BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Misha B calls out racism on The X Factor
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tombo
post Jun 14 2020, 08:31 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
omg misha b is spilling x factor tea on instagram, she is dragging kitty brucknell to filth

She is talkiing about racial discrimination that she faced on the show.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mack.
post Jun 14 2020, 08:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915
QUOTE(Tombo @ Jun 14 2020, 09:31 PM) *
omg misha b is spilling x factor tea on instagram, she is dragging kitty brucknell to filth

She is talkiing about racial discrimination that she faced on the show.

Any links to this at all?

+Quote this post
Tombo
post Jun 14 2020, 09:01 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,543
QUOTE(Mack. @ Jun 14 2020, 09:32 PM) *
Any links to this at all?

Yeah sure: https://www.instagram.com/iammisha_b/

It is quite upsetting what she has been through really. She develoepd PTSD and has gone through 8 years of therapy since being on the show

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post Jun 14 2020, 09:04 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179
Watched it from the start and it's honestly disgusting she went through and what they done to her on the show. I'm so glad she's speaking out and speaking her truth !

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: Jun 14 2020, 09:04 PM

+Quote this post
Soapsfan20
post Jun 14 2020, 09:14 PM
Post #5
Group icon
New Entry
User: 96,699
My heart broke for her . I remember watching it when I was young and being so angered on how it played out on TV and it wasn’t even the worst of it of what we saw . Tulisa/Louis/Kitty Brucknell and the producers of the show should be ashamed of themselves . Also Janet Devlin was in the live and even pretty much backed up her story.

This post has been edited by Soapsfan20: Jun 14 2020, 10:11 PM

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post Jun 14 2020, 09:18 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
The live has been saved for anyone that missed it

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBbhZsLj-MT/

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: Jun 14 2020, 09:37 PM

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Jun 14 2020, 09:42 PM
Post #7
Group icon
User: 13,007
Have always been a fan of her. One of the most talented stars to come from the show and responsible for the best music too in Do You Think of Me?

What she went through was disgraceful. I am so happy she has finally spoken out!

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Jun 14 2020, 10:05 PM
Post #8
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
Here’s to everything deserved better too

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jun 14 2020, 10:15 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
This is so heartbreaking to hear sad.gif I remember her constantly being branded a bully and overconfident in the papers and slightly buying into it as a naïve 14 year old at the time. It didn't really affect my opinion of her as a performer, I still thought she was great, but the fact that these repetitive headlines made me question whether there was truth to this shows the manipulative power that the show had. I feel so bad looking back and can now clearly see how disgusting her treatment was on the show.

Shame on everyone involved.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Jun 15 2020, 12:34 AM
Post #10
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
So happy she’s seemingly in a much better place- that was a heartbreaking watch but couldn’t stop watching because was so appalled by her treatment

Do You Think Of Me will forever be a beautiful number

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Jun 15 2020, 12:43 AM
Post #11
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Watching the clips back of the comments that Misha specifically referred too and it's... really obvious? Down to Louis misguided "you are the next...", to Tulisa's face looking like it really pained her to give her the compliments in such a back handed way, down to Kelly's reaction towards Tulisa as she's saying it...

What I got from this live was that Tulisa instigated it all and had it planted that Misha was saying all these things about the contestants, to drive the bullying narrative... I naively and stupidly bought in to it all too (although she was never a fave of mine!) and I feel so ashamed and stupid.

Cowell's shows are clearly TRASH - this and Gabrielle Union's treatment on America's Got Talent... I am confident they aren't the only situations.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jun 15 2020, 12:46 AM
Post #12
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

I was literally 8 at the time but I vaguely remember the whole thing and I feel so heartbroken for Misha. I watched the video of her singing Purple Rain and she should've been such a huge star.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 15 2020, 01:03 AM
Post #13
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
Really upsetting to see, at the time it seemed very odd but I think everyone just believed it, of course the confident black woman is easy to paint as a bully! I always suspected there were bits and pieces going on we didn't know about, and in a sad way this doesn't surprise me. She really was one of the most talented people ever on the show though and deserved SO much more than to have this dark cloud hanging over her time on the show.

