BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It: Chapter One, new trailer!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Mar 29 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #1
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

The first trailer for the movie adaptation of Stephen King's epic horror 'It' has been released!
When children begin to disappear in the town of Derry, Maine, a group of young kids are faced with their biggest fears when they square off against an evil clown named Pennywise, whose history of murder and violence dates back for centuries. The film tells the story of seven children as they are terrorized by the eponymous being, which exploits the fears and phobias of its victims in order to disguise itself while hunting its prey.

TRAILER - http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/trailers/...remake-trailer/

The focus is very much on fears and both the book and the 1990 TV miniseries are often cited as some of the scariest things people have read/seen! The trailer looks both amazing and horrifying! It really looks like it could be a really good horror. I've only just started to read the book (and there's a lot of it lmao) but I'm very very hyped for this! I'm not normally scared of clowns but he really does look terrifying in the trailer and posters.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Mar 29 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #2
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

This looks genuinely amazing and terrifying! I really hope that translates well into the movie!

+Quote Post
Severin
post Mar 29 2017, 05:17 PM
Post #3
Mansonette
Group: Members
Member No.: 9,872
   No Gallery Pics

I'm hoping this will be good. I always felt the tv series had a disappointing 2nd half after a cracking beginning

+Quote Post
Chez Wombat
post Mar 29 2017, 05:30 PM
Post #4
The owls are not what they seem
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 9,232
   No Gallery Pics

Definitely interested as I enjoyed the TV series, but it certainly needs a modern update and I did love what I read of the book (even though I'm still not quite through the whole thing yet!)

Pennywise coming to give me nightmares though.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Mar 31 2017, 10:43 PM
Post #5
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Looks terrifyingly dark. Not for anyone who has nervous disposition.

+Quote Post
Jαsє
post Sep 6 2017, 10:41 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,043
   No Gallery Pics

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/it-movie/...g-horror-movie/

Early reviews are suggesting it's very, very good.

Seeing it on Sunday biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by jase.: Sep 6 2017, 06:41 PM

+Quote Post
Mikee1981
post Sep 7 2017, 03:51 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 5,484
   No Gallery Pics

I'm seeing it tomorrow night, I no idea why as I hate clowns so should be a fun evening for me lol

+Quote Post
PaulM1983
post Sep 7 2017, 11:59 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 6,471
   No Gallery Pics

Seeing this today. Can't wait! It's rocking an 89% score on Rotten Tomatoes after 139 critic reviews. I have high hopes.

+Quote Post
UltraCruelSummer
post Sep 8 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #9
It's a cruel summer.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

f*** me

11/10

+Quote Post
PaulM1983
post Sep 8 2017, 11:04 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

I've written a review for it, for a movie review/podcast site. Be grateful for some views and thoughts - http://www.outpost31podcast.com/news-and-reviews/it-2017

It was indeed very good. Not perfect, but I wasn't disappointed.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 8 2017, 11:08 PM
Post #11
c:
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(PaulM1983 @ Sep 9 2017, 12:04 AM) *
I've written a review for it, for a movie review/podcast site. Be grateful for some views and thoughts - http://www.outpost31podcast.com/news-and-reviews/it-2017

It was indeed very good. Not perfect, but I wasn't disappointed.

This was a really good read, thanks for sharing with us. Do you update this regularly with other film reviews? ohmy.gif

I'm not usually the biggest horror fan as I'm a bit of a scaredy cat but this one seems like a film that cannot be missed so I think I'm seeing it on Tuesday with some friends from work. Already preparing myself for sleepless nights for the next two weeks cry.gif

+Quote Post
PaulM1983
post Sep 8 2017, 11:21 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks! I don't run the site, they just ask me to review sometimes if I have seen a movie before one of them has. There's a whole archive of their reviews, so there will be one for all the big new releases. They're super passionate about movies, so the reviews are always a good read. Their podcasts are also very funny.

I've only reviewed It, Power Rangers and Colossal for them. You can see them by clicking on my name at the top of the review. I'm going to start doing a lot more for them from now on though.

I really hope you like it. I do think people who don't usually go for horror will find it very scary. But it's also genuinely, laugh out loud funny in parts. Honestly, those kids are bloody fantastic.

This post has been edited by PaulM1983: Sep 8 2017, 11:24 PM

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 8 2017, 11:24 PM
Post #13
c:
Member No.: 20,692

QUOTE(PaulM1983 @ Sep 9 2017, 12:21 AM) *
Thanks! I don't run the site, they just ask me to review sometimes if I have seen a movie before one of them has. There's a whole archive of their reviews, so there will be one for all the big new releases. They're super passionate about movies, so the reviews are always a good read. Their podcasts are also very funny.

I've only reviewed It, Power Rangers and Colossal for them. You can see them by clicking on my name at the top of the review. I'm going to start doing a lot more for them from now on though.

Ah, that's awesome stuff and congratulations on being asked to write a lot more for them! I'll check out your other reviews too then (I never got around to seeing Colossal unfortunately sad.gif). You write really eloquently, would definitely be interested in seeing more of your thoughts on movies around these parts of the forum!! wub.gif

+Quote Post
PaulM1983
post Sep 8 2017, 11:34 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

Ah thanks, that's nice of you to say. I love writing. I technically do it for a living, but writing about movies is much more interesting than what I do, so it's far more enjoyable.

I haven't posted that much recently, but will definitely try to get on more!

Oh and Colossal is worth a watch if you find the time. It totally flew under the radar, but it's a bit of a gem.

+Quote Post
post Sep 8 2017, 11:41 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

As a film it was great. Good character development, great plot, good pacing and I'm excited to see more. Strictly on a horror's standpoint it was pretty disappointing as they overcooked the 'scares', and it needed quite a bit more subtletly to be actually scary.

+Quote Post
PaulM1983
post Sep 9 2017, 12:03 AM
Post #16
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(White Mustang @ Sep 9 2017, 12:41 AM) *
As a film it was great. Good character development, great plot, good pacing and I'm excited to see more. Strictly on a horror's standpoint it was pretty disappointing as they overcooked the 'scares', and it needed quite a bit more subtletly to be actually scary.

I think that's fair. There were definitely moments where I thought, wow that was a lot. A more subtle approach would have worked wonders in some scenes and would have been infinitely scarier.

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Sep 9 2017, 04:08 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 2,666

this already smashed several opening records in US ohmy.gif

51 million opening in just a day and heading for 100+ million for a weekend sob.gif slay IT!!!

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Sep 10 2017, 01:24 AM
Post #18
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Would like to see this but the wife hates scary movies!!

+Quote Post
PaulM1983
post Sep 10 2017, 10:47 AM
Post #19
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

I knew it was going to do well but I definitely didn't expect an opening well north of $100 million. It's really amazing.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Sep 10 2017, 01:33 PM
Post #20
Shakin Stevens
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Think plenty of this generation watched the original and would have an interest in seeing a new version!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:29 PM