BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Britney donating $125,000 to her home states flood relief., On Ellen! Video inside.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tyler
post Sep 9 2016, 05:11 PM
Post #1
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

Britney Spears is helping her home state get through one of the worst natural disasters in the U.S. since 2012’s Hurricane Sandy.

Britney and Ellen teamed up for a funny skit trolling an L.A. mall earlier this week, but they're taking a more serious approach to their next stint together. The Glory singer announced during a new appearance on the talk show she's donating $125,000 to help in relief aid, and is encouraging her fans to contribute as well. Ellen revealed later she'd match that.

In a new clip, Ellen opens up about why the cause is dear to her: “Britney and I, I don’t know if everyone knows this, are both from Louisiana, and we are both heartbroken over everything that’s going on with the flooding. 100,000 homes have been damaged, thousands of people need help, and thousands of animals are in rescue shelters,” Ellen said.

Britney added:

“I’m happy to announce that today I’m donating $125,000 to provide this emergency relief vehicle for the Red Cross to my home state of Louisiana.”
Afterward, Ellen brings on two women from Galvez Middle School whose whole lives were affected.

In addition to her donation on Ellen, Britney's worked hard in recent weeks to give back. She used her social media presence several times to promote the cause, as well as auctioning off the outfit she wore at the VMAs and donating the proceeds to the Red Cross.

-Exhale
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tyler
post Sep 9 2016, 05:12 PM
Post #2
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

What a class act wub.gif

+Quote this post
London
post Sep 9 2016, 05:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon
London Boy
User: 21,053
She seems to do more for charity than lots of other celebs. Another reason I love her so. Good for her.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 11 2016, 09:01 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
Amazing! wub.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:07 AM