BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Girls Aloud: General Reunion Discussion, They’re back!!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Padamic Tension
post 9th November 2023, 10:43 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

My hope is they stayed united as a group if im honest.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 10th November 2023, 09:35 AM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

I wonder if the single will be released this month. Surely they won't wait for the New Year?

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 10th November 2023, 09:56 AM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

When they release I hope tgey go with 3 physical formats to help it or 2 minimum.

+Quote this post
Chapman
post 10th November 2023, 11:58 AM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 648

I’d love them to release in the run up to Xmas and clinch a Christmas number one single, 21 years after their last!

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 10th November 2023, 08:39 PM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

QUOTE(Chapman @ Nov 10 2023, 11:58 AM) *
I’d love them to release in the run up to Xmas and clinch a Christmas number one single, 21 years after their last!

I’m hoping they chart at all never mind a #1 laugh.gif

+Quote this post
London
post 10th November 2023, 10:38 PM
Post #46
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

I've been meaning to get on here for days. Have just read through. I'm so excited for this. I've seen girls aloud so many times in concert and loved them, loved them. Very excited for this. Of course it's sad without Sarah but very happy they've come back together for this. Please be good!! Though they've never let me down before.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 12th November 2023, 07:54 AM
Post #47
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

So this is real!!! I saw it in the xhart forum and rhought it was a rumour!

Hope they stay together! Being brave enough to do new music, honoueing Sarah by doing so, and coming back AGAIN shows they are bettee than the spice girls and their wgo spice. Cheryl said the same thing over twenty years ago, and she was right.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 12th November 2023, 11:12 AM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Not yet... @ Nov 12 2023, 07:54 AM) *
So this is real!!! I saw it in the xhart forum and rhought it was a rumour!

Hope they stay together! Being brave enough to do new music, honoueing Sarah by doing so, and coming back AGAIN shows they are bettee than the spice girls and their wgo spice. Cheryl said the same thing over twenty years ago, and she was right.

The groups are two very different sets of circumstances. Their experiences in the two groups were vastly different, Girls Aloud didn’t have half the extreme hate that Spice Girls got, were not as overworked as the girls were, and the experience was not as intense. Then their solo careers afterwards have also been very different. The five Spice Girls continue to pull in lucrative ventures of their own at the moment Mel B is judging on one of the biggest shows in America and Australia, Emma continues to have her weekly radio hosting slot, Geri is everywhere in the U.K. and USA with her new book, Melanie C has been booked up all summer performing at festivals and shows all over the place, including Glastonbury, and Victoria is obviously happy with her fashion and make up. Girls Aloud, while doing their own things too, are definitely not on the same level so would obviously be more inclined to reunite.

Having said all that, I have so much respect for GA for actually making new music I would die if the Spice Girls did that, which sadly they will never do.

This post has been edited by spiceboy: 12th November 2023, 11:13 AM

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 12th November 2023, 12:03 PM
Post #49
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

Geri's flop awful ghost written trash is not exactly a venture laugh.gif She's just wasting time and ruining a new tour by pretending to be Dhakespeare, like she did when she pretended to be the new Mary Berry.

Not one of them, except maybe VB in fashion, and Mel C in 2000, has had anything close to what the Spice Girls were, which is fine, as the ssme thing happened with the Beatles. However, there is no excuse for them not to make more music. All Saints have done 3 albums without damaging their legacy. GA have come back twice now. Take That have done it like 100 times. All we have from thrle Spice Girls is two years, some great solo songs, and a couple greta unreleased tracks, plus Hollier/ LLLTW, IYWTHSF(AYHF)(SOMM?), and Tell Me Why dance/ Gago remix. Because of this, I think we can all agree that GA are better, with a much bigger back catalogue ... and braver. SG seem terrified of releasing anything new.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 12th November 2023, 12:43 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

This feels bittersweet, Sarah will be missed (I've recently finished her autobiography so had been thinking about her a lot lately) but my biggest regret concert-wise was not seeing Girls Aloud while they were active. They were childhood favourites right up until that final tour, where I was still only 15 and not earning my own money yet. So, now I'm in the position to go to concerts more regularly, it would be wonderful to finally experience them live.

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post 12th November 2023, 01:03 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829

QUOTE(Not yet... @ Nov 12 2023, 02:03 PM) *
Because of this, I think we can all agree that GA are better, with a much bigger back catalogue ... and braver. SG seem terrified of releasing anything new.

I wouldn't say it's brave if they are following in the footsteps of many groups from their heyday: Westlife, Sugababes, Steps, All Saints, Take That, JLS, Blue, etc. have all reunited for a new album & tour.

Two of the Spice Girls are married to insanely rich men, so they don't need to ever work again. The same can't be said for GA. They need this reunion, as they don't have anything else going for them.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 12th November 2023, 02:00 PM
Post #52
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

Each member of GA is a multi-millionaire, you make it sound like they're struggling to pay their electricity bill or something.

