BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> X Factor Contestant Alumni Songs Rate: RESULTS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Spinning Adam
post Mar 30 2016, 07:44 AM
Post #21
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005
I prefer Disco to Chico Time actually (even though the latter is iconic it's not really a proper song I can enjoy)

JLS out already sob.gif at least it's only one of theirs so it could have been worse!

Could've done with James Arthur higher too but I doubt he had a huge fan base on here to begin with laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
post Mar 30 2016, 08:30 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
#120 | Marcus Collins - 'Seven Nation Army' (AVG. 3.61)

I was so worried during this year of X Factor that Marcus would win. He was just the kind of bland, young male that'd usually take the crown. Thank god he didn't his only single to chart was a weak White Stripes cover. All hail Little Mix, none of their singles have left yet.

#119 | JLS- 'Proud' (AVG. 3.82)

Another, very forgettable song from JLS. Not as annoying as 'The Club is Alive', but so forgettable. This was a Sports Relief single, and charted at #6 just as Little Mix's did, which is still to come.

#118 | One Direction - 'One Way Or Another (Teenage Kicks)' (AVG. 3.82)

Another charity single now, and this time a #1 from the most successful act to ever come from X Factor, One Direction of course. This is a fun, yet a little forgettable cover, and is Buzzjack's least favourite 1D song here!

#117 | One Direction - 'Gotta Be You' (AVG. 4.1)

Now we have another 1D song, this time their second ever single. Which didn't perform too well in comparison to WMYB, and had people prematurely calling them one-hit-wonders, which of course they weren't, with about a dozen songs still to come in this rate. I always liked this song and don't see why it's always bottom-pile when it comes to the popularity of their singles.

#116 | Chico - 'It's Chico Time' (AVG. 4.36)

The second #1 in this batch, this time Chico's smash hit, which flies in with an average about 4.

It's clearly Chico time...

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Mar 30 2016, 09:06 PM
Post #23
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
I feel offended at how low One Way or Another is.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post Mar 30 2016, 09:13 PM
Post #24
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505
Both of those 1D songs are absolutely atrocious sick2.gif

Going back to the Little Mix/Marcus year - I was very confident Little Mix would beat him. I had a good feeling they would win after their fantastic performance of 'Don't Let Go (Love)'.wub.gif

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post Mar 30 2016, 11:03 PM
Post #25
Group icon
tempted by kings with the finest of things
User: 21,231
QUOTE(JoeyJeppssonWall @ Mar 30 2016, 10:06 PM) *
I feel offended at how low One Way or Another is.

This. It's a decent cover as far as comic relief songs go, definitely deserves to finish over quite a few left in...

OWOA is the only decent song to drop out so far

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Mar 31 2016, 08:58 PM
Post #26
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
Marcus should be even lower than that! whistle.gif

OWOA(TK) is too low, it's fun~

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Mar 31 2016, 09:19 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Even with the JLS out again there's no big losses there yay biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
post Apr 1 2016, 12:34 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
#115 | JLS - 'Billion Lights' (AVG. 4.375)

Funnily enough, this farewell single from JLS is one of the few I actually like and it's their biggest flop. I find the chorus huge and very catchy. I'm guessing the low scores come partly from how much it flopped and was instantly forgotten, but here's a reminder of what a tune it actually is:

#114 | JLS- 'Hottest Girl In the World' (AVG. 4.46)

The boyband bloodbath continues. Will any male artists make the top 20?! Another JLS song here, and this one I agree with the position for.

#113 | Jedward - 'Lipstick' (AVG. 4.97)

Here we have Jedward's last song to appear. A Eurovision smash! This came 8th in 2011, and it was so succesful for Ireland that Jedward were invited back to perform for the country again. It may have only scraped the top 40 in the UK, but this rightfully shot up to #1 in the Irish charts.

#112 | JLS - 'Love You More' (AVG. 5)

This came out when JLS were at the height of their popularity, and went straight in at number 1. Apart from Josh, who gives this 8.5, Buzzjack weren't huge fans, again.

#111 | Matt Cardle - 'Run for Your Life' (AVG. 5)

Here we have one of the only singles to chart by X Factor winner Matt Cardle. Another example of a season where the floppy X Factor audience vote for a dull male singer songwriter (Don't kill me Regina). It wasn't just the person in 2nd place that outperformed Matt, (Rebecca F) but also the act in 3rd (1D, obviously) and even the act in 4th (Cher Lloyd). This single is long but forgotten, but at least he tried. His music has since improved, but still doesn't make much of a mark on the public.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Apr 1 2016, 03:04 PM
Post #29
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
So agree with you on Billion Lights Joe, the first good song to fall as well for me!

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Apr 1 2016, 03:24 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Not big on any of those JLS tracks actually! Billion Lights is my least favourite single from them for sure, what a poor final single and their lowest peaking too! sad.gif

HGITW is quite catchy though, maybe their high pitched vocals weren't that great but LYM isn't bad either. Not a single I revisit as often as I'd like though!

Good to see Jedward finally out but I do like the Matt Cardle song.

This post has been edited by Ethan Bradberry: Apr 1 2016, 03:25 PM

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post Apr 1 2016, 05:27 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Don't mind Love Your More, or Billion Lights, but they are both quite forgettable against some of JLS's actually amazing singles.

