BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tinashe - Superlove, second single from 'Joyride'
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Jul 14 2016, 12:42 PM
Post #21
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

THIS IS AMAZING. *.*

YES. SLAY ME AGAIN TINASHE. SLAY. ME. AGAIN.

Reminds me of Fergie - Glamorous!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jul 14 2016, 12:55 PM
Post #22
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

THIS IS INCREDIBLE

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Jul 14 2016, 01:36 PM
Post #23
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

This sounds like a grower for me tbh but I like it just needs to grow

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 14 2016, 02:16 PM
Post #24
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

It's quite That's What I'm Feeling by Ciara to me! I'm not 100% "OMG SLAIN AMAZING" but it's solid and I'm sure it will continue to grow.

+Quote Post
AaronTM
post Jul 14 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #25
salty foods parch the human
Member No.: 4,631

YAAASSS!

First listen and I'm in love with this already.

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jul 14 2016, 03:16 PM) *
It's quite That's What I'm Feeling by Ciara to me! I'm not 100% "OMG SLAIN AMAZING" but it's solid and I'm sure it will continue to grow.

Let me take your "That's How I'm Feelin'" comparison and raise you. I think it sounds more like "Heavy Rotation" by Ciara. Either way, both songs are FIRE and Tinashe has brought the goods. (if the goods are Ciara knock offs)

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Jul 14 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #26
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

This is very good!

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Jul 14 2016, 05:49 PM
Post #27
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

It's so bland. sad.gif Good production though.

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Jul 14 2016, 09:32 PM
Post #28
on a bench in coney island
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah this is such a letdown sad.gif

+Quote Post
Totto
post Jul 14 2016, 09:59 PM
Post #29
I was grindin' with the DJ with my hands on the floor!
Member No.: 20,441
   No Gallery Pics

Supersnatch though.

This post has been edited by Totto: Jul 14 2016, 09:59 PM

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Jul 14 2016, 10:42 PM
Post #30
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,847
   No Gallery Pics

I don't know if I'm disappointed because it's actually not very good or if my standards are just too high.

It's a cute little song but when I know she is capable of such incredible R&B as 'Aquarius' this light-pop nicey-nicey stuff isn't what I am looking for from her at all.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Jul 14 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #31
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Is it fair to say she's used up all her ideas on one album? I'm starting to think that's the case.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Jul 14 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #32
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

I feel that too, I don't dislike this or Player (Player is brilliant) but she's capable of such striking R&B, the levels of which haven't been seen since Aaliyah, and we get.... this.

QUOTE(AaronTM @ Jul 14 2016, 05:44 PM) *
YAAASSS!

First listen and I'm in love with this already.
Let me take your "That's How I'm Feelin'" comparison and raise you. I think it sounds more like "Heavy Rotation" by Ciara. Either way, both songs are FIRE and Tinashe has brought the goods. (if the goods are Ciara knock offs)

Actually I can hear that one too laugh.gif This originality.

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Jul 14 2016, 10:57 PM
Post #33
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I would maybe believe that she had used all her ideas on the one album if her mixtape stuff wasn't so brilliant. She has absolute gems dating back from when she started releasing music which she recorded herself in her bathroom back almost 5 years ago. 'Black Water' and 'Amethyst', although not 'Aquarius' levels, are excellent quality all the way through.

This new pop-lite sound is just a massive mis-judgement from both her and the label and is removing her from what she does so well. I refuse to believe that it is running out of ideas or this is revealing of a weakness or a limit to her artistry because everything up to now has pointed to her being possibly one of the most talented R&B females in a hell of a long time.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 14 2016, 11:05 PM
Post #34

I really don't get how this isn't hitting people? I really don't. laugh.gif I understand maybe initial disappointment etc... but this is genuinely a brilliant, pop/r&b dancefloor banger to me. wub.gif

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Jul 14 2016, 11:22 PM
Post #35
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

It just sounds like a Ciara bonus track.

There is nothing wrong with a Ciara bonus track btw, I do enjoy them indeed. But when she can make tracks like 'Cold Sweat', 'Bet' and 'Vulnerable' I expect something a lot cooler from her and far more sonically aware from her. What is forward thinking about this with that bog-standard production?

+Quote Post
Totto
post Jul 15 2016, 03:33 AM
Post #36
I was grindin' with the DJ with my hands on the floor!
Member No.: 20,441
   No Gallery Pics

She also did a song with KDA http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/kda-just-say/

+Quote Post
Cremey
post Jul 18 2016, 06:51 PM
Post #37
on a bench in coney island
Member No.: 4,089
   No Gallery Pics

So disappointed in this sad.gif
It's not a bad song by any means, but it's really not the direction I want her to go down and she's capable of so much more!
This sounds so much like a Ciara/Nicki track. Really hoping the aim is to get a hit with this and that the rest of the album is more like 'Aquarius' and the mixtapes, but I'm not sure if that's just me being hopeful haha.

Listening to this and then listening to 'Aquarius' straight after...it almost feels like this should've come first, it's kind of like if Rihanna released 'SOS' now, after releasing 'ANTI'? Odd.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Jul 18 2016, 09:11 PM
Post #38

I completely get and see why people think that, tbh. I can see why it is considered to be a "step back" in quality and kinda get initial disappointment etc.. but I just love little pop-n-b numbers like this! It's nowhere near the levels of 'Aquarius' (agree with you all) but this is a little jam and a half for me <3 So carefree and joyous.

+Quote Post
HausofKubrick
post Jul 18 2016, 09:17 PM
Post #39
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 13,007

Player was absolutely incredible, this is just good. I enjoy it but it's so "done before" whereas she needs to be thinking FORWARD. I like Tinashe because she isn't carefree and joyous, her music is so layered with passion and darkness and sultry exuberance so I hope this joyous side isn't a sign of things to come...

Aquarius set the standard far too high, even if I was being the most optimistic person i'd say she could never ever top that masterpiece.

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Jul 18 2016, 10:04 PM
Post #40
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jul 18 2016, 10:17 PM) *
Player was absolutely incredible, this is just good. I enjoy it but it's so "done before" whereas she needs to be thinking FORWARD. I like Tinashe because she isn't carefree and joyous, her music is so layered with passion and darkness and sultry exuberance so I hope this joyous side isn't a sign of things to come...

You put it so well, this is exactly why I have been so disappointed by this release. I also think that her vocals become almost unremarkable also on this kind of joyous track, whereas the production on 'Aquarius' works so well with her sultry and vulnerable vocal delivery (thinking of 'Bated Breath' for instance). It is just so unsuited to her in so many ways.

Having said that I've started trying to just accept it for what it is and I am enjoying it more-so than a few days ago. It may be the last kind of sound I wanted from her but it does still have it's moments. It is nice to hear her rap, she showed us a little of that on 'Thug Cry' and I had thought seeing her explore that a little more would be fun; maybe not in this pop context but still.

I will continue to massively support her and hope that in a similar way to '2 On', the lead single isn't going to be completely indicative of the whole album, although I would definitely prefer the gap between single and album sound to be even more obvious in this circumstance. Unfortunately I think the success of 'All My Friends' has given RCA even more reason to believe that carefree pop sound is what people want from Tinashe. Only RCA could manage to use the fact she managed to get a big hit and turn it into something that alienates almost everyone.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:30 AM