BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'My Pure Land' | 15th Sept, Based on a true story/female empowerment.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Sep 15 2017, 05:47 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Three women defend their home against a group of armed men who want to take it forcibly from them. Based on a true story.

I'm posting this coz, not only does it look genuinely brilliant, but one of my good friends is the directors sister and she wants me to spread the word about it as much as I can! Limited release but it's going to be the UK's entry for "Best Foreign Language Film" at the Oscars! Whether it'll make the shortlist or not, I don't know. But fingers crossed!

Basically trying to spread the word. I'm going with her and a group of work mates on Sunday to see it! Really excited. Please see it if you can and let me know what you all think!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 15 2017, 08:05 PM
Post #2
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

This does look really good, looks very intense and the excerpts in the trailer from reviews seem to back that up! The UK have only been nominated in Best Foreign Language Film TWICE since the award began 70 years ago so it would be great if this could be shortlisted or even properly nominated biggrin.gif

I know it will (likely) only get a very limited release but I'm definitely interested in seeing this now. Hopefully it will be available on iTunes or something later in the year?! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 19 2017, 06:43 PM
Post #3

Saw this the other night, very good! It's crazy to think stuff like this is actually still happens in some parts of the world. It had the right balance of drama, gun slinging and light comic relief. Some of the shots and cinematography were gorgeous. Very impressed. Obviously hoping it picks up at least a nomination! So, fingers crossed!

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 5 2020, 12:29 PM
Post #4

This was on Channel 4 the other night, so there is about 28 days left to view this on 4OD! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:12 PM