BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Drag Race // Season 13 // Episode 10
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J00prstar
post 12th March 2021, 05:16 PM
Post #1
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895
The queens have to do makeovers... on each other.

Will they be judged in pairs or singles? Are we returning to double wins after the season's already given us double shantays? Will we have another robbed queen? Find out in this week's episode wink.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
calxyum
post 12th March 2021, 05:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,799
A friend has made me privy to the outcome of this episode... we’ll just leave it at that shall we...

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 12th March 2021, 07:09 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I’ve seen screenshots and truly believe we’re seeing one of the worst makeovers ever laugh.gif One particular makeover I mean not like the challenge as a whole

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 12th March 2021, 07:13 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Seriously feels like interest in this season is at a record low!

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 12th March 2021, 07:34 PM
Post #5
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
QUOTE(J00prstar @ Mar 12 2021, 07:13 PM) *
Seriously feels like interest in this season is at a record low!

I really feel like running two competitive seasons side by side was a bad move! Not much choice thanks to COVID but S13 is just not it in comparison to any recent seasons we've had! The length of it has really stopped people caring much about it imo!

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 13th March 2021, 02:31 AM
Post #6
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
not TWO repeat lipsync songs this season??? are we really running out of lipsync songs?

both original lipsyncs were better too- Coco and Shannel

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 13th March 2021, 08:32 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
I think I’m done with this season

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 13th March 2021, 08:41 AM
Post #8
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
The judging is shocking. I would have put Kandy and Gotmik in the bottom because I didn't like either look and was really messy. I don't get the praise?

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 13th March 2021, 09:03 AM
Post #9
Group icon
Shitshow. I had to fast forward through the scripted critiques. The show has jumped the shark for me.

I'll probably keep watching for Rosé or I might just look up spoilers at this point because I don't care about any of the other queens.

Just shows that production are not at all on the same page as fans these days. No queen has gone down as well as Denali or Tamisha. Symone and Rosé a distant third and fourth. Utica good but overlooked. Olivia...is ok I guess.

Also once again chopping one of the porkchop queens. Real tension buildong... /s

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 13th March 2021, 10:18 AM
Post #10
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
I hate to say it but Denali and Olivia kinda deserve the bottom imo, I love love love Denali though and for me the bullshit is that she went home on what was mostly Olivia's mistakes. Olivia's work on Denali was CRIMINAL, the makeup was awful and actually really unflattering plus nothing about the look or presentation (the latter falls on Denali too to be fair) gave me Olivia. On the flipside, with Denali's look for Olivia you instantly got Denali and really the only thing was the makeup. With Tina and Rosé , both instantly read as each other, pretty basic but if you're gonna critique them for being basic, then Denali's look on Olivia is guilty of the same. Personally I thought the outfit Tina put Rosé in was really ugly but then... that's Tina's style whistle.gif I do think for what they asked, Denali put Olivia in her style and had a lot of the hallmarks, then suddenly they go "oh but it's basic"? It was a tough one, but basic in a makeover I don't think is really that bad because look what Priyanka and Cracker won with for example. If you mould the other person into you, and it's not hideous, then it's not a fail in my eyes, but the makeup let Denali down. I couldn't criticise Olivia for hers and let Denali off. Olivia did win the lipsync imo sadly, so I don't think the decisions made in the episode were bullshit but the circumstances were. It's really left a bitter taste though that someone as great as Denali has gone because of what somebody else did, and I'd MUCH rather have Denali still there than Olivia, it feels like Olivia won her two challenges and then decided she has nothing left to give whereas you feel like Denali was just taking off sad.gif She's been one of my faves in a while and I think she could have pushed to the final so it's a real shame to see her go.

I also feel like focusing SO much on the "branding" of each queen on their partner given next week is a branding challenge was also unnecessary, on paper making over each other was great but I think with Covid they should have just not done a makeover and had an extra design challenge or something.

Symone and Utica definitely did the best, such different styles but each one made it work in a quintessentially Symone and Utica way, embodying each other and transforming totally. I liked Kandy and Mik too, they had the most work being the most drastically different in size but they did it, Kandy's make-up on Mik wasn't GREAT but I think they did well, enjoyed it and embodied each other.

