BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
21 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Big Brother US // Series 20
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 17th September 2018, 09:26 PM
Post #341
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

QUOTE(Cody Sabathy @ Sep 17 2018, 09:57 PM) *
there needs to be a balance between good gameplay and entertainment, and if we’re getting good gameplay but predictable moves, it ain’t a good sight. i’m Sorry, but someone has to say it

100%! I'm watching BB6 atm and the difference is astounding, I know each series should be taken at face value because the dynamics are going to be different but I really miss series when there'd actually be a power struggle. That series had Janelle's side vs Maggie's side, both with really strong players who had different strengths, all taking shots at each other. Granted, not everyone there was hugely likeable or rootable but the good thing about this format is that the power struggles and dynamics can be really entertaining even if you don't like half of the house or more because it's about the psychology and the interactions. This season has none of that now, it's just a predictable of boring steamroll of 3 people I struggle to care much about. It's similar to BB16 for me, not altogether awful but when it's so predictable it goes against everything that makes BB so good.

We've got a hideously boring showmance where one half has had no pressure to get to this point (admittedly, he played an absolute blinder socially up until jury and now his jury management has been terrible) and the other is one of the most unlikeable HGs ever, we've got a coaster who happened who have the right alliance with admittedly a very good social game and we've got Raven II plus someone who has barely played a lick of game apart from a personally motivated HOH reign. I won't play down Tyler's game because he played such a blinder up to about jury but, whilst I know it isn't their fault that they were put in with such shite players, I struggle to call him, Angela or Kaycee great players because quite frankly they've barely had to fight for it. Kaycee has played the best game I think because she's the only one who hasn't made stupid mistakes, Tyler has been much worse in jury stage and Angela has blown any chance of winning but being vile to virtually the whole jury. Kaycee hasn't played the most exciting game, it's sure as hell not very entertaining, but she thought about the long run and laid low when she needed to and won comps when she needed to. Tyler has maybe played a bit too hard by making all his final 2s and deals, and so it's coming back to bite him now he's having to betray Brett and JC (and Sam? icr if they had a final 2). Angela has definitely played too hard, wanting to be some ruthless ice queen but just being a bitch and alienating all of jury. If she is final 2 with Tyler, I can see it being unanimous, and maybe only Tyler voting her if it's her and Kaycee laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 17th September 2018, 09:35 PM
Post #342
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

I wouldn't say all the other side were shite Hayleigh and Scottie were pretty good players tbf.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 17th September 2018, 09:41 PM
Post #343
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Yeah but as an alliance as a whole, Scottie and Haleigh were good players but both made really grave mistakes (not as bad as Fessy) also, particularly Haleigh when she owned up to being the hacker. She was a decent social player, without that she might have set herself up well after that.

Haleigh still deserves AFP though, queen.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 17th September 2018, 10:27 PM
Post #344
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

The thing is Haleigh did the house meeting because Lvl 6 (particularly Angela & JC, and even styler at some points) were treating Bayleigh like shit, so it was more of her debating whether or not to compromise her game or her morals. I understand that this is a game, but she earned so much respect from me for doing that. It’s one thing to nominate someone because you think they’re the hacker, but it’s another thing to isolate and bully them.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 17th September 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #345
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

Oops, wrong thread!

This post has been edited by Jαsє: 17th September 2018, 10:30 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 17th September 2018, 10:39 PM
Post #346
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(Cody Sabathy @ Sep 17 2018, 11:27 PM) *
The thing is Haleigh did the house meeting because Lvl 6 (particularly Angela & JC, and even styler at some points) were treating Bayleigh like shit, so it was more of her debating whether or not to compromise her game or her morals. I understand that this is a game, but she earned so much respect from me for doing that. It’s one thing to nominate someone because you think they’re the hacker, but it’s another thing to isolate and bully them.

Nah true I do completely agree with that, it's why I have so much respect for Haleigh and none for Angela. Playing a game is one thing but people's feelings are another, her friend was being treated like shit and she risked her own game for that. It makes her less of a player but much much more of a person than if she hadn't done it, I know in her
position Id have struggled over what to do, selfish or not. Either way my posts didn't mean Haleigh was a terrible player, she's very much like Nicole from BB16 first time round as I've said before, a decent player with a couple of mistakes and aligned with the wrong people, there's such potential if she were to come back. It's a shame things transpired as they did and I really do hope she can get AFP from it, I think it will be Kaycee or Tyler probably but she could be top 3 I hope!

There's such a fine line between being ruthless and just being cold and nasty. Kaycee hasn't played the most exciting game (and I wouldn't say she's been ruthless) but I think she actually understands that, she's been nice to the others even if they aren't in her alliance and respected people still even if she has had to against them for game, and that isn't the most entertaining or memorable game to play, but it's one that has set her up really well.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 17th September 2018, 10:41 PM
Post #347
Group icon

I honestly think AFP swill endnup being tyler vs Brett vs maybe haleigh

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 18th September 2018, 03:22 PM
Post #348
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Tyler deserves the win hands down, he's possibly the best liar the show has ever seen, calling Bebe one of the biggest artists in the world I SCREAMED

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 18th September 2018, 06:55 PM
Post #349
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Haleigh wasn't a terrible player but she wasn't particularly good either. FOUTTE failed because they always looked inwards at themselves and never at the other side of the house, they never actually discussed things between them properly. Any good player would get their alliance to actually realise the problems didn't lie with themselves. She also completely messed up the hacker comp which was the major start of the complete FOUTTE mess and she then failed to convince Fessy NOT to put up their only remaining person that was with them. Fessy might have been stubborn but to be the best, you have to convince people no matter what!

