BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> JoJo - JoJo, The High Road, Demonstrate and Disaster (2018)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 27th December 2018, 01:01 AM
Post #21
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Jack @ Dec 24 2018, 08:37 PM) *
'The High Road', her second album you will love!

'Coming For You', 'Let It Rain', 'The High Road', 'Like That' and the two singles are all amazing.
I'm gonna listen to it tomorrow! biggrin.gif Excited to hear them tbh. I like majority of her singles. I adore TLTL & HTTAG as well as 'The Other Chick'. So sad that's not been re-recorded sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 28th December 2018, 11:38 AM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

'the high road' was my teenager album tbh... hearing it all these years later is like being on a weird, trippy, throwback.

+Quote this post
Riser
post 29th December 2018, 05:53 AM
Post #23
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Finally giving these a listen and I'm so happy to hear these new recordings. Been playing just the singles so far but even some of those are new discoveries for me. 'Anything' is such a banger, can't believe it passed me by until now! Also forgot how much I like 'Demonstrate' wub.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 5th August 2021, 06:13 PM
Post #24
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Blackground is set to re-release her original two albums on download/streaming and reissued physicals:

'JoJo'
https://blackgroundrecords.net/shop/jojo/jojo
CD/Download - 24th September 2021
Vinyl - June 2022

'The High Road'
https://blackgroundrecords.net/shop/jojo/thehighroad
CD/Download - 24th September 2021
Vinyl - June 2022

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post 5th August 2021, 06:19 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209

Oh well if it doesn’t support her I won’t be buying or streaming them

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 6th August 2021, 11:51 AM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 22,008

So messy. I can’t believe Spotify are promoting Blackground considering the artists (and Aaliyah’s family) are so against it… really seems like bad publicity for them but I guess most people don’t care about the morality of it :/

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 6th August 2021, 12:22 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

I’ll probably stream the singles as the re-recording were pretty awful..

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 6th August 2021, 03:10 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Billy. @ Aug 6 2021, 01:22 PM) *
I’ll probably stream the singles as the re-recording were pretty awful..

JoJo doesn’t have the budget Taylor had to work with the same producers and make it sound exactly like the original, as well as the fact that she was a kid when she released those albums so of course her voice will have changed

+Quote this post
Neil
post 6th August 2021, 03:36 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 9,016

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Aug 6 2021, 12:51 PM) *
So messy. I can’t believe Spotify are promoting Blackground considering the artists (and Aaliyah’s family) are so against it… really seems like bad publicity for them but I guess most people don’t care about the morality of it :/

I'm a bit confused by this whole situation but it seems that not all the artists are against it. Ashley Parker Angel has been retweeting lots of promo about his album becoming available again, for example.

Aaliyah's estate aren't happy with how it's worked out because of $$$ I assume? They had previously put out a statement last year saying they were working with record labels to put her music back on streaming...

Am quite looking forward to hearing some of the originals again, especially because JoJo didn't re-record I Can Take You There - I used to love that one.

+Quote this post
Billy.
post 6th August 2021, 04:42 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 10,095

QUOTE(No Sleeep @ Aug 6 2021, 04:10 PM) *
JoJo doesn’t have the budget Taylor had to work with the same producers and make it sound exactly like the original, as well as the fact that she was a kid when she released those albums so of course her voice will have changed

I understand that, but it doesn’t make them any better sadly! I love JoJo’s voice and when I saw her live her versions of TLTL/LGO were great too so it’s a shame it didn’t translate onto the re records.

+Quote this post
No Sleeep
post 6th August 2021, 05:27 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Neil @ Aug 6 2021, 04:36 PM) *
I'm a bit confused by this whole situation but it seems that not all the artists are against it. Ashley Parker Angel has been retweeting lots of promo about his album becoming available again, for example.

Aaliyah's estate aren't happy with how it's worked out because of $$$ I assume? They had previously put out a statement last year saying they were working with record labels to put her music back on streaming...

Am quite looking forward to hearing some of the originals again, especially because JoJo didn't re-record I Can Take You There - I used to love that one.

Blackground is just so shady and I don’t think we’ll ever really know what’s went on between Barry and Aaliyah’s family. I do feel like Aaliyah’s family need to accept that they don’t own her music and it needs to be out there for her legacy to survive and stop expecting Barry to suddenly develop a sense of morality.

To be fair, I’ve never heard of Ashley Parker Angel so I’d imagine he’s just happy to get his name out there again tongue.gif But with how it ended between JoJo and Blackground… they pretty much ruined her career for a decade and forced her to re-record those albums because they refused to put them out there for so long, so it’s understandable she’d be furious with them.

This just seems like the opposite of the Taylor situation so I’m shocked Spotify are celebrating it. It’s like that Taylor live album Big Machine threw together that sold about 20 copies - she was against it and it was just quietly put out there, thought the same thing would happen here. Spotify just look really insensitive.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 10th August 2021, 09:52 AM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

i wouldn't be surprised if blackground were to put up 'jumping trains' as a way of getting jojo fans on board.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 05:41 AM