BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
78 Pages V  « < 75 76 77 78 >  
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> The lovely discussion of all things EU and/or Brexit, Part V
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Kath
post 15th August 2019, 05:34 PM
Post #1521
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(Harve @ Aug 10 2019, 03:17 PM) *
We should also remember that a large proportion of Leave voters are comfortably retired people who are shielded from most economic consequences, so it's little wonder they love no deal.

My brother-in-law is retired but he voted remain for the sake of his grown up children and his grandchildren. Whilst I'm not retired yet (and it looks like unless I die I'll have to work into my 90's to survive) I voted remain as did my OH who was retired at the time. A lot of those older retirees - will have had children and grandchildren - but it will still have been a case of 'I'm alright Jack'!. Having said that - I don't think the public (on both sides of the divide) were fully informed. I think those of us who voted remain did so out of a sort of sixth-sense for want of a better expression - that to leave would be disastrous!

David Cameron should eternally be looked upon as an absolute traitor for bringing the country to the place its in right now - but what does he care? As Danny Dyer said - he's off sunning his trotters 'Tw*t!'

The press as well are largely to blame by over the years whittling on about the monster of the EU - and how its taken away our liberties - instead of focusing on (even occasionally) on the good that the EU does.

I despair I really do - and I feel so sorry for the young of this country.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 15th August 2019, 08:27 PM
Post #1522
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

Corbyn as PM will not win over the Tory rebels at this stage, he's far too divisive even as a caretaker PM. The Lib Dems and Soubry are right to reject it at this stage in order to find a consensus leader that will be accepted by all sides of the House...such as Yvette Cooper, Hilary Benn, Dominic Grieve etc.

If Corbyn really dug his heels in on this, I could see everyone reluctantly agreeing to him PURELY to put through an extension and then set a general election date if every other option had been exhausted (such as legislating to force the government to seek an extension).

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 15th August 2019, 08:33 PM
Post #1523
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Algernon Monqueef @ Aug 15 2019, 06:00 PM) *
Lib Dems have been torpedoed tosay, abandoning their flagship policy in favour of the Tories. It's 2010 all over again! Not to be trusted.

How have they abandoned their flagship policy? Try looking beyond your slavish support for Corbyn which is every bit as blinkered as many Tories; support for Johnson and look at things in a more subjective light.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 15th August 2019, 10:41 PM
Post #1524
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

QUOTE(Botchia @ Aug 15 2019, 09:27 PM) *
If Corbyn really dug his heels in on this, I could see everyone reluctantly agreeing to him PURELY to put through an extension and then set a general election date if every other option had been exhausted (such as legislating to force the government to seek an extension).

This is exactly what he's proposing, no?

+Quote this post
mald487
post 18th August 2019, 09:38 PM
Post #1525
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,091

So have we heard the latest? Racist b**** Priti Patel wants freedom of movement to end on October 31st for everyone...automatically. What planet is this evil twat living on? What happens if a doctor or nurse that has lived and worked in the UK as an EU citizen and has family here, goes on holiday and tries to fly back in...has work say the following week? "Sorry your type aren't allowed back in as of today,.even though this is where you and your family have built a life?"

What will that in turn mean for people like me and others living outside of the UK? That for personal reasons need to go home for a.few days?? How are they going to distinguish between who was here before the end of March?

She is an evil cow. F*** her, F*** the conservatives, and F*** everybody that voted leave.

Yes, everybody.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 18th August 2019, 09:42 PM
Post #1526
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

Oh she's just the pretty face on this truly evil policy that comes from the top.

Everyone involved can get all the way too f***. It's absolutely disgusting. This is people's lives. Families will be separated. This is going to go spectacularly badly.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 18th August 2019, 09:47 PM
Post #1527
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(mald487 @ Aug 18 2019, 10:38 PM) *
So have we heard the latest? Racist b**** Priti Patel wants freedom of movement to end on October 31st for everyone...automatically. What planet is this evil twat living on? What happens if a doctor or nurse that has lived and worked in the UK as an EU citizen and has family here, goes on holiday and tries to fly back in...has work say the following week? "Sorry your type aren't allowed back in as of today,.even though this is where you and your family have built a life?"

