai beating herself up from that 7 last week: she eats, lives, and breathes competition, so anything less than her best can bug her. THIS IS TOO CUTE. The dance is as elegant as it should be and exactly what Heather should have done for Disney Night last year. The judges are raving for it. Carrie Ann tells her that this dance was what she was capable of.

Scores: 9 | 10 | 9 | 9 = 37. Also Meryl David next to Nathan Chen in the audience! "The real queen is standing right over there." UGH. heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

-

Arike & Gleb: Arike is a true competitor. She loves a challenge, and of course she considers the heels to be a challenge, so naturally she accepts. Gleb notes the power in their song choice (P!nk's "What About Us") and Arike notes that she wants to be an inspiration to other female athletes to strive for the best. I've never been that enthused by Gleb's foxtrots before (Erika's was too gimmicky, while Sasha and Jana's were a bit too slow, this one's no exception) but I thought this dance was beautiful and elegant, and I'm impressed at the level of emotion Arike was giving. Bruno noted that she improved her posture this week, and Carrie Ann was in tears because of how powerful the dance was.

Scores: 8 | 9 | 8 | 8 = 33. Arike's mom teared up seeing her in costume for the dance. It was like seeing her in a prom dress. Also Rashad gave the right score.

-

Adam & Jenna: Adam notes that he has been having difficulty with the quickstep movements, and also points out that Jenna has been traveling with him for the Stars On Ice tour. They're so precious. As expected, they do amazingly (despite certain parts where Adam seemed to have lost balance and Jenna was basically carrying the dance), but hell, the judges loved it anyway. Len loved the precision in the dance, and Carrie Ann loved that there's still room for growth. There's a bit of banter between him and Rashad (apparently they're the same size in blazers!), and it's all fun.

Scores: 9 | 9 | 9 | 10 = 37. Leave it to Bruno to throw these two a bone.

-

Team Dance | 50's Jive | Chris/Josh/Kareem/Tonya: So this is a 50's inspired number with a ton of jive material. Sounds about right for something Lindsay and Sharna are a part of. It's nice to see everyone working around Kareem and the individual parts aren't bad, but it was mostly shaky. Tonya just about stole the show here. Carrie Ann pointed out that Josh was a bit hesitant and that threw him of sync.

Scores: 8 | 9 | 8 | 8 = 33. Of course Rashad is the highest.

-

Team Dance | 70's Disco| Adam/Arike/Jennie/Mirai: OH MY GOD THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN. They all look like they're having a blast, and Adam and Arike's individual parts put a smile on my face. It's also funny to see Adam in a giant afro. This guy ain't afraid to act a fool, that's for sure. The judges loved that the group portions were in sync.

Scores: 9 | 10 | 9 | 9 = 37. So that solidifies Adam and Mirai in the top 2.

-

In Jeopardy: Kareem & Lindsay, Chris & Witney, Arike & Gleb. At this point, I'm praying that they don't eliminate Chris.
Eliminated: Kareem & Lindsay, Arike & Gleb. So the two that I expected to go in Week 1 ended up leaving now. I think if this was a regular season, Kareem would have been a Week 2 casualty but Arike would have gone much farther. At least she can now focus on her schoolwork.

-

Next Week: TRIPLE ELIMINATION. They're really punching the gas on this one. David Ross is the guest judge this time, what a downgrade.

Dance Ranking:
10 | 1.) Mirai & Alan
10 | 2.) Tonya & Sasha
9 | 3.) Adam & Jenna
9 | 4.) Arike & Gleb
9 | 5.) 70's Team Dance
8 | 6.) Chris & Witney
7 | 7.) Jennie & Keo
7 | 8.) Josh & Sharna
7 | 9.) 50's Team Dance
6 | 10.) Kareem & Lindsay

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:58 PM