Bye Jedward cry.gif laugh.gif

Couldn't stand Matt Cardle, I found him very bland, and very pitchy, but her screamed X-Factor winner, even though Rebecca was far more talented, and One Direction were commercially the better choice, but their careers haven't done too badly ever since, so no harm no foul laugh.gif

+Quote this post
post Apr 1 2016, 05:29 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I was going to post Black Magic at #110 as April Fools but I didn't get in there in time :'(

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post Apr 1 2016, 08:13 PM
Post #33
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835
Bye bye all those JLS songs good riddance cheer.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 3 2016, 04:03 PM
Post #34
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042
#110 | Shayne Ward - 'Stand By Me' (AVG. 5.02)

Up next we have the second series winner with his 3rd single, 'Stand By Me'. Taken from his self titled debut album and it charted at #14 and lasted just 4 weeks inside the UK top 75! I truly believe it was this song that stalled his career up until he released 'No U Hang Up'! He really should've released that song that was used as the 'Hollyoaks In The City' (?) theme! Would've been a nice change of pace from his first two singles and then this could've served as a 4th single/performed on series 3 of XF!

#109 | Little Mix - 'Word Up!' (AVG. 5.08)

I believe this is the highest placed X Factor charity single in this rate (yay - go Little Mix etc..). I find it incredibly fun and it should've at least had similar success to The Saturdays' Comic Relief single, but I do get why it is frowned upon and forgotten. Alas, it was not to be as it debuted at #6 and fell straight out the chart a few weeks later. Thankfully though, they managed to turn things around by releasing 'Salute' & then the pop opus 'Black Magic'!

#108 | JLS - 'Do You Feel What I Feel?' (AVG. 5.16)

Here we have yet another JLS entry and this time it's the really bad and dreadfully bland, 'Do You Feel What I Feel?'. The sample is horrendous.

#107 | Shayne Ward - 'Gotta Be Somebody' (AVG. 5.2)

In 2010, Shayne announced that he was returning to music after 3 years (or so) out. Then he delivered us this cover of the Nickleback classic, 'Gotta Be Somebody'. His version is EXTREMELY "of it's time"... but I actually really like it. I get what he was trying to do (even if it did fail on it's arse!). Oh Shayne... there's still hope for him to become huge, right? RIGHT? sad.gif

#106 | Olly Murs - 'Army Of Two' (AVG. 5.2)

At #106 we have one of the most successful artists to come from The X Factor, Olly Murs. 'Army Of Two' was a single he had written for his fans. It's just a shame that the song itself, although "decent" in an album track sort of way, fell completely flat as a standalone song and single. The chorus really lacks the oompf that the message is trying to serve, imo. Ah well, thankfully he has plenty more good stuff to come!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 3 2016, 04:26 PM
Post #35
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
User: 5,042
#105 | Olly Murs - 'Hand On Heart' (AVG. 5.3)

One after the other as we now see another Olly Murs single miss the top 100. This time it's the 4th single from 'Right Place, Right Time'. Such a misfire! Especially coming after the incredibly successful 'Dear Darlin''! That song seemed to bring him a new audience, but then in one fell swoop, he managed to undo it all by releasing the incredibly bland and MOR 'Hand On Heart'! It's always been the worst on that album! RPRT should've been 4th single with 'What A Buzz' as the 5th.

#104 | Lucy Spraggan - 'Lighthouse' (AVG. 5.3)

Here, we have one of the XF's most unique contestants. Some cited her as a credibility to the show, but I was never really a fan tbh. I just think Kate Nash and Lily Allen do what she tried to do to a much better effect!

#103 | Olly Murs - 'Heart On My Sleeve' (AVG. 5.47)

You see my review of 'Hand On Heart'? Read a similar thing about this. It pained me to see this was chosen as a single over 'Busy'! drama.gif That would've fared much better as a single in HOMS position.

#102 | Lucy Spraggan - 'Last Night (Beer Fear)' (AVG. 5.52)

Here we have the song that Lucy auditioned with and received pretty much unanimous praise. It's catchy, but that's all. As you know, I wasn't a fan in the first place so....

#101 | One Direction - 'Midnight Memories' (AVG. 5.52)

And finally, before heading into the top 100, we say goodbye to X Factors biggest flops, One Direction. "Who?" IKR? Anyway, they tried to steal the limelight with this song. It failed and flopped and they never made it big... (but seriously, this is one of their better singles! Under appreciated!)

+Quote this post
post Apr 3 2016, 04:28 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I listened to Word Up recently and it's so much better than I remember from the time. But it's place is expected, it'd still weaker than most of their singles.

+Quote this post
post Apr 3 2016, 04:32 PM
Post #37
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Poor Lucy having her song taken down mid week so it couldn't chart top 10!

Midnight Memories is awful and should be lower then Teenage Kicks and Gotta Be You.

Guest host Joseph will be doing the next commentary!

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post Apr 3 2016, 04:45 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Can't say I'm sad to see any of them leave. Do Like Midnight Memories, and don't dislike Word Up, they rank low in their singles, and Joe is right, Midnight Memories (and Word Up tbf) should have definitely ranked below One Way or Another, but hey ho

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post Apr 3 2016, 05:03 PM
Post #39
Group icon
DYFWIF is amazing though wub.gif music.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Apr 3 2016, 09:07 PM
Post #40
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
User: 13,530
Last Night (Beer Fear) is way too low! As is Midnight Memories but 1D being low on rates is sadly par for the course on Buzzjack.

+Quote this post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:30 AM