BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Drag Race UK // Season 2 // Episode 10, THE GRAND FINALE
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Calum
post 19th March 2021, 01:51 PM
Post #81
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

I don’t get the argument ‘if it hadn’t been for the break...’ etc. Fact is there was a break, and Bimini absolutely brought her A game when they returned, whereas Lawrence was in his head, ended up going on a downward trajectory, and blamed his shortcomings on other people.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 19th March 2021, 01:59 PM
Post #82
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

I think the reason it feels so odd for a lot of people is just how much the edit was building towards a Bimini win, as well as Bimini being ahead on every metric that tends to decide a winner.

The second half of the season showed that Lawrence still has a lot of room for growth and development, whereas Bimini has been such a rocketship on an insane upward trajectory that of course people are going to be shocked when they didn't blast off.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 19th March 2021, 02:16 PM
Post #83
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

QUOTE(Calum @ Mar 19 2021, 01:51 PM) *
I don’t get the argument ‘if it hadn’t been for the break...’ etc.

Honestly lmaooo, if my grandma had wheels, she would have been a bike teas

+Quote this post
kye
post 19th March 2021, 03:05 PM
Post #84
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Mar 19 2021, 01:59 PM) *
I think the reason it feels so odd for a lot of people is just how much the edit was building towards a Bimini win, as well as Bimini being ahead on every metric that tends to decide a winner.

The second half of the season showed that Lawrence still has a lot of room for growth and development, whereas Bimini has been such a rocketship on an insane upward trajectory that of course people are going to be shocked when they didn't blast off.

now this i get. i understand how it can seem odd, i saw the edit + i thought a bimini win was coming. i'd accepted the 'inevitable' because i could see how both queens brought it.

i'm just really saddened to see some of the reactions + the discrediting of lawrence, that's not what the show is about. everyone gravitated towards bimini because she was such a ray of light + positivity so to see her supporters act this way has been a shame - i don't just mean on the forum.

taking a stand back + looking at the season overall, i think they tried to edit it so that bimini had their flaws at the beginning + showed lawrence's flaws at the end. it looked to me like they were trying to justify the storyline for both of them - how they're not perfect etc. i didn't agree with lawrence going off on ellie + never failing to stop going on about it. i don't think it's enough to discount his talent.

what's funniest to me is that, even though i wanted him to win last night, lawrence wasn't even my favourite - i stan a'whora laugh.gif

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 19th March 2021, 03:26 PM
Post #85
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Well all i have to say is even if i was team Bimini too, I am really actually happy with the winner, even if yes lawerence was in their head I don't think you can deny that they are a star just like bimini was. ��

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 19th March 2021, 03:44 PM
Post #86
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

QUOTE(#TeamCracker @ Mar 19 2021, 12:02 PM) *
Regardless of the winner, it wasn't a very entertaining finale, especially the performance. A Little Bit of Love is one of my fav Ru songs and they didn't really nail it. First of all, the audio was a bit out of sync for me, dunno if it's the ripped version I downloaded or not. Secondly, the choreo was SHIT and they had a professional choreographer on board, I mean it was almost as bad as the UK Hun choreo... Thirdly, Tayce clearly killed it, but of course they couldn't crown her... Lawrence did bad and now suddenly "it's the personality that matters", as if Bimini doesn't have one. As for the lipsync, what an ODD song to pick. CHOICES.

At the end of the day, there's no cash prize so it doesn't matter who won really, but I was very underwhelmed by the entire episode.

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 19th March 2021, 04:01 PM
Post #87
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,176

I agree Bimini was in an upward trajectory whereas Lawrence peaked very soon and then did wobble on quite a few weeks post break but they weren't ever bad. I think when people are talking about Bimini being weaker in the beginning (myself included) it's in reference to her runways more than the challenges, at least that's what I think of. Her looks weren't as polished as they were post break but she really worked hard whilst filming was paused whereas I think it's obvious Lawrence struggled being away from it. Perhaps if there wasn't a break he wouldn't have lost the same amount of momentum and Bimini might not even have got themselves together as much as they did but there was a break and it is how it is and I think people should remember the entire season, not just who was at their peak by the final. Like has been said before, if we were judging it on the final episode then Tayce is the winner laugh.gif It's also about what they're gonna go on to do after the show tho, a Lawrence series will be great as well (not that a Bimini one wouldn't be) because it will be a chance for personality to be at the forefront (Bimini also has the personality) which counts more imo than being able to fling yourself about the floor in a lipsync. Bimini is the whole package and I thought she was going to win too but Lawrence also is as well, I think the difference is Bimini has the "PMA" and the ability to not self-sabotage whereas that's something Lawrence is still navigating like so many other people so it's not something he should be discredited over. And yea the lineup drama put me off a bit even but that's one thing people make mistakes or react in the moment or feel a certain way for whatever reason but everyone moved past it eventually so

