BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Regina's Top 20 Madonna Songs
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post Jan 23 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
'Oh Father' and 'You'll See' are two of her best ballads! So glad to see them make an appearance. wub.gif

Never really got the fuss over 'Queen'. I know the lyrics are really honest and reflective but the song itself just doesn't do anything for me. sad.gif

Totally expected an appearance from 'Candy Shop'! laugh.gif It is a big guilty pleasure for me to be honest and I'm beginning to just accept it.

I'm expecting more controversial choices in the shape of 'Hanky Panky' and 'Revolver' but also some beauties from American Life too.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Jan 23 2018, 07:11 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 54
Queen and Oh Father are the highlights so far for me, really love both. Queen is a great example of the type of song I want to hear more of from her now while Oh Father is her most emotional ballad for me, I adore it.

As for what is to come - I know one track from American Life will feature for certain as I love it as much as you do but not sure about the others...

+Quote this post
Regina
post Jan 29 2018, 12:42 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

10. Like A Prayer

First off in the top 10 is Madge's most iconic song, or one of them anyway.
The lead single from the album of the same name, the video to this song, which has a whole bunch of religious syymbols in it,
caused a lot of hoohaa and it was boycotted by some people and led to Pepsi dropping her from their ads.
The song is a perfect marriage of rock-pop and gosepl music. I defy anyone to listen to this song and NOT sing along to the chorus. especially
when the choir kicks in. It never fails to go off live too, whether she does it traditionally or remixes it.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Jan 29 2018, 07:49 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Mansonette
Obviously a Madge essential, simply cannot fault it wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Feb 2 2018, 12:38 AM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
'Like a Prayer' seems to reach out to the biggest audience, like people who aren't fans of Madonna or aren't fans of pop music seem to love that song. It's easy to see why as it has a huge, anthemic, sing-along chorus and has the ability to really unite the dancefloor. It's not one of my personal top favourites but it's definitely up there with her best.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Feb 2 2018, 08:38 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Mansonette
MORE PLEASE REGGI.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Feb 2 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Raining Shitter

09. Time Stood Still

The Next Best Thing is......okay I admit it, I kinda like it. I actually quite like her acting, she's not the best but
there are far worse out there. This song was recorded for this movie and then got totally overlooked forevermore. Which is a crime.
One of her most haunting and motional ballads, her voice is just heavenly from start to finish and it is expertly produced.
Sadly the song was never made a single or put on the Music album, beingrejected in favour of American Pie. Hmmmm.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Feb 2 2018, 08:59 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Mansonette
I can honestly say I've never even heard of that!

+Quote this post
Regina
post Feb 2 2018, 09:37 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Raining Shitter

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Feb 3 2018, 01:09 AM
Post #30
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Like A Prayer is one of my essential Madonna singles just amazing wub.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Feb 3 2018, 03:24 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Raining Shitter

08. Isaac

Okay, I admit it, I don't hate Confessions as mcuh as I used to. It's actually risen the ranks to my 3rd favourite all time Madge album.
Don't tell Haus.
Isaac is one of the best tracks on it (does that mean another Confessions song is to come? ohmy.gif) and one of her best ever. When she sings "wrestle with your darkness"
I get chills. The chanting and the dark and pulsing backing track all blend together and it really doesn't feel like it is as long as 6 months. THe way it picks up pace as it
goes on too is just eargasmic. It mizes old and new perfectly.

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Feb 3 2018, 08:21 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Mansonette
I quite like Time Stood Still on first listen, the chorus is quite lovely and the strings really make it.

Isaac is good too, not top 10 worthy for me but it does stand out as being something different among her back catalogue and definitely one of the highs on Confessions.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Feb 4 2018, 05:44 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Time Stood Still is really lush, can't believe I hadn't heard it before you mentioned it a couple of weeks back!

Isaac is a Confessions highlight for sure! Glad you've come round to the album too. Just Ray of Light to go now! tongue.gif

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Feb 5 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #34
Group icon
User: 13,007
QUOTE(Regina @ Feb 3 2018, 03:24 PM) *

08. Isaac

Okay, I admit it, I don't hate Confessions as mcuh as I used to. It's actually risen the ranks to my 3rd favourite all time Madge album.
Don't tell Haus.
Isaac is one of the best tracks on it (does that mean another Confessions song is to come? ohmy.gif) and one of her best ever. When she sings "wrestle with your darkness"
I get chills. The chanting and the dark and pulsing backing track all blend together and it really doesn't feel like it is as long as 6 months. THe way it picks up pace as it
goes on too is just eargasmic. It mizes old and new perfectly.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SO SO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS <3

A great pick from the album too. Isaac is just so absurd and wonderful. I also adore the "wrestle with your darkness" lyric. Great pic and excited to see if there's more Confessions to come ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Feb 6 2018, 08:39 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Raining Shitter
I WILL continue this but I have family coming on Friday so getting the house ready drama.gif

+Quote this post
Regina
post Feb 12 2018, 06:36 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Raining Shitter

07. La Isla Bonita

Shake your maracas y'all.
The last single from her True Blue album, and the one that I feel is the best of the bunch.
A song about a mystical beautiful island, the song is the sort of thing I imagine Jennifer Lopez would sing if she was around in the late 80's
making music. More in line with Gloria Estefan than Madonna, it sticks out for it's latin rhytms and never fais to whisk you away to a tropical climate.
Another one that explodes live and one she does a fair bit too which is great. I adore the mash up with Latte she did on Sticky & Sweet.
One thing I don't like is her dancing in a flowing gown surrounded by fire in the video, gurl, fire safety!

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Feb 13 2018, 09:48 AM
Post #37
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
"La Isla Bonita" is one of my Madge faves! Love the Latin vibes - it was defo the inspiration for the gay anthem "Mi Chico Latino" by Geri too wub.gif

+Quote this post
dandy*
post Feb 13 2018, 07:42 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Mansonette
Well that's a classic choice so no arguing to be found here. It's aged rather well too hasn't it? Especially as if there was one of her big hits I'd have expected to age quite badly it would have been that.

Well, aside from True Blue.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Feb 14 2018, 01:20 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Raining Shitter
It has indeed ages really well, not bad for a song recorded in the 80's.

+Quote this post
Regina
post Feb 14 2018, 01:24 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Raining Shitter

06. The Power Of Good-Bye

The first time a Ray of Light song appears, although Tim Stood Still could easily have been on it.
4th single from the album and it was another big hit for her, obviously, it's too gorgeous not to be.
A song all about how saying good0bye can be good for you and a powerful experience, it is not too different in sound
to Frozen, but I always preferred this, her voice seems more warm and emotional on it, I guess a song called Frozen doesn't call for
warmth but anyway.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:47 PM