+Quote this post
London
post 12th November 2023, 02:12 PM
Post #53
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053

I don't care about the comparisons or reasons behind it, this is the come back I've wanted more than anything for a long, long, time. Can't wait to see them love again. Though I've seen them many times, the time I remember the most was seeing them at GAY in 2006 - very intimate - ah the good old days wink.gif

+Quote this post
sammy01
post 12th November 2023, 03:40 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988

QUOTE(Jessie Where @ Nov 12 2023, 02:00 PM) *
Each member of GA is a multi-millionaire, you make it sound like they're struggling to pay their electricity bill or something.

When people say things like this I don't think they have a firm grasp on how it works. You can be rich and still need paycheques. Being a millionaire doesn't mean they have millions sat in the bank, they are rich as they have expensive houses and cars but that lifestyle costs a lot to maintane.

Nadine isn't playing bingo halls because she loves bingo but because she needs that money.

Any way that is neither here nor there, they can have whatever reason they like to reunite and if money is one of them then that is absolutely fine.

This post has been edited by sammy01: 12th November 2023, 06:16 PM

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 12th November 2023, 06:06 PM
Post #55
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Nov 12 2023, 01:03 PM) *
Two of the Spice Girls are married to insanely rich men, so they don't need to ever work again. The same can't be said for GA. They need this reunion, as they don't have anything else going for them.

Geri’s net worth is believed to be roughly in line with Christian’s!

“Don’t need to ever work again”, I think the misconception with this is what Sammy mentions - they may be extremely rich, but they also have lifestyles they’ve become accustomed to and that requires a positive cash flow. Which is a reason why some of the richest people you can imagine still work. Then there’s having a purpose and passion to continue working. So really, I doubt Geri would ever believe “I have an insanely rich husband, I don’t need to work again”.

It’s kind of dismissive to say that Girls Aloud have nothing else going for them away from the group or imply that a lack of rich husbands is a driving factor to get back together. It’s been 10 years since they worked together, so I assume that their individual endeavours have kept them occupied and fulfilled. Which is an indication that they’re not completely reliant on the group being active, that they can choose to do it rather than need to do it. Girls Aloud may well be the pinnacle job for earnings for all 4 of them at this point, but then that’s mostly the case with every celebrity & the career they’re most known for. I’d argue that Victoria going back to the Spice Girls would be the most lucrative thing she could choose to do.

+Quote this post
lovaticuk
post 12th November 2023, 07:36 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 127,517

Im so beyond excited for this whole era, but one thing that's also playing on my mind is Cheryl.

Cheryl will always be my favourite female soloist, she had such charisma and star quality and her 2008-2012 imperial phase was stunning to witness and I really enjoyed her 2014 and 2018 mini eras, but her disappearance from the limelight has always troubled me. Like I never got closure from her being this huge superstar to nothing.

When I look back at the early Ten promo, Cheryl was the most polished style wise and also seemed to be the most on-it with her choreography and working the camera, particularly at Jingle bell ball and the royal variety performance. Apart from going to see her in 2:22 and the little promo she did for it, ive not seen her in the media at all.

I really hope that this era brings her passion for the industry back and we see the Cheryl we all love and that she is happy, most importantly.

(of course the dream is that the GA reunion is super successful and we get a little mini theatre tour from her!)

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 12th November 2023, 07:50 PM
Post #57
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

She is one of the biggest flops in music history. She did a complete Furtado and killed her career with a yuuge wait, basically, like Katy Perry, Fuetado, Christina, a d a few others.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 12th November 2023, 08:37 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Voodoo @ Nov 12 2023, 01:03 PM) *

All of the 5 girls are wealthy through their own ventures and don't need a man to provide anything for them. The fact that Geri and Victoria continue to work on various projects shows that they don't have that mindset.

I also wouldn't say GA have nothing else going for them, they are clearly all wealthy enough women. Yes GA will likely be the most lucrative thing they do, but only in the same way a Spice Girls reunion would be for all 5 of the girls too. The fact that GA have recorded new music suggests they are not just in it for the money as if that were the case they would do a nostalgia tour and nothing else as that is where the money is today. GA won't make much money out of new music since they generally don't write it.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 12th November 2023, 09:19 PM
Post #59
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Pronouns: he/him
User: 3,217

Sarah Harding, who died from breast cancer in 2021 aged just 39, is estimated to earn £1 million from the pop band's reunion and new single, The Mirror has reported.

Sarah is entitled to a fifth of the band's profits made from concerts, TV appearances and merchandise due to a deal that protects her earnings up until 2032.

The money raised is expected to be donated to charities including The Sarah Harding Breast Cancer Appeal – launched by The Christie Charity, which treated the star.

'Sarah's estate is set for a huge boost from the reunion, which is only right seeing as it was Sarah's tragic passing that brought the band back together.

'The existing deal, registered with the Intellectual Property Office, protects one-fifth of her profits on all Girls Aloud goods until 2032.'

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 12th November 2023, 10:38 PM
Post #60
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

What happens after that? Will her estate then get nothing?

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 01:34 PM