BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Nicola Roberts • General Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jordanlee
post 17th February 2020, 12:43 PM
Post #81
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I could see them doing another tour like the ten tour but this time around with no new material being promoted.

I’m the mean time though another solo album from Nicola pls. If she struck while the iron is hot fresh off the back of her Masked Singer win she could be onto a winner. She will have heaps of material I’d imagine as she is a writer and I honestly think it could be a genuine success on the albums chart as it’s really opened peoples eyes and shown what GA stans have known for years. She could easily get a top ten album I’d say tbh.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
schizo_spice
post 17th February 2020, 12:55 PM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,574

I think Sarah Harding is going to be the biggest stumbling block for a reunion as she hadn't been in the public eye for years now. I feel she isn't comfortable with fame and needs normality in her life to function well. The last reunion she clearly wasnt well at all and I cant see them putting her through that again. I know their 20 years anniversary is almost 3 years away and anything could happen but I just cant see it happening with Sarah.

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 17th February 2020, 01:54 PM
Post #83
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

I'd love if Nicola even dropped a covers EP, the demand is there.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 17th February 2020, 03:54 PM
Post #84
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

I think Sarah would do it as she also enjoys some of the fame and maybe if they did unite they would be uniting with their differences sorted which would help Sarah greatly. Steps had big issues within the band and they managed to sort it and had a successful comeback and really seem to genuinely get on now. Take That were another one who sorted the big issues and look at them now so there is hope for the girls. Its good that at various points various members are in the public eye.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 3rd February 2021, 12:35 PM
Post #85
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Returning to the Masked Singer as a guest panellist in the FINAL, airing 13th February!

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post 7th February 2021, 06:16 PM
Post #86
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Feb 3 2021, 12:35 PM) *
Returning to the Masked Singer as a guest panellist in the FINAL, airing 13th February!

And she kinda said she is releasing a song next week in her latest Instagram post!

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 20th February 2021, 07:54 PM
Post #87
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE(Hayzayy @ Feb 7 2021, 08:16 PM) *
And she kinda said she is releasing a song next week in her latest Instagram post!

Where is this song?

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 4th July 2021, 05:57 PM
Post #88
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 31st March 2022, 12:16 AM
Post #89
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

Nicola Roberts has tearfully revealed how she feels she's "lost a bit of herself" in the wake of Sarah Harding's death.

Former Girls Aloud star Nicola, 36, reveals she viewed her fellow former bandmate Sarah as a sister and is still grappling with the grief of losing her.

Sarah was just 39 when she passed away following her battle with breast cancer in September.

Six months on from Sarah's sad passing, Nicola has opened up on how she is still dealing with her grief on Laura Whitmore's podcast Hear Her Voice.

As Laura, 36, asked how Nicola was, she tearfully said: "I’m gonna cry."

Nicola later added how close she was with Sarah and her fellow bandmates Cheryl, Kimberley Walsh and Nadine Coyle.

"Even as sisters through birth, you don’t truly experience..." She said through tears. "I mean listen, like we went to the moon together. So… and somebody becomes such an extension of who you are.

"To then not have that person there… it’s just like you’ve lost a bit of yourself. It’s really s**t."

And when asked if she was regularly in touch with the other women from the band Nicola said: "Yeah, absolutely, 100 per cent. I mean, my God, there’s so much to say and unpack."

Nicola also gave a candid insight on how she deals with her grief alongside the remaining three band members as she explained: "Everybody deals with loss differently.

"I’m very much somebody who needs to process stuff by myself so I will just sort of go quiet and process it as much as I can alone. Some people might say that’s really unhealthy and some people need to just talk and talk and talk it out.

"I’m not one of them people because, it’s hard as well because, like I said earlier, only the other four know.

"So you’re talking to people who weren’t there. And they might ask a question which really infuriates you at the time because you think how can you not understand that? What perspective has that even come from?

