BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Emma Bunton's Christmas Party - UK Tour in December 2022, Dates in Manchester, Brighton, York, Birmingham & London
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
vibe
post 17th December 2022, 02:38 AM
Post #181
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

she cancelled York and hasnt cancelled birmingham!!
i cant cancel hotel or travel !!!

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vibe
post 17th December 2022, 02:47 AM
Post #182
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

I am going to lose hundreds!!!

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 17th December 2022, 06:31 AM
Post #183
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

cry.gif Sorry about that, that's incredibly frustrating

+Quote this post
StephenN18
post 17th December 2022, 12:41 PM
Post #184
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 7,743

Birmingham has been cancelled no.gif no.gif
I hope it gets rescheduled!

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 17th December 2022, 02:33 PM
Post #185
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

I very much doubt they will tbh

+Quote this post
StephenN18
post 17th December 2022, 02:43 PM
Post #186
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

They're issuing refunds, it's such a shame cry.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 17th December 2022, 03:40 PM
Post #187
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Yep refunds being issued, my mother is furious she got Peter Kay tickets and they cancelled the dates and then these its like her Xmas ticket gifts are cursed haha.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 18th December 2022, 07:02 AM
Post #188
Group icon

I wonder if she will be able to perform in London? Such bad luck that she got ill. sad.gif

What I'm about to write is speculative because of course there's many reasons why she could have got ill. I was kind of surprised that her meet and greet photos had her in such close contact with the fans. Those photos do look amazing and they have to be the best meet and greet pictures I've seen since before Covid, she definitely gave those fans their money's worth. I just wonder if some level of social distancing would have been wiser. Obviously that might not even be the reason at all and what's done is done, I hope she has a speedy recovery. heart.gif

Hopefully she will be able to do London at least, but this is such a blow to Emma and the York/Birmingham fans cry.gif

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 18th December 2022, 11:27 AM
Post #189
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587

It is an incredibly unfortunate position to be in, sadly... She sounded very rough in Brighton (which was also another reason to know she was miming ah...)

This time of the year is very bad for colds and viruses, and I hope she is recovering well. As a live singer, she really needs to take more care of herself. Touring is grueling and can really affect you. I remember she started exercising and do vocal trainings for Spiceworld2019 early in the year. Granted, that was a much bigger tour and rehearsal period, but even in a smaller tour like this, specially in the winter, you need to get your body in shape to withstand the amount of workload, people around you and the winter viruses...

Artists rehearse for months sometimes for small tours. Emma rehearsed for 6 days for this. It is clearly not enough from a rehearsal point of view (and it shows how unprepared they all were...) but also to how your body adjusts to the suddenly change of pace in your life. It doesnt look like she was ready, AT ALL. And it shows. Touring is hard, no matter the scale.

She will be fine for London. It is completely sold out, and she has had a few days to rest up and get better. She will do it even if she is in the same position as in Brighton, i think, whereas she is a bit rough still but she will go through it, rely on the miming, and rest properly afterwards.

What a shame this whole tour has turned out to be. For her first tour, the only saving grave has been London selling out. Most of the fans and online chatter has been about this being a mediocre affair overall.

She should release music and start going to festivals, doing the gig round like Mel C does, even if she doesnt want to do as much as Mel C. But yeah, she need to hone in her craft!

+Quote this post
tommie
post 18th December 2022, 11:49 AM
Post #190
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(Mr.X @ Dec 18 2022, 12:27 PM) *
Artists rehearse for months sometimes for small tours. Emma rehearsed for 6 days for this. It is clearly not enough from a rehearsal point of view (and it shows how unprepared they all were...) but also to how your body adjusts to the suddenly change of pace in your life. It doesnt look like she was ready, AT ALL. And it shows. Touring is hard, no matter the scale.