It's so powerful for her to speak up as well in the wake of how the world is right now, all these ostensibly small things like Louis Walsh's "you're the next ____" comments, they build up to symbolise the inherent challenges faced by black people in society trying to succeed. Like Leigh-Anne from Little Mix said in her video, having to work harder just to overcome what people will think instantly because of a skin colour, the stereotypes that stifle and oppress. I feel like Misha was determined and driven, and she was striving to be confident and believe in herself to manifest that she could win and because that didn't play into the drama that the producers so wanted, she was dragged in as the angry black woman stereotype. A talented woman like her truly deserved the success, not to be dragged into that shit and they would never have done that to a white woman with the same confidence. It's all these stereotypes and being dogged by certain labels and assumptions that particularly I feel black women face on reality TV, it was always a problem on Big Brother and even recently on Love Island, you had Leanne and particularly Yewnade getting a rough deal.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Jun 15 2020, 01:08 AM
Post #14
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 15 2020, 02:03 AM) *
Really upsetting to see, at the time it seemed very odd but I think everyone just believed it, of course the confident black woman is easy to paint as a bully! I always suspected there were bits and pieces going on we didn't know about, and in a sad way this doesn't surprise me. She really was one of the most talented people ever on the show though and deserved SO much more than to have this dark cloud hanging over her time on the show.

It's so powerful for her to speak up as well in the wake of how the world is right now, all these ostensibly small things like Louis Walsh's "you're the next ____" comments, they build up to symbolise the inherent challenges faced by black people in society trying to succeed. Like Leigh-Anne from Little Mix said in her video, having to work harder just to overcome what people will think instantly because of a skin colour, the stereotypes that stifle and oppress. I feel like Misha was determined and driven, and she was striving to be confident and believe in herself to manifest that she could win and because that didn't play into the drama that the producers so wanted, she was dragged in as the angry black woman stereotype. A talented woman like her truly deserved the success, not to be dragged into that shit and they would never have done that to a white woman with the same confidence. It's all these stereotypes and being dogged by certain labels and assumptions that particularly I feel black women face on reality TV, it was always a problem on Big Brother and even recently on Love Island, you had Leanne and particularly Yewnade getting a rough deal.

Yeah there's subtle things, something I didn't really think of at the time but that has come into my head recently is that in Love Island 2018, Alex couldn't get a partner and there was almost this national campaign of sympathy to him, but Samira was right next to him without a partner herself for most of it and no one cared. People rooted for the white male over the black woman even though they had the same circumstances.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post Jun 15 2020, 01:19 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
QUOTE(Andrew. @ Jun 15 2020, 02:08 AM) *
Yeah there's subtle things, something I didn't really think of at the time but that has come into my head recently is that in Love Island 2018, Alex couldn't get a partner and there was almost this national campaign of sympathy to him, but Samira was right next to him without a partner herself for most of it and no one cared. People rooted for the white male over the black woman even though they had the same circumstances.

Exactly! And it was always Samira's fault for being unapproachable or cold or whatever just because she wasn't the same as all the Fiat 500 Twitter white girls who would fall at a guy's feet for saying she was decent looking and making her toast in the morning

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post Jun 15 2020, 01:24 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Kitty apparently went on live and didn’t save it (shock) but she was basically just trying to shift the blame on to the Little Mix girls and the producers and not owning up to any of her actions and was trying to make out Misha was lying. She also put on the fake water works and was deflecting the whole time . So disgusting and shameless ! .

https://thatgrapejuice.net/2020/06/kitty-br...-sabotage-plot/

Kitty Brucknell, one of the characters accused of derailing Misha B’s run on the ‘X Factor’, says that she does not want to address the allegations she is facing because she is terrified of one of the show’s bosses.

Full story below…

Misha detailed her experience on the show in an Instagram Live session hours ago and revealed that Kitty Brucknell, Louis Walsh and the Pop princess Tulisa were just three of the players in a plot designed to derail her chances of winning the show.

Enraged, her fans swarmed Kitty’s Instagram page demanding answers. She launched her own Live session shortly after and stunned viewers with her side of the story.

