BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
51 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> Barclays Premier League, 2015/2016 Season
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
ML Hammer95
post 16th June 2015, 01:29 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,265

The 2015/2016 season of the Barclays Premier League starts on Saturday 8th August 2015
  • Replacing the three releagted teams are AFC Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich City.
  • There have been close-season managerial changes at Newcastle United, Watford and West Ham United.

Premier League Winners Odds from bet365.com

Chelsea - 6/4
Manchester City - 11/4
Arsenal - 9/2
Manchester United - 5/1
Liverpool - 20/1
Tottenham Hotspur - 100/1
Southampton - 200/1
Everton - 250/1
Stoke City - 1000/1
Swansea City - 1500/1
West Ham United - 1500/1
Crystal Palace - 2000/1
Leicester City - 2000/1
West Bromwich Albion - 2000/1
Aston Villa - 2500/1
Newcastle United - 2500/1
Sunderland - 3000/1
AFC Bournemouth - 5000/1
Norwich City - 5000/1
Watford - 7500/1

Early predictions anybody? Let's hope the league is more interesting than last season was.

Fixtures released tomorrow morning at 9am.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 16th June 2015, 07:27 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Probably Chelsea fairly comfortably again. I'd like to see United have a much better start this time of course to at least provide some early season hope.

I'd say the top 4 will most likely be the same again unless Liverpool can pull off some huge transfers.

Relegation is, as ever, tricky to call. Bournemouth as much as I'd love to see them do well I feel might be punching above their weight a bit too much & lack the quality (like Burnley). I hope one or more of Villa, Newcastle & Sunderland go down.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 17th June 2015, 10:11 AM
Post #3
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Opening Fixtures:

Arsenal v West Ham United
Bournemouth v Aston Villa
Chelsea v Swansea City
Everton v Watford
Leicester City v Sunderland
Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur
Newcastle United v Southampton
Stoke City v Liverpool
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City

What do you make of the opening fixtures?

Here's a link to all the fixtures for the upcoming season:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fixtures

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 17th June 2015, 10:32 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Arsenal away is a killer first game ohmy.gif Although they often struggle at home early in the season, and we'll be an unknown quantity under Bilic and written off by most. Could be match-sharp from the Europa League too.

Gutted the last game of the season isn't at Upton Park (got Stoke away). Maine Road and Highbury were given last-day send offs so why couldn't Upton Park??

Swansea on the 7th May will be the last league match played at Upton Park. Gonna be an emotional day for sure, might try and steal my seat laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 17th June 2015, 06:43 PM
Post #5
Group icon

Leicester City have sacked three of their players following their part in a racist sex tape filmed on the tour of Thailand.

They have sacked Nigel Pearson's son James, Tom Hopper and Adam Smith following their disgusting behaviour.

Away from that:

I'm looking forward to a intriguing opening fixture with Tottenham Hotspur. That should be a good game hopefully.

October could be a interesting month for us with Arsenal away, Everton away and the Manchester Derby at home depending whether we can win the title.

November should be simple with West Brom, Watford and Leicester (if we don't have a repeat of last year's game)

Final three fixtures with Leicester at home, Norwich away and Bournemouth at home should be routine.

+Quote this post
Houdini
post 17th June 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 21,725

Hopefully Manchester United will win the title this season but realistically the blue ribbons of Chelsea will probably stay on the trophy at the end of the season.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 17th June 2015, 08:11 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Bournemouth have an intriguing fixture list. In August, they visit Liverpool, but their other fixtures are Aston Villa and Leicester at home, West Ham away. If they end the month in the bottom three, it won't be looking good even at that early stage.

December is awful, Chelsea and Arsenal away, Man U at home, plus two less awkward fixtures.

They need to be outside the bottom three with five games to go - three of those games are Liverpool and Chelsea at home, plus Man U away.

Last season, they generally responded well to bad results. Next season, they will need to continue that!

+Quote this post
bajitha
post 18th June 2015, 01:33 PM
Post #8
Group icon
New Entry
User: 21,997

They have sacked Nigel Pearson's son James, Tom Hopper and Adam Smith following their disgusting behaviour.

Away from that:

I'm looking forward to a intriguing opening fixture with Tottenham Hotspur. That should be a good game hopefully.

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 18th June 2015, 07:08 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I think Bournemouth could thrive next season... progressive manager and team largely written off. Has strong Swansea vibes, but with lesser infrastructure. Local rivals Portsmouth's first ever Premier League game was a 2-1 home win over Villa in 2003. What price a repeat?