QUOTE(Sw▲ggy J @ Sep 18 2018, 04:22 PM) *
Tyler deserves the win hands down, he's possibly the best liar the show has ever seen, calling Bebe one of the biggest artists in the world I SCREAMED

omg!!

Sam loving the US' favourite female country artist x

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 19th September 2018, 04:32 AM
Post #350
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Final 4 HOH spoilers (I think the account posting has to my knowledge always been accurate with what HOH comps would be etc)

JC won I am SCREAMING, please can Kaycee win veto to seal her win

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 20th September 2018, 03:54 AM
Post #351
Group icon

kaycee won veto I have to laugh *.* let’s go Pinoy pride

Is Julie really gonna do the Chen Moonves thing every episode until she gets removed by cbs

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th September 2018, 02:12 PM
Post #352
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(Cody Sabathy @ Sep 20 2018, 04:54 AM) *
kaycee won veto I have to laugh *.* let’s go Pinoy pride

Is Julie really gonna do the Chen Moonves thing every episode until she gets removed by cbs

OMG QUEEN!!!

I've got a horrible feeling if Tyler wins final HOH he'll take JC knowing he can't beat Kaycee and JC will win with bitter jury, but I am SCREAMING that of all the houseguests this season, it took JC of all people finally winning a HOH to split Tangela!!!! Kaycee will honour her final 2 and take Tyler, quite frankly she'd beat any of the 3 left anyway it just depends on who wins final HOH, I can see JC being deluded enough to think he'd beat Kaycee but Tyler would surely ditch her and go for gold against JC but like I said at this point I don't trust that a bitter jury won't hand the win to JC over Tyler, which as amusing as it is that Tyler's game could fall apart and fail, not against the guy who should have been kicked out for sexual harrassment :') At least losing to Kaycee, we get the satisfaction of it not being Tangela, but Tyler still lost fairly to the one who played the best game to win the show.

Also as for Sam going, is it bad I feel kinda sad? laugh.gif She was such an awful player and I still don't think she was as nice a person as she tried to make out a lot of the time but I'd be lying if I said don't already kind of miss the mess and chaos she brought to the show.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 20th September 2018, 05:53 PM
Post #353
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

That moment when JC and Tyler both turned 'true'..... it's slim pickings with who to support now all my faves are gone but I'm SO happy that we won't have an Angela/Tyler/Kaycee final 3

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th September 2018, 06:27 PM
Post #354
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Omg legit, like I do really like Kaycee and think if she wins then good on her, she's played the best game, but if anything I'm just glad the fans can stfu about "best alliance ever!1!1! When will any other alliance get top 3 together!1111" laugh.gif The fact it took JC to split them up :')

I'd be happy with Kaycee winning and *relatively* ok with Tyler, at least he played a bloody good game for half of it.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st September 2018, 02:05 AM
Post #355
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 21st September 2018, 02:13 AM
Post #356
Group icon

GOODBYE ANGELA I WON'T MISS YOU

Also SEASON 21 ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 21st September 2018, 02:28 AM
Post #357
Group icon

ALSO HALEIGH FOR AFP

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st September 2018, 03:08 AM
Post #358
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Also I'm screaming it's been NINETY THREE DAYS and JC still has no idea that Tyler, Kaycee and Angela worked together all along rotf.gif

I can't believe I'm actually happy about this season but it's looking v good for Kaycee winning and whilst I wasn't on Level 6's side, she has played a great game and I can't be mad at her winning.

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 21st September 2018, 03:20 AM
Post #359
Group icon

QUOTE(Liаm @ Sep 20 2018, 08:08 PM) *
Also I'm screaming it's been NINETY THREE DAYS and JC still has no idea that Tyler, Kaycee and Angela worked together all along rotf.gif
I can't believe I'm actually happy about this season but it's looking v good for Kaycee winning and whilst I wasn't on Level 6's side, she has played a great game and I can't be mad at her winning.
Liam's train of thought: Kaycee Clark

pre-season: OMG QUEEN

Day 1: UGH WHY IS SHE SO DISAPPOINTING

After Haleigh's eviction, while slowly giving up on BBUS: she's our only hope

Now:

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st September 2018, 03:43 AM
Post #360
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Omg legit laugh.gif
(how dare you call me Alyssa tho x)

I was expecting her to Vanessa this whole thing or something similar idk why, it's odd the feelings you get pre-season! The thing is when you have a game like hers is it's really boring to start because she thought about the long run and did like nothing for a while, you don't see whether that's genuinely that she's shit or that she was laying low and saving herself for when she needed. I'm not exactly stanning but I feel similar to Maggie's win, she's played a great game even though she's not the most exciting to watch, and she's a nice person unlike Maggie so it's a bit better. And in terms of how this season lost its way, a genuinely decent person who played a really good game is a great ending. It also drills in how important social game is which I think gets lost sometimes.

*JC somehow wins*

+Quote this post

21 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 29th April 2024, 11:45 AM