Six days is insane! I realise that they probably couldn't rehearse for literal months since it would blow the budget, but on the other hand Emma's not someone who regularly tours and thus have a lot of tricks up her sleeve. Someone like Mel C *might* pull it off because she regularly performs and has at least a core set of people around her to help with pulling a show together. Emma has no such crew and yeah, you could tell just by the dancers that they didn't have time to even perfect simple dance routines. The more I hear about this project the more I wonder how they could expect this to not end in shambles.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 18th December 2022, 11:58 AM
Post #191
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(tommie @ Dec 18 2022, 11:49 AM) *
Six days is insane! I realise that they probably couldn't rehearse for literal months since it would blow the budget, but on the other hand Emma's not someone who regularly tours and thus have a lot of tricks up her sleeve. Someone like Mel C *might* pull it off because she regularly performs and has at least a core set of people around her to help with pulling a show together. Emma has no such crew and yeah, you could tell just by the dancers that they didn't have time to even perfect simple dance routines. The more I hear about this project the more I wonder how they could expect this to not end in shambles.

Absolutely. The more you train and prepare, the better it will all be. Sadly, this was always meant to be a low budget, 'this will do' affair and the absolute mess it has become is predictable under these conditions.

Sadly, it doesnt really bode well at all for her as a solo act. The illness is the last worries here. It is the absolute shambles this has become.

It's not even so camp that it is good. It's just all a bit lame and sad.

This post has been edited by Mr.X: 18th December 2022, 02:06 PM

+Quote this post
StephenN18
post 18th December 2022, 01:19 PM
Post #192
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

It sounds like Emma is doing London tomorrow, she said she feels a little better and is going to rest all day and can't wait to see everyone tomorrow.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 18th December 2022, 11:25 PM
Post #193
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Yeah she is doing tomorrow's show for sure.

Can we also STOP with the rumours that she is pretending to be sick so she can cancel the shows and claim back money from the insurance claim? Can't a (Spice) girl be sick for once?....

PopJustice members are doing too much on this. Why create more drama when she was clearly sick already in Brighton. When she spoke to the crowds she sounded rough and with a sour throat already! No wonder she got really ill!!

This post has been edited by Mr.X: 18th December 2022, 11:26 PM

+Quote this post
Yobnedor
post 19th December 2022, 12:04 AM
Post #194
Group icon
Perfectly Pop
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 3,033

It is also a fact that Birmingham barely sold anything though. When you see the amount of tickets left across all of the ticketing vendors - there were lots of seats left.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 19th December 2022, 12:11 AM
Post #195
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Yobnedor @ Dec 19 2022, 12:04 AM) *
It is also a fact that Birmingham barely sold anything though. When you see the amount of tickets left across all of the ticketing vendors - there were lots of seats left.

Pretty sure that happened in Brighton, a lot of tickets were released in the morning and then it looked quite packed, there was a lot of free tickets given away. They would have done similar in York and Birmingham to be honest, so I dont think it would be a problem. The top tier in Birmingham were closed off for like a week as it was clearly not selling.

But Brighton didnt look too bad in terms of actual people there, and everyone was on their feet the whole time so it seemed ok. Certainly not packed, but not that bad either.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 19th December 2022, 08:29 AM
Post #196
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

Emma is a very very rich woman she could easily take the hit on a couple of half sold tour dates. She would make plenty back on the merch (£5 for a candy cane that is a 20p candy cane on a piece of printed cardboard).

She loves to perform and I'm sure was absolutely gutted to cancel shows.

She will probably be the same in London as with Brighton, struggle through it but obviously know it is the last date so if she feels like shit after it Tuesday she can get back to bed.

+Quote this post
Matttttt
post 19th December 2022, 10:51 PM
Post #197
Group icon
New Entry
User: 67,132

She performed Stop with Mel C tonight.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post 19th December 2022, 11:02 PM
Post #198
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Nice! Glad Mel C did it!! I do wonder if Mel B would have done it in York though... she was around then. And if that had happened, Emma would have had technically all her current band mates in attendance...

I did wonder why Gerita didn't jump on stage at least once in Brighton...

ANYWAY! YAY for Sporty and Baby wub.gif

+Quote this post
Matttttt
post 20th December 2022, 12:55 AM
Post #199
Group icon
New Entry
User: 67,132

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 20th December 2022, 01:01 AM
Post #200
Group icon

The “Christmas Wrapping”, “Hey You (Free Up Your Mind)” & “I Know Him So Well” chanteuses are back together at long last cheeseblock.png The ultimate spicy duo cheeseblock.png

+Quote this post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 03:49 PM