BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Drag Race // Season 13 // Episode 11
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 20th March 2021, 02:11 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

This week is the branding challenge as the queens invent and a film a commercial for their own soft drink that fits with their own brand. Will Utica stay out of the dreaded bottom 3 that she occupied a few times before her first win last week? Could Gottmik snatch a third win to match Symone, or could Tina finally get her first?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Travis
post 20th March 2021, 02:48 AM
Post #2
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135

I feel like the judges were a little harsh with the commercial critiques, but I do agree that Symone and Rose deserved the challenge win. I think Mik deserved to be in the bottom more than Tina, but Mik's look was better so I can see why that saved her.

THAT LIPSYNC! I was convinced that they were gonna keep Tina (despite the fact that I love Utica), so when Utica won it, my jaw DROPPED. Not all that sad to see Tina go, though, because she's been getting on my nerves for weeks now personally.

+Quote this post
Ramz
post 20th March 2021, 02:49 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 12,044

Looks like they’re doubling down on the Kandy show based on the first act...tbh I can see Ru living for Kandy regardless what she does and handing her the win this week to validate her still being here. I don’t really understand what Kandy’s brand is other than being loud but Ru lives for it for whatever reason.

+Quote this post
Ramz
post 20th March 2021, 08:24 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

I feel bad for Tina, she was thrown under the bus to save Gotmik who had the clear worst advert along with Utica. It’s a shame they obviously have so little faith in Gottmik’s lipsync skills to even let her try it out but considering Utica’s turning into a surprise lipsync assassin maybe they have a point...

Very deserved double win for Symone and Rosé, both adverts were so good! I think I preferred Symone’s ever so slightly though wasn’t mad on her outfit, I thought she was a horse at first. With Rosé I honestly thought they were setting her up to fall flat on her face with the edit and her concept but was so glad to be proved wrong. Also more screen time for Jan is a win!!

How Kandy wasn’t crucified for that outfit was ridiculous, it’s honestly the worst thing I’ve ever seen on the runway and yet it was laughed off?! I didn’t find her commercial funny either and thought she looked awful in that too. It’s a shame as I was finally starting to warm to her during the episode but I’ll never be able to root for her when production continue to drag her through the competition.

Loved the lipsync, both turned it out so well I’d have saved both had they not wasted that already. I think this is a bout the right time for Tina to leave so I’m not mad at it but similar to last week it’s a shame she was put in the bottom ahead of weaker performances.

Also the really winner of that challenge was Bryce, you can’t convince me otherwise.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 20th March 2021, 09:49 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

Utica murdered that lipsynch. Tina did well too, but they've already done way too many double saves at this point. It was just the usual high energy stuff I guess while Utica actually performed the lyrics.

And yeah, they totally saved Gottmik this week; as Ru said irony is really hard to portray in 45 seconds and you usually have to spell it out to the audience.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 20th March 2021, 10:09 AM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

They need to put Utica out of her misery when they clearly don’t like anything she does — unless she’s Symone

+Quote this post
tommie
post 20th March 2021, 10:25 AM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Mar 20 2021, 11:09 AM) *
They need to put Utica out of her misery when they clearly don’t like anything she does — unless she’s Symone

True, I fully expected that they'd keep Tina Burner, but I guess the lipsynch just was simply too good for that and there was no more double-saves to fall back on since they need to cull. It wouldn't surprise me if they have a surprise double - or even triple - elimination as I assume they only have one "regular" episode left, the obligatory reunion and the finale. I could see Utica just getting culled out with a handwave from Ru lol.

This post has been edited by tommie: 20th March 2021, 10:27 AM

+Quote this post
Ramz
post 20th March 2021, 10:30 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(tommie @ Mar 20 2021, 10:25 AM) *
True, I fully expected that they'd keep Tina Burner, but I guess the lipsynch just was simply too good for that and there was no more double-saves to fall back on since they need to cull. It wouldn't surprise me if they have a surprise double - or even triple - elimination as I assume they only have one "regular" episode left, the obligatory reunion and the finale. I could see Utica just getting culled out with a handwave from Ru lol.

It’s a longer season, still like 5 episodes left ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
tommie
post 20th March 2021, 10:33 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Ramz @ Mar 20 2021, 11:30 AM) *
It’s a longer season, still like 5 episodes left ohmy.gif

I heard that there were just the regular fourteen, so I'm unsure tbh. They obviously had the 'rona special which made this season stretch even longer.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 20th March 2021, 10:46 AM
Post #10
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047

I don’t think Utica deserved that bottom 2 placement at all? I think Tina definitely had the weakest advert but would have put one of Mik or Kandy in the bottom with her.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 20th March 2021, 10:47 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(George.keh @ Mar 20 2021, 11:46 AM) *
I don’t think Utica deserved that bottom 2 placement at all? I think Tina definitely had the weakest advert but would have put one of Mik or Kandy in the bottom with her.

Kandy in the bottom was never going to happen because it seems like she's one of Ru's obsessions this season laugh.gif I can't see Kandy beating out Tina or Utica in a lipsynch to be honest, even with winning two.

This post has been edited by tommie: 20th March 2021, 10:49 AM

+Quote this post
McAndrew
post 20th March 2021, 11:52 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,551

Kandy not being read for those runway and commercial looks is absurd.

They were basically those halloween body suit things. Lazy and redundant.

Tina got treated dirty this ep. Everything she did was fairly decent. Especially the lipsync.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 20th March 2021, 12:05 PM
Post #13
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

QUOTE(McAndrew @ Mar 20 2021, 11:52 AM) *
Kandy not being read for those runway and commercial looks is absurd.

