BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pixie Lott - TBA, 4th album
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Nov 25 2014, 01:35 AM
Post #1
🙄
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,643

It was previously confirmed that Pixie Lott will not be appearing on the Strictly Come Dancing tour as she's moving to America in January to record new music. It's also been confirmed that Pixie is now working with Jay Z's producers on her new album ohmy.gif

Exclusive: Pixie Lott has hinted a duet with Justin Bieber could be in the works.

The Kiss The Stars singer, 23, struck up a friendship with the Biebs, 20, while partying in Cannes together and hopes their current recording schedules will match up.

‘He is on another scale! I think he is actually really talented,’ the Essex beauty gushed of Bieber to Metro in an exclusive chat.

‘He said he was going to have some time off to chill a bit, but he said he can’t wait to get back and start on a new album. I think he might be starting at the same time as me on my album. So could we end up in the same studio at the same time

Lott also revealed she is calling on the past to work with producers from Jay Z’s Roc Nation company to create her fourth studio album after originally being signed to one of 44-year-old Jay’s labels.

‘I met Jay Z back in the day when I was 15 and I sang for him,’ she explains.

‘When I was first signed to Universal, I was signed to the Island Def Jam where Jay Z worked. I did a showcase and he was there,’ she continues.

‘I remember my mum turning round and going “oh my god! Jay Z is over there!” Apparently he was moving. He was into it! It was ages ago, but I hope he would remember.’
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Nov 25 2014, 01:46 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

Ah the going to America to "record" for the album that won't ever happen cause I've already been dropped speel.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Nov 25 2014, 01:50 AM
Post #3
🙄

Excuse me, following the success of 'Nasty', 'Break Up Song', 'Lay Me Down' and 'Caravan Of Love' how will she not get another single?

+Quote Post
Martyn
post Nov 25 2014, 01:57 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 66

QUOTE(TeamChezWombat @ Nov 25 2014, 01:50 AM) *
Excuse me, following the success of 'Nasty', 'Break Up Song', 'Lay Me Down' and 'Caravan Of Love' how will she not get another single?

None of those lived up to the smash of Can't Make This Over

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Nov 25 2014, 01:58 AM
Post #5
🙄

'Can't Make This Over' has easily outsold 'Break Up Song' though kink.gif

+Quote Post
post Nov 25 2014, 09:22 AM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

Has she got a new record label? How would they fund this? Her new album is out this week and there has been no marketing for it?

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Nov 25 2014, 11:27 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

Even if she does release the album, its unlikely to do well. Her last few albums have completely bombed.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Nov 25 2014, 03:33 PM
Post #8
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

If she is going to have high profile collabs, then it'll probably help the album out.

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Nov 25 2014, 04:34 PM
Post #9
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

Pixie Flop sarcasm.gif

In all honesty Im really excited to see what she produces this time round. Could be brilliant. Could be awful. We'll have to see :/

+Quote Post
April
post Nov 25 2014, 04:40 PM
Post #10
changed the game with that digital drop
Member No.: 11,905

I guess she'll be following Alexandra's lead of 'moving' to America. And 8 months later she'll appear in the West End and all mention of another album will be erased from history.

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Nov 25 2014, 04:43 PM
Post #11
🙄

QUOTE(Joe. @ Nov 25 2014, 09:22 AM) *
Has she got a new record label? How would they fund this? Her new album is out this week and there has been no marketing for it?

I believe she's on Jay Z's label in America now. HA!

Pixie Lott Feat Jay Z & Chris Brown - Can't Get A Hit.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Nov 25 2014, 04:48 PM
Post #12
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

QUOTE(April @ Nov 25 2014, 04:40 PM) *
I guess she'll be following Alexandra's lead of 'moving' to America. And 8 months later she'll appear in the West End and all mention of another album will be erased from history.

That's exactly what I was thinking after I'd read that article...

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Nov 25 2014, 05:02 PM
Post #13
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

This thread seems a bit hopeful.

+Quote Post
Dillan
post Nov 25 2014, 05:19 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 12,376
   No Gallery Pics

YES PIXIE, GIVE ME TURN IT UP 2.0

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Nov 26 2014, 02:04 AM
Post #15
🙄

Platinum Hits is #55 in the midweeks with 800+ copies being sold with iTunes data missing, it looks like she could miss the top 75 with stronger opening sales than 'Pixie Lott' kink.gif

Congratulations on reaching the milestone Hits collection! Why now?
"I think it’s just nice for the fans in time for Christmas while I’m dancing! I’m starting my next album in January so I’m excited to give them something in between. They’ve written and said what their favourite songs are so far and then I’ve just added a few Christmas treats... obviously that includes my single which is out now, which is the cover, ‘Caravan Of Love’, for Alder Hey Children’s Charity."
What about the hidden gems? Do you have any particular album tracks that would have made great singles?
"I always love the album tracks! On my first album, there was a song called ‘Nothing Compares’ that I really loved. On the second album I love the song that I wrote with John Legend called ‘You Win’. One of my faves. There’s a song that I did called ‘Stevie On The Radio’ that had Stevie Wonder playing harmonica, which was also another one of my faves… Then on my last album… I would say… I can’t even remember the tracklisting!"

We would put a solid vote in for ‘Champion’.
"Yes! Ah, 'Champion'. Yes, that would have been fun."
Looking forward, what have you got planned for next year? You said you have new music on the go…
"Yeah, I’ve got sessions booked in this side of Christmas. Obviously it’s really hard because there’s, like, no time. I’ve literally got just a couple that are squeezed in. But next year I’ve already got some sessions down, I’m so excited: I’m off to New York and LA again! And I’m actually doing, for this album, more collaborations. I’m up for working with more people and all the ‘in, hot’ producers, because before I just wanted to work with a small group of people. Now I’m up for branching out!"

Looks like she's going to be working with bigger producers, where the hell is she getting this budget from? Her album is also #1400 on USA Album iTunes. Slaying.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Nov 26 2014, 02:16 AM
Post #16
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

That bolded part shows how determined she is to forget her last album happened. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Ho-Lee Smokes
post Nov 26 2014, 02:27 AM
Post #17
🙄

QUOTE(mr_aly @ Nov 26 2014, 02:16 AM) *
That bolded part shows how determined she is to forget her last album happened. ohmy.gif

I know, she's learning from The Saturdays.

What even is Wordshaker?

+Quote Post
p a v
post Nov 26 2014, 06:13 AM
Post #18
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

Saturdays release albums?!

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Nov 26 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #19
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

QUOTE(TeamChezWombat @ Nov 26 2014, 02:04 AM) *
Platinum Hits is #55 in the midweeks with 800+ copies being sold with iTunes data missing, it looks like she could miss the top 75 with stronger opening sales than 'Pixie Lott' kink.gif
Looks like she's going to be working with bigger producers, where the hell is she getting this budget from? Her album is also #1400 on USA Album iTunes. Slaying.

She must be selling on physicals because it was it #130 or something when I looked on iTunes last night.

+Quote Post
NellyEverySundae
post Dec 7 2014, 01:02 AM
Post #20
#TeamKrustyKrab
Member No.: 20,675
   No Gallery Pics

Album recording starting next January:
"I am super excited to be starting my new album in January and it will be tough to fit the Strictly Tour in, we are just trying to see if I can fit dates in."

This post has been edited by NellyXmas. S: Dec 7 2014, 01:04 AM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:33 PM