BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Requiem, BBC One | Psychological thriller/horror
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Feb 20 2018, 11:10 AM
Post #1
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

A new six part BBC drama airing Fridays at 9pm or all episodes on iPlayer now!

In 1994, a toddler disappeared from a small Welsh village, never to be seen again. 23 years later, in London, the mother of rising cello star Matilda Gray commits suicide, without apparent reason. Among her possessions, Matilda discovers tantalising evidence, linking her mother to the Welsh girl's disappearance all those years ago. And so grief stricken Matilda travels to Wales, determined to find out who she really is, even if it means unraveling her own identity. In the process, she uncovers long buried secrets in this remote community - including one secret more bizarre, terrifying and dangerous than anything she could have imagined: Dark otherworldly forces are gathering - they have been waiting many years for Matilda to return. If every life is a story, then for most of us, it's our parents who write the opening chapters. They record and remember our early childhoods as we cannot, acting as trusted witnesses to our lives. But what if you discovered that your parent had lied to you? That almost everything they'd said about their own history, and yours, was untrue? Part supernatural thriller, part psychological horror, Requiem takes its inspiration from the psychological horror films of the late 1960s and '70s - Rosemary's Baby, Don't Look Now, and The Innocents, avoiding easy answers, and instead playing on uncertainty and ambiguity. It's also a rumination on the nature of memory, identity, and loss, hinging on a universal truth: that when a parent dies, a part of you dies with them.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Feb 20 2018, 11:14 AM
Post #2
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

always a sucker for the BBC horrors/thrillers like this and so watched the first two episodes so far! There's a lot of residents hiding secrets with moody looks given if anyone is trying to uncover them (aka the lead character) but there's enough there to leave me with intrigue so far!

There's been some brilliant atmosphere scenes and it will be interesting to see where it all leads up to.

+Quote Post
Botchia
post Feb 21 2018, 07:06 PM
Post #3
I Drink Wine
Member No.: 21,753
   No Gallery Pics

I watched the first episode and wasn't particularly impressed tbh

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Feb 25 2018, 12:37 PM
Post #4
❤️❤️➕🟦
   No Gallery Pics

what a bonkers final episode! laugh.gif

It's nice that it leaves it open for a second series but, considering the ratings don't seem to support one, it would have been nice to have a greater explanation of things. Overall, the series was solid, if nothing special. It would have been a lot stronger if it had been 4 episodes, as there was a lot of filler between eps 2-5 or focused a lot more on the cult/arkangel rather than whether she was Carys or not. Whilst I appreciate, they've probably left it open so this series can still stand alone and be focusing more on Matilda/Carys and then a second series focuses on the demon/supernatural things, I would have enjoyed the story/ending more if we knew more about the demon/supernatural stuff. Like wtf happened with Hal???

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Mar 21 2018, 09:55 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

I've just watched this over the last few nights. It was good to see something a little different. I'm not sure there's that much scope for a follow-up series though.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Mar 24 2018, 09:34 AM
Post #6
Shakin Stevens
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Watched the finale lastnyt and it was excellent!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:30 PM