This post has been edited by Linds.: 19th March 2021, 04:02 PM

+Quote this post
p a v
post 19th March 2021, 04:40 PM
Post #88
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Oh so I wasn't the only one who thought the Finale performance wasn't that good. In fact here's a DM I sent while watching the episode: "It was kind of shit" laugh.gif It improved towards the end but the choreo was so lame and everything/everyone was wearing the same colour as the stage which just blurred into one big pile of pinky red. Tayce completely outshone everyone else and even Bimini struggled a little (the cone bra definitely didn't help).

I notice how these days they don't really show anyone's f*** ups in dance routines unless producers have that planned. There was maybe one shot of Lawrence being out of sync with a comment from Michelle that goes like "you made a couple of wrong steps but it's FINE you were still great omg" afterwards but that's it. Whilst Lawrence got a 'his performance must be terrible' edit last week with all those Beastenders takes but in the end he was really good. I'm so confused with the editing laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 19th March 2021, 05:19 PM
Post #89
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

Honestly the mixing on that song was horrendous you couldn't even hear anyone bar Tayce, she was the only one that really fit with the beat, Lawrence did a bit but the other two were really bad, especially Bimini but I feel like it's the fault of whoever put it together rather than their performances. Michelle must have had a print out of all their lyrics to use for her critiques because there's no chance she understood what they were saying laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Linds.: 19th March 2021, 05:19 PM

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 19th March 2021, 07:57 PM
Post #90
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Mar 19 2021, 05:44 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif IM SCREAMING laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 19th March 2021, 08:29 PM
Post #91
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Mar 19 2021, 03:44 PM) *

Oh.

My.

God.

😭😭😭😭😭😭

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 19th March 2021, 11:43 PM
Post #92
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

SCREAM rotf.gif

I thought my iPlayer stream had gone funny at first and was like oh whatever then the actual verses came in and they were mixed like a year 7 Garageband project, you could barely hear any of it and it's the same on the Spotify version, that definitely marred the final as an actual episode, I was just like oh well that's watch Tayce murder this out of sync anyway laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 20th March 2021, 12:56 AM
Post #93
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

Has anyone talked about how the final performance totally plagurised The Saturdays - Not Giving Up video... You know I had to throw that in here somewhere.

+Quote this post
kye
post 20th March 2021, 01:20 AM
Post #94
Group icon
• aesthetic party •
User: 2,169

QUOTE(Juliannnial @ Mar 20 2021, 12:56 AM) *
Has anyone talked about how the final performance totally plagurised The Saturdays - Not Giving Up video... You know I had to throw that in here somewhere.

literally! not them all being out of sync like the saturdays too laugh.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 20th March 2021, 01:33 AM
Post #95
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

The Saturdays wish they had a dancer even half as good as Tayce or Bimini

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post 20th March 2021, 02:35 PM
Post #96
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

QUOTE(kye @ Mar 20 2021, 01:20 AM) *
literally! not them all being out of sync like the saturdays too laugh.gif

QUOTE(J00prstar @ Mar 20 2021, 01:33 AM) *
The Saturdays wish they had a dancer even half as good as Tayce or Bimini

You're not wrong! heehee.gif

+Quote this post
Linds.
post 20th March 2021, 10:50 PM
Post #97
Group icon
laugh 'til we cry

Found a fixed version of the song on YouTube, it's so much better and actually Lawrence has the best verse now you can actually hear it laugh.gif

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 21st March 2021, 08:46 PM
Post #98
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

WE'RE UP FOR THE FINAL, DOLLS

Thank you for anyone who has supported and watched us during our first go at this wub.gif

+Quote this post
J00prstar
post 23rd March 2021, 12:59 AM
Post #99
Group icon
there's nothing straight about plump Elvis
Pronouns: they/any
User: 22,895

Really enjoyed the vid! x

+Quote this post