BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
100 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> DISCO ● 15th Studio Album
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
pippa
post Feb 25 2020, 04:51 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
I would welcome working with Calvin Harris again.
I am on the fence about Mark Ronson.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
adancing
post Feb 25 2020, 10:22 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 9,437
I hope sky adams ups his game this time with better production and a different sound, look at Dua Lipa's sound and direction at the moment, look at the weeknd 80s feel, build on that disco dance 90s 80s sound and produce us some smash hit songs Kylie, come on!!!

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Feb 26 2020, 12:04 AM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
I get the vibe you are saying and it's a vibe that would suit kylie.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Feb 26 2020, 12:06 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
QUOTE(adancing @ Feb 25 2020, 10:22 PM) *
I hope sky adams ups his game this time with better production and a different sound, look at Dua Lipa's sound and direction at the moment, look at the weeknd 80s feel, build on that disco dance 90s 80s sound and produce us some smash hit songs Kylie, come on!!!

Let’s be realistic. Kylie is unlikely to have another big hit.
There was nothing wrong with the last material sky adams produced. Remember Kylie is of a different era to Dua Lipa and the Weeknd. I’d rather Kylie stay true to herself than just releasing something to fit in with the current market. She has tried that before and it didn’t work. Golden was successful because she created her own style and didn’t follow a set trend.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Feb 26 2020, 12:08 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
The days of big hits are over but that doesn't stop her making good solid albums just like she did with golden.

+Quote this post
SmileyKylie
post Feb 26 2020, 01:41 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,515
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/02/26/pop-s...the-studio.html

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Feb 26 2020, 02:53 PM
Post #27
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
Videos from the interview are up on YouTube:

Looks like we're still in the early stages of recording, so I think it'll be 2021 that we'll see an album too. I'm happy with that though - it may be about 3 years since Golden by that point but it doesn't actually feel like it was long ago at all and Step Back in Time helped keep Kylie in the public consciousness. I'm really excited to see how a new album will perform with all that momentum and good-will from the last few years behind it.

(combined the two threads so that we can keep all news in one space)

+Quote this post
pippa
post Feb 26 2020, 04:54 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
It is welcoming to know the work has started on the album.
The likely release date is realistically 2021.
Step Back in Time came at the right time to keep the Kylie momentun going.
As a result, it doesnt feel like a long wait for a new release.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Feb 28 2020, 01:30 AM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Even if its next year the wait wont seem long. Also means another tour which would also give sbit a sales lift.

+Quote this post
aeroco
post Feb 28 2020, 02:27 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 2,392
Fingers crossed for Q4 2020, or at least a cheeky bonus single or two.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Feb 28 2020, 05:58 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I would prefer a release outside Q4.
Kylie and her team seem to be aiming at Gold selling albums which is very achievable which she has shown with both Step Back in Time and Golden.
I think Kylie has a better chance of securing another Number 1 if released outside Q4.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Feb 28 2020, 07:27 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I think Kylie would do well with a September release - not too much of a competitive market and has time to establish itself ahead of Christmas. It's probably too soon for her to release an album this year so I'm fully expecting another Spring release next year, but I'm happy with that. BMG have proven that they can manage long album campaigns and achieve consistent sales through the year.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Feb 28 2020, 08:03 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
September would be a good time as if she promoted later in the release she would pick up some of the Q4 sales on the back of a possible number 1 album.

+Quote this post
adancing
post Feb 28 2020, 11:23 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
QUOTE(slowdown73 @ Feb 26 2020, 04:06 AM) *
Let’s be realistic. Kylie is unlikely to have another big hit.
There was nothing wrong with the last material sky adams produced. Remember Kylie is of a different era to Dua Lipa and the Weeknd. I’d rather Kylie stay true to herself than just releasing something to fit in with the current market. She has tried that before and it didn’t work. Golden was successful because she created her own style and didn’t follow a set trend.

Well Kylie's debut era was the 80s why not build on that sound and release some fresh en vogue material since it suits her voice and her roots anyway? If thats the current IN music, Gaga just released an 80s inspired single also so why not Kylie, its her sound before all these ladies were even born... I'm not asking the impossible, if she can have good songs and these songs don't become hits who cares, as long as its good material like Lost without you on the last album...
Dancing was not her own style, it was her own version of 'wake me up' a few years late... I don't see her doing any other sound now, she has to come out with what suits her voice and style best and it fits the current set trend.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Feb 29 2020, 02:30 AM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
I disagree about dancing g I thought it was very kylie with a modern sound.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post Feb 29 2020, 02:06 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
That's a pretty lazy comparison to say it's like 'Wake Me Up'. I'd say it felt like her, and what she authentically wanted to do at that moment.

A lot of fans want her to just be a robot that sticks to the same thing every time, and never deviates or tries anything different. It's not like she'll just do Golden part II next time anyway.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Feb 29 2020, 03:28 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Generally kylie never does the same sound twice on an album. Dancing felt very authentic and u think golden in general was very authentic and kept in the kylie tone.

+Quote this post
adancing
post Feb 29 2020, 11:14 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
I did not say i did not like dancing but its not a song I would consider a Kylie classic, I never feel I want to play or listen to the song, when I want to listen to a Kylie song I always go back to other songs and between the most recent ones I would play right here right now or lost without you 10 times over playing dancing... And Its not laziness if I always remember wake me up when I listen to dancing, it always reminds me of it sadly with dancing sounding underproduced.
Anyway the issue here is not about dancing and the Kylie country phase but I mean if we ask that we want a dance disco 80s inspired album, you say we ask of Kylie to repeat herself, so what? You want her to do what next? A metal album? Whenever someone asks that she releases something in the similar vain to her greatest and most loved hits, it becomes like a taboo or asking her to be a robot and repeat herself...
When she released All the lovers at the time many said that the song was too similar to I believe in you and follows the same Kylie sound but that was what the masses wanted and it became her biggest last hit since and its now considered a classic...

This post has been edited by adancing: Feb 29 2020, 11:15 PM

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Mar 1 2020, 03:01 AM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Kylie has mainly stuck to pop but comes up with different styles of pop and it works. I agree we are not looking for Kylie to go all metal on an album, but its about keeping it fresh which kylie manages most of the time. Dancing, i think is great and will have a huge place in the encores on future tours, i dont rate Dancing in the same classic status as All the lovers but its high on the list and its her best since all the lovers.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Mar 2 2020, 04:31 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Dancing was an excellent single and the sound suited Kylie brilliantly and this can be clearly seen when Kylie performs it.
Kylie needs to stay with a sound she is happy with, Golden was an album Kylie was happy with, it was slightly different to previous sounds but it also had Kylie all over it.
Golden, in large played to Kylie;s strengths.

+Quote this post

100 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:41 AM