For, she claims that Little Mix encouraged her to launch an official complaint against Misha and suggested that the band’s members were keen to see B eliminated from the competition.
Then, after accusing the entertainer of fabricating her claims of bullying, she explained that she is unwilling to speak openly about her experiences on the show because she is terrified of Simon Cowell.

She declined to explain why when she was asked to elaborate, but briefly cited an incident she said took place during the show’s supporting tour and told viewers that she hoped to contact judge Louis Walsh before releasing an official statement.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jun 15 2020, 01:28 AM
Post #17
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
I watched Misha's Live video and it's just heartbreaking what she went through, and how it understandably had a major impact on her mental health for years. I'm so glad for her that she's speaking out, and that she feels like a weight has been lifted. There's simply no excuse for the way she was treated. Everyone involved in trying to stir up a fake drama for headlines, at Misha's expense... they should be so ashamed.

I thought at the time that there was something quite off about Louis and Tulisa bringing up supposed backstage happenings, instead of just critiquing her performance. Not only was it unprofessional of them but also incredibly manipulative. It painted Misha B in a bad light, despite the fact that there was no proof. However a lot of the public certainly bought into the narrative, regardless.

The microaggression from Tulisa in the footage is so clear to see. It seems like Kelly clocked exactly what was happening in that moment as well.

The "angry" & "overconfident" black girl stereotype is certainly racism. While it's not as overt as slurs, it's clearly incredibly harmful. Keisha Buchanan from the Sugababes has also spoken out about these stereotypes in her recent YouTube video, which she experienced throughout her time in the group and beyond. It's worth watching:

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jun 15 2020, 01:32 AM
Post #18
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Misha's livestream was heartbreaking. Even at the age of 14, watching those comments from Tulisa and Louis angered me. I only ever saw Misha as being supremely talented - one of the best contestants that show has ever seen - and never really considered whether the bullying accusations were true or not. I wish I knew it was rooted in racism, because it's even more disgusting to watch the video now. Kelly's response is everything, and perhaps it goes some way to explain why she didn't return for a second series? Props to Gary for not taking it either.

I'm so glad she's spoken out about this, and her struggles as a result. I've watched X Factor from the start and I've loved it, and while I knew there was some level of production influence, the fact they set up a black woman to be painted as a bully really casts a horrible light over it. I'd love to hear what Tulisa and Louis have to say (though I expect they'd deflect just as much as fame-hungry Kitty did above)

+Quote this post
Soapsfan20
post Jun 15 2020, 01:49 AM
Post #19
Group icon
New Entry
User: 96,699
QUOTE(troylovesmusic @ Jun 15 2020, 02:24 AM) *
Kitty apparently went on live and didn’t save it (shock) but she was basically just trying to shift the blame on to the Little Mix girls and the producers and not owning up to any of her actions and was trying to make out Misha was lying. She also put on the fake water works and was deflecting the whole time . So disgusting and shameless ! .

https://thatgrapejuice.net/2020/06/kitty-br...-sabotage-plot/
Kitty Brucknell, one of the characters accused of derailing Misha B’s run on the ‘X Factor’, says that she does not want to address the allegations she is facing because she is terrified of one of the show’s bosses.

Full story below…
Misha detailed her experience on the show in an Instagram Live session hours ago and revealed that Kitty Brucknell, Louis Walsh and the Pop princess Tulisa were just three of the players in a plot designed to derail her chances of winning the show.

Enraged, her fans swarmed Kitty’s Instagram page demanding answers. She launched her own Live session shortly after and stunned viewers with her side of the story.

For, she claims that Little Mix encouraged her to launch an official complaint against Misha and suggested that the band’s members were keen to see B eliminated from the competition.
Then, after accusing the entertainer of fabricating her claims of bullying, she explained that she is unwilling to speak openly about her experiences on the show because she is terrified of Simon Cowell.

She declined to explain why when she was asked to elaborate, but briefly cited an incident she said took place during the show’s supporting tour and told viewers that she hoped to contact judge Louis Walsh before releasing an official statement.
Here's a little clip of it on twitter it's quite clear to me from even this small clip she's lying imo

+Quote this post
vibe
post Jun 15 2020, 07:50 AM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
The BBC did the same on the voice when Cleopatra returned !!!

+Quote this post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:25 AM