BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Luca • Pixar, Summer 2021
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
WhoOdyssey
post Jul 30 2020, 08:51 PM
Post #1
Group icon
A dead mouse (from my cat)
User: 67,771
Pixar have announced their next movie after Soul, 'Luca' - directed by Enrico Casarosa (previously known for directing short La Luna and head of story on The Incredibles 2) - I'm liking the look of the concept art and the story looks fun, but there's not much to go on right now of course laugh.gif

My only minor gripe is that I wish Pixar (and Disney in general) would stop using single words as titles so much! Though it's good to see another feature debut launching hopefully the next generation of Pixar directors now the originals are getting older.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Feb 24 2021, 02:12 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Trailer coming tomorrow!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 24 2021, 02:21 PM
Post #3
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Excellent!

Very excited for this. I get major "If Disney was to give us 'Call Me By Your Name'." teas with this. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
WhoOdyssey
post Mar 24 2021, 08:11 AM
Post #4
Group icon
It will now be a Disney+ release worldwide on June 18th, not sure how I feel about it!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 24 2021, 02:32 PM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
I'm gutted tbh. I think this would have looked stunning on the cinema screen </3

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Mar 24 2021, 03:30 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Yeah this is the move that has really really pissed me off. cry.gif

Just when we we're looking good again with cinema with the Warner Bros/Cinema news, Disney go put the main Pixar offering exclusively for streaming gah cry.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Aug 14 2021, 07:40 AM
Post #7
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217
I watched this a couple of days ago and found it to be really fun and adorable wub.gif heart.gif cry.gif

The queer subtext is definitely prevalent throughout (which apparently wasn't intended by Pixar - on the surface it's about friendship) but nevertheless I could really relate to it in that context. Hiding your true self, wanting to belong and feel accepted, but feeling too fearful to show who you are because of being shunned by society. And this particular quote actually made me cry because it's just so true... I'll put it in spoiler tags in case you've not seen the movie. “Some people, they’ll never accept him. But some will. And he seems to know how to find the good ones.” - that really tugged on my heart strings, I think it's a beautiful message. I have to say there were a couple of other moments that made me tearful too, I guess I was feeling quite emotional kink.gif )

If you haven't seen it yet, please do... and has anyone watched it already?

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:30 AM