What will that in turn mean for people like me and others living outside of the UK? That for personal reasons need to go home for a.few days?? How are they going to distinguish between who was here before the end of March?

She is an evil cow. F*** her, F*** the conservatives, and F*** everybody that voted leave.

Yes, everybody.

It won't happen. The more people hear about no deal the more people are going to be turned off by it. We're already over 2 months away from it and the noises coming out from most places is bad. As we get closer it will only get worse.

I still expect the original WA agreement to get put through now.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 18th August 2019, 09:51 PM
Post #1528
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

It only ends for US. They framed it as if they were ending FOM for Europeans. This is doublespeak. No. EU citizens will still have freedom of movement across an entire continentm bojo doesn't decide that. They just can't come here as easily. It's actually the BRITISH who are losing freedom of movement and are getting trapped on an island with the far right.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 18th August 2019, 09:57 PM
Post #1529
Group icon
Queen of Soon

QUOTE(Rooney @ Aug 18 2019, 10:47 PM) *
It won't happen. The more people hear about no deal the more people are going to be turned off by it. We're already over 2 months away from it and the noises coming out from most places is bad. As we get closer it will only get worse.

I still expect the original WA agreement to get put through now.

I'm not sure. This lot seem actively thick as f*** and for ideology want to destroy the country for profit.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 18th August 2019, 10:02 PM
Post #1530
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Algernon Monqueef @ Aug 18 2019, 10:51 PM) *
It only ends for US. They framed it as if they were ending FOM for Europeans. This is doublespeak. No. EU citizens will still have freedom of movement across an entire continentm bojo doesn't decide that. They just can't come here as easily. It's actually the BRITISH who are losing freedom of movement and are getting trapped on an island with the far right.

And that's what makes it even worse. They are planning to deprive us of a right and are boasting about it. I still hope to be able to get a teaching job in Europe but this will make it a lot more difficult. Well, thanks a bunch, you fat lying bar steward Johnson.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 18th August 2019, 10:12 PM
Post #1531
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(5 Silas Frřkner @ Aug 18 2019, 10:57 PM) *
I'm not sure. This lot seem actively thick as f*** and for ideology want to destroy the country for profit.

I just can't see any way it happens. It's a hard-line Conservatives wet dream but the reality is if something like this happens they are just creating chaos. We've basically gone from trying to implement Brexit to now wondering how we might consider national food shortages. Nobody voted for that.

The more that comes out in the media, the more the public will turn. Johnson aside none of the top dogs in this government are media savvy.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 18th August 2019, 11:12 PM
Post #1532
Group icon
Queen of Soon

I don’t trust them as far as I could throw them. I genuinely think that leaving the EU is more important to these people than the country. They’re happy to risk food and medicine shortages if they can escape EU laws that they hate so much like “how about you don’t be a total c**t to your staff, maybe let them have some time off and not make them work 85hr weeks” or, as has been noted here many times, the tax evasion crackdown that the EU is on.

+Quote this post
mald487
post 18th August 2019, 11:25 PM
Post #1533
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

I hope everyone that still has a hard on over Brexit gets everything that is coming to them. Have your no deal and see what that actually means for you.

Let Chris et al, have it in all it's shiny glory.

+Quote this post
mald487
post 18th August 2019, 11:28 PM
Post #1534
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Aug 18 2019, 10:02 PM) *
And that's what makes it even worse. They are planning to deprive us of a right and are boasting about it. I still hope to be able to get a teaching job in Europe but this will make it a lot more difficult. Well, thanks a bunch, you fat lying bar steward Johnson.

Side note, have you considered teaching in Asia? Places like China and Vietnam are crying out for native English teachers and it also usually quite easy to save money due to the cost of living being so low 🙂

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 19th August 2019, 07:36 AM
Post #1535
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

Yeah, although, speaking from experience, visa processes are quite stringent. Unfortunately there's a bit of a stigma about hiring older teachers out there too. But definitely, the demand is there and it will only go up because so many are constantly coming and going.