+Quote this post
LouisL
post 13th March 2021, 10:23 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
I agree with the bottom 2 as well. The make up on both of them was pretty poor, and I think the reason Olivia was so recognisable as Denali is because Denali pretty much put her in entrance look but in blue instead of white (same hair as well).
Symome and Utica 100% deserved the win they both embodied each other so well

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 13th March 2021, 10:40 AM
Post #12
Group icon
I think personally I just don't like any of these queens that much, or maybe the editing isn't making any of them stand out.

Rose and Symone: overall competent with moments of being funny
Utica: kooky and caring for the community, but a bit odd
Olivia: background noise
Denali: my remaining fave, rip
Tina: just unpleasant and not funny
Kandy: a loudmouth and underwhelming
Mik: vanilla personified

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 13th March 2021, 10:46 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223
Denali was my absolute FAVE 😭😭😭

Olivia really did her dirty!!! I don't trust her and something is a little bit off about her imo. I think she would gladly throw any queen under the bus to do well.

Symone & Utica were amazing, they really ate that up and I'm so glad that Utica finally got a win!!

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 13th March 2021, 11:25 AM
Post #14
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
Olivia and Denali were the weakest pair for me too- I think as much as people are saying Olivia was the weaker of the two (which I do think is true)- Denali’s make-up and wig-line wasn’t great either :/

I also don’t get how people are saying Denali lost the lipsync cos she was in a gown- it’s a brilliant song for a gown- in fact Shannel killed this song in a gown 12 seasons ago!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 13th March 2021, 11:29 AM
Post #15
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316
This season is the biggest shitshow ever, like seriously

Yes Denali and Olivia were the weakest pair overall, but Denali did a great job (face aside) of making Olivia quintessentially Denali, I thought. Meanwhile Olivia is over here making Denali look like god knows what and survives? ok

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 13th March 2021, 11:43 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214
I am so disappointed with this outcome

For me this should have been judged individually - with Tina and Olivia bottom 2

Rose did the best she could but Tina is just a weak drag queen so it was never going to look amazing. Rose did make Tina look better, which straight away is a sign that Tina is out of her depth

Denali was punished for Olivia’s mistake. Yes Olivia looked basic, but you still got Denali from it

Loved Utica’s look and I completely understand why she was nervous. As a pair they were comfortable winners

Gottmik did well as expected and Kandy did enough to get through. I did not agree that her response to Denali showed a positive trait - I thought it was predictable and aggressive....

+Quote this post
calxyum
post 13th March 2021, 12:10 PM
Post #17
Group icon
my caviar brings all the lords to the court~
User: 20,799
Denali was one of my faves this season so it’s sad to see her sashay away, but she deserved it based on the challenge honestly. She did just an OK job on Olivia (I agree that Olivia did worse), and then she lost the lipsync, and that’s how the competition works.

Symone and Utica ATE the runway and completely deserved the win. Kandy and Mik also did a great job. I’m enjoying Tina a lot more lately, and Rosé is obviously great and a real contender despite not doing an exceptional job in this particular challenge.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 13th March 2021, 12:18 PM
Post #18
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
I REALLY warmed to Rose this episode as I haven’t had her on my radar at all yet so that was good to see too!

+Quote this post
ElectroBoy
post 13th March 2021, 12:41 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,002
Drag Race UK Shanty you stay

Drag Race US sashay away

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 13th March 2021, 02:07 PM
Post #20
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421
See I thought this one of the better episodes so far? I agreed with nearly all the judging and thought the episode was good! I like when they have lots of time in the workroom so we get to know them a bit better and see the queens interact! I thought they were gonna go for a Gottmik/Kandy win for storyline purposes and to get a first win for the latter, but glad to see Symone and Utica won as you knew exactly how each queen was and they had a difficult barrier to overcome. Both pairings did very well though!

Olivia ultimately did the worst but the more and more I looked at Denali's makeup on Olivia I realised that wasn't too great either. The lipsync was very close but I did feel Denali was at a disadvantage because of the gown, coupled with the track records so far I kinda knew it was her time to go. Shame as I thought she was great but can't be totally mad with it.

So happy Utica won though!! I thought she was destined to go after her last few weeks but excellent to see her completely rip up the rule book! And glad that Symone is now in front again for wins!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:28 AM