BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Norway (Melodi Grand Prix) · Eurovision Song Contest 2024, Gåte - Ulveham
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
uhsting
post 27th January 2024, 08:08 PM
Post #41
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH
Pronouns: he/they
User: 77,363

Not the last 3 in the RO qualifying again rotf.gif

MIIA devoured though the autotune is doing a lot here kink.gif

Not feeling the camp in KEiiNO's performance though. I'm still firmly #TeamGåte though happy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 27th January 2024, 08:27 PM
Post #42
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Mer ROBBED sad.gif

+Quote this post
Lee_J11
post 27th January 2024, 11:39 PM
Post #43
Group icon
You can call me Manboy
User: 488

Rather late to the party but Mileo was truly ROBBED wtf

Anyway, rooting for KEiiNO seeing as the performance for My AI was all kinds of dreadful. Anyone but Gåte at this point.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 28th January 2024, 10:06 AM
Post #44
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

this feels a bit fishy ngl nocheer.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 28th January 2024, 01:01 PM
Post #45
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Similar happened to Shum when that won Vibidir, I can’t remember if that was after it won and it had to change for Eurovision though which is fair enough. It does seem a bit dodgy to me to change it *during* the competition because of Eurovision rules. The song should win as it is and then if it needs to change for Eurovision, then they revamp as many songs do.

I think Damdiggida could win either way though, I’d be happy with either but I think Ulveham would such a moment to see at Eurovision!

+Quote this post
Jerick
post 29th January 2024, 01:32 PM
Post #46
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 6,716

It's the heard calling in the begining of the song, see Kulning on wikipedia. The article says it's already been approved by the EBU, but NRK want it changed for MGP anyway.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 29th January 2024, 01:50 PM
Post #47
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jan 28 2024, 02:01 PM) *
Similar happened to Shum when that won Vibidir, I can’t remember if that was after it won and it had to change for Eurovision though which is fair enough. It does seem a bit dodgy to me to change it *during* the competition because of Eurovision rules. The song should win as it is and then if it needs to change for Eurovision, then they revamp as many songs do.

I think Damdiggida could win either way though, I’d be happy with either but I think Ulveham would such a moment to see at Eurovision!

Shum was selected directly that year coz of the Rona stoping Solovey, but you’re bang on that it was changed after the fact. The original Shum was also a minute longer than the ESC version/ESC rules

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 2nd February 2024, 08:38 PM
Post #48
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

I am SO in love with Damdiggida. I know people are disappointed but I think it’s a great switch up in their sound whilst still sounding loyal to their brand at the same time. A fantastic final on the whole though - not sure if this is a popular song but Judge Tenderly Of Me is so gorgeous too. Subtle stunner.

Reached to them all below on my channel if anyone cares (not gonna do this in all 37 threads and be unbearable but I guess this is a larger one to discuss!)

KEiiNO to win but expecting it to be Gate, and would be happy with that. My AI is… jarring as a person called Rob but undeniably so infectious. Hope it doesn’t win though so soon after Subwoolfer, think it just gives off a bad impression of such a great Eurovision nation.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 2nd February 2024, 09:27 PM
Post #49
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

QUOTE(RobBot @ Feb 2 2024, 08:38 PM) *
Reached to them all below on my channel if anyone cares (not gonna do this in all 37 threads and be unbearable but I guess this is a larger one to discuss!)

Ohhh will be watchings x You're more than welcome to drop your thoughts on every single NS wub.gif

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 2nd February 2024, 09:47 PM
Post #50
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Judge Tenderly Of Me is quite nice but a bit too Common Linnets for me to want that from Norway. Though definitely rather that over 'My AI' - though you're right Rob, it's hard to pretend it isn't catchy (good to drop your thoughts, I listened to a bit of it to see what you thought on the notable songs), I just don't want that sort of sound too often from Norway when they're too good at the seriously good music.

I'm still mostly team 'Ulveham' for tomorrow. I'd happily take KEiiNO as a second choice but would feel quite bittersweet over their best MGP entry not being a Eurovision one if they are selected. 'We Come Alive', 'Oblivion' and 'Eya' would also be good entries.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 2nd February 2024, 11:36 PM
Post #51
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I love Damdiggida too, it’s grown on me a lot and I think whichever of that or Ulveham don’t win it will feel like such a loss to not have either one on the Eurovision stage. I won’t even think about the possibility of them both losing to My AI… I agree Monument should have been their ESC comeback but it’s hard to deny this is brilliant too.

QUOTE(Silas @ Jan 29 2024, 01:50 PM) *
Shum was selected directly that year coz of the Rona stoping Solovey, but you’re bang on that it was changed after the fact. The original Shum was also a minute longer than the ESC version/ESC rules

Oh yeah I completely forgot about that being 2021 for some reason for a sec! That’s even weirder that Ulveham was made to change before it being a matter of a Eurovision rule, if it was a problem then NRK should have said from the start and it could have been retooled before anyone even heard the songs.

However it doesn’t actually sound any different (it maybe does to Norwegian speakers but I still doubt it would ruin anyone’s enjoyment if they already liked the song), so it’s fine and I don’t think it will impact the song’s chance of winning.

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 2nd February 2024, 11:55 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

I could see Keiino finishing top 5 if they qualify. It’s definitely an ear worm.

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 3rd February 2024, 04:32 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

The keiino track had grown on me a lot and could come across even better on the big stage. I prefer this to monument.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 3rd February 2024, 06:53 PM
Post #54
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

Jumping to watch this now cheer.gif

#TeamGåte

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 3rd February 2024, 07:07 PM
Post #55
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

That's a consistent performance for KEiiNO wub.gif

The song is a FLOP though wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 3rd February 2024, 07:12 PM
Post #56
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

It's a strong performance from Annprincess, though it's not as gimmicky as Damdiggida, poor her sad.gif

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 3rd February 2024, 07:19 PM
Post #57
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

ohhhhh Gothminister is greatttt

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 3rd February 2024, 07:27 PM
Post #58
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

I think Eya improved on the semi performance yaurrrr

we're not going to talk about the failed hair flip during the dance break sksksskkssksk

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 3rd February 2024, 07:29 PM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

I’m hoping it’s between KEiiNO and Gåte but I think Gåte have this in the bag.
Each performance so far has been a huge step up from the original performances as well.

+Quote this post
uhsting
post 3rd February 2024, 07:34 PM
Post #60
Group icon
CROWN THE WITCH

MIIA was vocally more robust in the semi but this is still a decent performance. Great to see we have no bad performances so far w00t.gif

+Quote this post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 1st June 2024, 10:22 PM