This latest thing is the worst most openly hostile thing I've seen from this government yet and that's an achievement. This deprivation of a right is genuinely my #1 opposition to Brexit, it was such an excellent thing that we could all go and work in an entire continent with no barriers and no borders, and for them to be so diametrically opposed, there's no reasoning.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 19th August 2019, 08:01 AM
Post #1536
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(mald487 @ Aug 19 2019, 12:28 AM) *
Side note, have you considered teaching in Asia? Places like China and Vietnam are crying out for native English teachers and it also usually quite easy to save money due to the cost of living being so low 🙂

QUOTE(Iz O @ Aug 19 2019, 08:36 AM) *
Yeah, although, speaking from experience, visa processes are quite stringent. Unfortunately there's a bit of a stigma about hiring older teachers out there too. But definitely, the demand is there and it will only go up because so many are constantly coming and going.

This latest thing is the worst most openly hostile thing I've seen from this government yet and that's an achievement. This deprivation of a right is genuinely my #1 opposition to Brexit, it was such an excellent thing that we could all go and work in an entire continent with no barriers and no borders, and for them to be so diametrically opposed, there's no reasoning.

Yes, I think China only gives visas to people under 50. That rules me out. I’m also reluctant to be too far away from my elderly parents.

One of the big failures of the Remain campaign was its failure even to try to sell the benefits of free movement. They allowed the Leave campaign to create the impression that it only applied to “forrinaz”.

+Quote this post
mald487
post 19th August 2019, 09:17 AM
Post #1537
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Aug 19 2019, 08:01 AM) *
Yes, I think China only gives visas to people under 50. That rules me out. I’m also reluctant to be too far away from my elderly parents.

Ah I see, I wasn't aware of Chinas age cap.

I taught in Vietnam for 2 years. The requirements for a work permit were a bachelors degree in any field, a TEFL certificate, and be a native speaker(US, UK, Canada etc). There is a slight preference for younger teachers however there were plenty I knew of in their 50's so age definately isn't a barrier in itself, and if you work for a language center like I did they will take care of the application process for you. You just need to make sure everything is apostilled in the UK.

I know plenty of people who didn't go through all the legal steps and worked under the table for less established schools and just got paid in cash(wouldn't recommend this of course but it's a reality and a LOT of people do it).

Anyway, enough side stepping from me. smile.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 20th August 2019, 08:04 PM
Post #1538
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(mald487 @ Aug 19 2019, 12:25 AM) *
I hope everyone that still has a hard on over Brexit gets everything that is coming to them. Have your no deal and see what that actually means for you.

Let Chris et al, have it in all it's shiny glory.

Thing is people genuinely have no idea what it means, they just want Brexit.

Apparently on Jeremy Vine today a caller said we will be fine about No Deal, we will use our British Spirit and grow our own food.. like we did in the war! This is the sort of fantasasial nonsesne we have to deal with laugh.gif Yes because we all want to go back to wartime Britian! And the irony of this is most of these people will have been small children or were not even both during the war.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 20th August 2019, 09:16 PM
Post #1539
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yes, we'll grow our own oranges and bananas. We don't need any of that forrin mukk.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 21st August 2019, 04:43 AM
Post #1540
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(Rooney @ Aug 20 2019, 09:04 PM) *
Thing is people genuinely have no idea what it means, they just want Brexit.

Apparently on Jeremy Vine today a caller said we will be fine about No Deal, we will use our British Spirit and grow our own food.. like we did in the war! This is the sort of fantasasial nonsesne we have to deal with laugh.gif Yes because we all want to go back to wartime Britian! And the irony of this is most of these people will have been small children or were not even both during the war.

Why do you perpetuate the Remoaner myth that we'll be as isolated as N.Korea once we leave the EU? rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post

78 Pages V  « < 75 76 77 78 >
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:15 AM