Hope Watford and Norwich can stay up too. Some teams are ripe for relegation and their demise would referesh the league. Looking at Sunderland, Aston Villa, Newcastle even West Brom.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 18th June 2015, 07:18 PM
Post #10
Group icon

QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ Jun 18 2015, 08:08 PM) *
I think Bournemouth could thrive next season... progressive manager and team largely written off. Has strong Swansea vibes, but with lesser infrastructure. Local rivals Portsmouth's first ever Premier League game was a 2-1 home win over Villa in 2003. What price a repeat?

Hope Watford and Norwich can stay up too. Some teams are ripe for relegation and their demise would referesh the league. Looking at Sunderland, Aston Villa, Newcastle even West Brom.

The price for a repeat of that scoreline would be 10/1 with William Hill.

Definitely think that Sunderland, Aston Villa and Newcastle possibly Leicester City amongst the contenders with the three promoted teams for relegation.

+Quote this post
Soy Adrián
post 18th June 2015, 07:54 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
User: 10,596

QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ Jun 17 2015, 11:32 AM) *
Gutted the last game of the season isn't at Upton Park (got Stoke away). Maine Road and Highbury were given last-day send offs so why couldn't Upton Park??

Swansea on the 7th May will be the last league match played at Upton Park. Gonna be an emotional day for sure, might try and steal my seat laugh.gif

Apparently we asked to have our last game away as there's going to be a documentary on the Boleyn Ground on the day of its final game and that wouldn't be possible on the last day.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 18th June 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ Jun 18 2015, 08:08 PM) *

Calling Pompey "local rivals" is a bit of a stretch. Not only are they more than 50 miles apart, they have only played each other in the league 16 times.

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 18th June 2015, 08:06 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Soy Adrián @ Jun 18 2015, 08:54 PM) *
Apparently we asked to have our last game away as there's going to be a documentary on the Boleyn Ground on the day of its final game and that wouldn't be possible on the last day.

I've heard that as well, canny thinking from Gold and Sullivan. I think that the Swansea game will definitely be televised and probably moved to a Sunday or Monday. That Stoke away match is gonna be a massive anti-climax (unless we're in a relegation battle!). Will be such an emotional day.

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jun 18 2015, 08:56 PM) *
Calling Pompey "local rivals" is a bit of a stretch. Not only are they more than 50 miles apart, they have only played each other in the league 16 times.

laugh.gif Fair enough. Both South Coast clubs making their debut in the Premier League against an established team like Villa. Both had charismatic managers, won the Second tier and a ramshackle ground, that's the comparison I was going for!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 18th June 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #14
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Man U has got a beauty of a final 5 fixtures list. If it's close at the end for the title that'll swing in our favour. The last 3 games should be an easy 9 points for us.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 18th June 2015, 10:42 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(ML Hammer95 @ Jun 18 2015, 09:06 PM) *
I've heard that as well, canny thinking from Gold and Sullivan. I think that the Swansea game will definitely be televised and probably moved to a Sunday or Monday. That Stoke away match is gonna be a massive anti-climax (unless we're in a relegation battle!). Will be such an emotional day.
laugh.gif Fair enough. Both South Coast clubs making their debut in the Premier League against an established team like Villa. Both had charismatic managers, won the Second tier and a ramshackle ground, that's the comparison I was going for!

Dean Court (or whatever it's called this week) is small, but it's not ramshackle any more. It's certainly a better ground than Fratton Park laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 30th June 2015, 07:26 PM
Post #16
Group icon

Leicester City have sacked their manager, Nigel Pearson after three and a half years in charge. He has been sacked due to the working relationship between him and the board being no longer viable.

It probably did have something to do with his son being sacked from the club following his behaviour in Thailand.

I can see Leicester City going down probably with Pearson gone.

Who do you think will replace him and what do you make of his departure?

+Quote this post
ML Hammer95
post 30th June 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Understand why Leicester have got rid of him, but why now and not back in May? At least then, they could have concentrated on getting a new manager without disrupting their transfer plans. Unless they've got a man lined up of course.

Their escape last season was great to see, especially the way they just attacked teams in the run-in. I think they'll be down there again next year, but they should keep this blueprint. Prefer them staying up than the Sunderland/Villa/Newcastle type of team.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 30th June 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #18
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

You would guess that the sacking probably has something to do with his son, that's the only reason I can think of. Massive screw up though, with pre-season starting in the next week. I'm interested to see who they might get on board...

+Quote this post
Steve201
post 2nd July 2015, 10:28 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Shakin Stevens
User: 5,138

He was just a pompous PE teacher surprised he didn't have a whistle round his neck with that stupid track suit he wore!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 3rd July 2015, 07:22 PM
Post #20
Group icon

Aston Villa's first home game against Man United will be played on a Friday night because of a English Defence League protest on the Saturday and Man Utd playing a Champions League qualifier.

The Premier League have said this is to be a one-off for the season.

Topic closed- Reached the 50-page limit.

+Quote this post

51 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 03:35 AM