They were basically those halloween body suit things. Lazy and redundant.

Tina got treated dirty this ep. Everything she did was fairly decent. Especially the lipsync.

Disagree oops. The advert for me was without a doubt the weakest there and she came across SO desperate in the lipsync :/ I think it was possibly her strongest runway however- I did enjoy it!

+Quote this post
p a v
post 20th March 2021, 12:23 PM
Post #14
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Mar 20 2021, 01:09 PM) *

!!!

+Quote this post
Calum
post 20th March 2021, 12:26 PM
Post #15
Group icon
nabad
Pronouns: he/him
User: 18,316

A shame for Tina as I do think that was her strongest runway to date (thank GOD we escaped the red/orange/yellow combo for that part of the episode at least), and her commercial wasn't as bad as Utica's or Gottmik's, who was the clear worst by a mile.

I do feel like it's the end of the road for Utica next week though, even if I'd love to see her top 4 or 5.

+Quote this post
Ramz
post 20th March 2021, 12:27 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular

QUOTE(George.keh @ Mar 20 2021, 12:05 PM) *
Disagree oops. The advert for me was without a doubt the weakest there and she came across SO desperate in the lipsync :/ I think it was possibly her strongest runway however- I did enjoy it!

The advert might have been nothing amazing but it was at least branded well which was the challenge. The judges could have easily gave Tina great critiques had they not decided she was going hole this week.

+Quote this post
Herbs
post 20th March 2021, 12:29 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 214

A very interesting episode - a very clear top 2 and glad they gave Rose the win as well - although I don’t think Symone’s runway look was as good as they made out (and I am obsessed with foxes)

I am getting so bored of Kandy being Kandy and getting praised for it - no versatility at all. And I really wanted them to tell Kandy you’re safe but your runway needs to be better

The bottom 4 was also clear - Olivia, Tina (same advert as Sherry’s basically), Utica and Gottmik

I would have put Tina and Olivia in the bottom 2, although it really could have been any of them

Glad Tina has gone, even though for me she won the lip sync in the first 30 seconds of it. Utica does have more to offer so hopefully she can avoid another lip sync next week (or not as the preview would suggest)

Definitely backing Rose for the win - she brings intelligence and art to her performances, and finally a runway outfit that was killer. Symone is effortlessly good, and they are the clear top 2 for me

+Quote this post
tommie
post 20th March 2021, 12:32 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Herbs @ Mar 20 2021, 01:29 PM) *
A very interesting episode - a very clear top 2 and glad they gave Rose the win as well - although I don’t think Symone’s runway look was as good as they made out (and I am obsessed with foxes)

Symone's just kind of looked like a blinged up furry suit with a hole made so the face could be seen. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't very creative either. But whatever weaknesses with the runway drag was made up by that commercial to be fair.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 20th March 2021, 01:43 PM
Post #19
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I'm so happy with the double win, Rosé and Symone both absolutely killed it. I SCREAMED at Rosé's little dig at her outfits "no... it isn't" rotf.gif Plus I loved seeing her open up, let her guard down a bit and realise that she can make fun of herself. Symone just hit it SO right, the way she has her weird sense of humour but hits a home run so that everyone understands it, she thinks about everything she says and how it comes across, but not in a calculated way, she's always so natural at at ease. I honestly couldn't have separated it, so I'm glad they both won. I thought Symone's runway was great, you don't expect anyone to come out in a fursuit on Drag Race but Symone just does it anyway and whilst she always surprises, every single time she's there, it feels like exactly what she should be doing, she's so clever.

I can't believe I'm saying this about Tina of all people, but she was kinda done dirty? I don't think her advert was *amazing* but at least she tried and had an idea with jokes, plus her runway was her best easily, actually a surprise from Tina on the runway! And I know she does rest on her red and orange flames but it was a branding challenge, so ofcourse she'd include that... It was a pretty weak challenge imo so whilst she didn't smash it, by NO means was she worse than some others. I thought the won the lipsync too, I'm not too mada since I didn't like her much, but I don't think she should have been bottom 2 in the first place based on that challenge.

I thought Olivia was the worst actually, ZERO jokes and whilst she did kind of have a concept, there was absolutely nothing to it, you got nothing of who she is from it. I think the judges are right, she doesn't really have a brand or know who she is just yet, that's clear from this and the makeover. Kandy was... ok I guess but she rested on her personality, there wasn't a lot to the advert so it felt like she knew her personality would win the judges over no matter what, which is fine, at least she was vaguely funny I suppose which is more than can be said for Olivia. Plus her runway was genuinely hideous... And it's a shame that production pushing her is ruining her for me, when you just look at Kandy herself I think she is entertaining, likeable, and the more she opens up, the more I understand and feel for her. She has enough going for her I think to stand out in the episodes anyway, without production pushing her and making it look like she's doing better than she is. In saying that, she probably should hav gone in the Rusical.

I'd have put Gottmik in the bottom with Olivia, I could see what she was trying to do but it just wasn't executed well, it was very one-note. Utica's ad I thought kinda captured the essence of Utica, you don't quite know what she's doing, you're don't know what you're looking it, but you love her for it anyway laugh.gif Very wacky and odd, at least she knew what she wanted to do and did it.

+Quote this post
George.keh
post 20th March 2021, 03:12 PM
Post #20
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh

I’d have it as-

Win- Symone & Rose
High- Olivia (I SAID what i SAID)
Safe- Utica