BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FSR Rontvia National Thread 3.0, 163: Die Arkitekt feat Lena Platonos - Mirkhel
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
p a v
post Aug 30 2013, 10:07 AM
Post #21
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,397

It's like karma getting back at you for all those near-misses and bottom 5's in the final in XL's biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Aug 30 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #22
Hello?
Member No.: 116
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(P∆VEL @ Aug 30 2013, 11:07 AM) *
It's like karma getting back at you for all those near-misses and bottom 5's in the final in XL's biggrin.gif

Evidently. FSR Rontvia just weren't C O O L enough to send a song like this, a hipster country would have taken it into the top five. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 7 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #23
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

German producer Tensnake slows down the tempo for Rontvia's 58th entry

Following three consecutive DNQ's, the RTVN have turned to German producer Tensnake for FSR Rontvia's 58th BJSC entry, coincidentally titled 58BPM. Botanikka sent Tensnake's song Mainline a few months ago, although after Ricardo Delta had finished 3rd with it in Unknown Pleasures at the start of the year, so there is some sideways recycling going on here. However, the song is completely different to the 90s throwback Mainline. 58 BPM, which features vocals by Fiora, is an atmospheric slow jam, set at 58 Beats Per Minute, reminiscent of Jessie Ware, Cyril Hahn and other chillout artists. FSR Rontvia hope that the song, already a major top five domestic hit will finally return the nation to the BJSC final!

+Quote Post
Silas
post Sep 7 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #24
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

I get the horrible feeling that this is going to be your 'Turn The Lights On' sad.gif

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 7 2013, 05:25 PM
Post #25
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

I hope not but I'm prepared for anything, 2013 is a write off for us anyway now!

However I'm in love with this track (so much so that I even blogged about it last week!) so I'm keeping the faith!

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 20 2013, 09:37 PM
Post #26
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Spin My World gets an official video/radio edit!

Can I just send this again? wub.gif But obviously without the DNQ bit because this is one of the best songs of the year!

+Quote Post
Silas
post Sep 21 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #27
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

So glad that this wasn't your very own Turn The Lights On and is doing what it should have done!

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 21 2013, 04:46 PM
Post #28
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks wub.gif I'm so pleased to be back in the final although I'm anticipating a bottom ten finish! The only way is up however, so watch out next month biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
*Tim
post Sep 21 2013, 04:49 PM
Post #29
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Sep 21 2013, 04:46 PM) *
Thanks wub.gif I'm so pleased to be back in the final although I'm anticipating a bottom ten finish! The only way is up however, so watch out next month biggrin.gif

Coming bottom ten in a contest this strong is no bad thing!
You'll most likely be joined by me so you'll have great company

This post has been edited by *Tim: Sep 21 2013, 04:49 PM

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Sep 21 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #30
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Well I'm hoping your entry will finish in the top half, fab song wub.gif

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Oct 5 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #31
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Luck of the Irish? Hozier steps up for BJSC 59

Having suffered three consecutive DNQ's and a 30th place finish in BJSC 58 with Tensnake's luscious 58 BPM, FSR Rontvia have decided to take a completely different approach this month. Following a year of near back to back dance track's, Dubliner Hozier's Take Me To Church is a haunting blues/gospel/indie hybrid with an instant, addictive melody and an incredibly controversial video that looks at Russia's views on homosexuality in a very graphic way. Ricardo Delta said 'this really is a very different type of entry for us, it's rare that we send a purely male vocal track and this one is very hard hitting with a serious message. The melody is really something special and Hozier's vocals are raw and powerful'. The track debuted at No.4 in the Rontvian charts last week and is set to climb into the top three this week.
Hear the song and watch the powerful video below:

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Oct 20 2013, 09:42 PM
Post #32
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Hozier finishes 11th, first Rontvian hit since the instrumental dance duo earlier in the year

After three consecutive DNQ's and 30th place in the final last month, FSR Rontvia experienced something of a mini return to form with our first ever 11th place, having been lucky to finish 10th on a number of occasions before! Hozier's song Take Me To Church, which climbed to No.1 in FSR Rontvia this week, scored 111 points in 11th place, behind a very solid top ten and way in front of the rest of the pack in 12th and below. Ricardo Delta said 'this result restores some credibility to the nation, we've had a pretty appalling year aside from Colors and Platinum Chains finishing inside the top five, and it's nice to get a hit again. Hopefully we can continue this form in the 60th contest'. Trifoski won the contest, held in Ramrynia.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Oct 26 2013, 09:04 AM
Post #33
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Hozier hit #2 in Ireland, #1 on iTunes

Take Me To Church by Hozier, FSR Rontvia's entry to the 59th BJSC, has gone to #1 on iTunes in Ireland, resulting in a climb to No.2 officially. This is thought to be its first step to impending world domination in 2014. Watch this space...

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Nov 3 2013, 11:22 PM
Post #34
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

Because Of U by trapstep artist RL Grime for Rontvia XL!

Rounding off a very dancy year for FSR Rontvia, with monster smashes from Michael Woods and Rivaz, and embarrassing failures from Mark Lower and DJ Kent, Rontvia's final entry of the year is Because Of U by American producer RL Grime. The trap/dubstep hybrid track is another variation of the dance genre from the nation, following house, bassline and trance entries during the year. Ricardo Delta said 'the majority of Rontvia's biggest selling singles during 2013 have been dance hits so the fact that we are sending another big dance anthem reflects that. Hozier did very respectably for us last month with a very different type of song and we remain sure that Take Me To Church will be a future worldwide hit on some scale. However, Because Of U has a great, very instant hook with some fantastic production that builds and builds in different ways throughout the track. We're really excited to send it!'

+Quote Post
p a v
post Nov 3 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #35
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Member No.: 4,397

such audacity to send an artist previously sent by THE HOST NATION merely 2 contests ago ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Nov 3 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #36
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Queenderella @ Nov 3 2013, 11:40 PM) *
such audacity to send an artist previously sent by THE HOST NATION merely 2 contests ago ohmy.gif

He only remixed that track, and it wasn't exactly a smash by Trifoski's usual standards!

(plus I didn't notice until a couple of days after I'd confirmed sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Brer
post Nov 3 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #37
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

Trifoski don't have a 'usual standard'. They either win, DNQ, or come around low top 20.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Nov 18 2013, 11:35 PM
Post #38
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

RL Grime smashes with a top three finish!

Trap song Because Of U by American producer RL Grime has finished in third place in Trifoski, with a stunning five 12 pointers! It rounds off a mixed year very nicely for the nation in a period that's seen two third places and a 4th place, a couple of other mid-table hits and three consecutive DNQ's during the summer, Rontvia's first in five years! Ricardo Delta said 'we're pretty surprised at the reaction to Because Of U, in a good way. We thought it might edge us back into the top ten but never envisaged another top three finish! We've sent a lot of dance music this year and even though DJ Kent and Mark Lower DNQ'd for us, on the other end of the spectrum, Michael Woods, Rivaz and RL Grime provided our biggest successes! We're pretty pleased with 13th for the year all things considered. We may not be one of the top nations anymore but we can still pull a top three out of the bag every now and then!'. Eledan's Cut Copy won the contest with a song that FSR Rontvia awarded the full 12 points to. Because Of U is Rontvia's 17th top three finish. This total includes seven winners and five second and third placers.

+Quote Post
gooddelta
post Dec 24 2013, 11:21 PM
Post #39
Hello?
   No Gallery Pics

So Colors now has a (questionable) vocal mix!

+Quote Post
✖ leww ✖
post Dec 24 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #40
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
Member No.: 9,403

oh forgot to link that! yeah, it's awful

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:59 AM