"So I think it’s best to – unless I’m talking to the four girls, sorry, unless I’m talking to the other three girls – I just feel like I don’t need to talk about it to anyone else because they don’t get it."

https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/nicola-...-death-26591138

sad.gif

The podcast can be heard here, her interview begins at 23m05s: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5aMjR4tDEH...1d3fef20b624f87

When she realised she'd said four girls, and then corrected herself... that was heartbreaking sad.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 1st April 2022, 02:55 PM
Post #90
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530

The correction from 4 to 3 is a proper gut punch moment sad.gif

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 2nd April 2022, 05:30 PM
Post #91
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

Oh gosh the bit about 4 girls then correcting herself was awful to read that must be so hard for her too! 😓

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 4th April 2022, 01:30 PM
Post #92
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

QUOTE(spiceboy @ Apr 2 2022, 06:30 PM) *
Oh gosh the bit about 4 girls then correcting herself was awful to read that must be so hard for her too! 😓

That was hard to read about the 4, but in a sense its good as Sarah may not be here physically but always will be here in every other way and especially for the girls when they refer to the band.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 23rd June 2022, 05:52 PM
Post #93
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

Girls Aloud star Nicola Roberts is among the performers for Southern Comfort Pride in London, taking place on 2nd July 2022.

Other performers announced are DJ Raven Mandella and drag queens Taylor Trash and Soroya Marchelle.

For the event Southern Comfort is bringing the spirit of its hometown, New Orleans to the UK. Inspired by the renowned celebrations in New Orleans, where everyone is welcome and celebrated, Southern Comfort will bring an experience like no other to the heart of Soho, serving up the iconic slushie daiquiri.

The Southern Comfort slushie bar, inspired by the speakeasy style daquiri bars in Southern Comfort’s vibrant hometown of New Orleans, will be the place to be for Pride in London celebrations. Expect a delicious array of slushie cocktails including the iconic NOLA daquiri.

I'm expecting this to be a DJ set, as she hasn't done a live performance set in years and doubt she would randomly do a live gig for a Pride street party.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 25th June 2022, 01:01 PM
Post #94
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Something is better than nothing but I would welcome her performing over a DJ set.

+Quote this post
Chemistry
post 25th June 2022, 01:44 PM
Post #95
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 106,588

QUOTE(pippa @ Jun 25 2022, 01:01 PM) *
Something is better than nothing but I would welcome her performing over a DJ set.

Absolutely! Performing would be awesome but I'm just happy to get anything at this point laugh.gif I really wonder what's up with her not performing at all anymore, do we think it's some kind of stage fright? She could have easily done a small tour to celebrate 10 years of Cinderella's Eyes and the release of the vinyl.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 25th June 2022, 02:29 PM
Post #96
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I'll be in Soho for Pride next weekend, so I'll pop along and see what it's all about!

+Quote this post
ThePensmith
post 5th July 2022, 01:51 PM
Post #97
Group icon
They've had the very Tunnocks, Mary
User: 13,208

I plucked up the courage to listen to Nicola's interview she did on Laura Whitmore's podcast a few months ago today. Wow, I'm a mess cry.gif

I can only really speak for myself but I've found myself dipping in and out of listening to both Girls Aloud and also their solo projects - Nicola this week especially with the vinyl reissue of Cinderella's Eyes - over the last couple of months.

Maybe it's my way, like many others, of trying to come to terms with what's happened over the last year. But I'm not sure I'll ever be OK with the fact Sarah's not here anymore. In my head she's still here.

When she corrected herself and said "only the other four, sorry three know". That just bought me completely undone.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 5th July 2022, 02:01 PM
Post #98
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Now that Sarah's passing is less in the press I sometimes forget she is no longer with us and when I listen to Girls Aloud or something appears online it all comes back how real it is and how sad that such a beautiful young woman is longer with us.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 8th July 2022, 08:16 AM
Post #99
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

Nicola has deffo entered this really weird era where she's known as a singer... yet doesn't really have any music to back up for it (except the 2011 album ofc). I'd say she deffo has a indie-pop career (like Rina ) in her but doesn't seem to release anything.

She's deffo got at least 2(?) unreleased albums.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 8th July 2022, 10:47 PM
Post #100
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Id like to believe she will eventually release a second album.

+Quote this post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 12:03 AM