BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> The lovely discussion of all things EU and/or Brexit, Part IV
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Popchartfreak
post 20th July 2018, 08:49 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

Yes that one, the Brexit deal she just challenged the EU to come up with a workable plan. She hasnt quite realised, poor dear, that the EU's plan that they have to come up with is largely on making sure there is a hard border in Ireland and all of it's ports if No Deal is the only UK deal that they are prepared to not agree to. The EU IS the internal market, you are either in it, or pay to be in it, or you are out of it and agree to some sort of limited access over a period of years with very specific dotting of the "i's and "t"s.

Rees-Mogg meanwhile, with no actual discussion having taken place, has referred to the EU as a "mafia". If that were even remotely true he would by now have been found hog-tied in a ditch with a bullet through his weasel-eyes. I mean the only place he can take the slander now once negotiations start is to call them the spawn of Satan, and Hitler's children. Pretty sure Satan is more involved in lies and perverting the truth and getting people hooked on lethal drugs. Like cigarettes. You know, like Mogg sells, both fags and lies as his business is set up in Dublin looking pretty because he wants the rest of us to be f***ed while his bank balance stays healthy. Resign form all your EU based businesses or shut up you effing hypocrite because we know everything that comes out your mouth is propaganda and lies.

Lots of love wub.gif

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Silas
post 20th July 2018, 09:24 PM
Post #42
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 20 2018, 07:40 AM) *
But do we have exactly the same scope to alter them at will, as we did before we joined, that's my point?

Actually, the UK did not apply Value Added Tax until 1st April 1973, 4 months after we joined the EEC. So we've never had a sales tax regime outside of our EEC/EU membership.

VAT replaced a Purchase Tax that had been in operation since 1940 and is not directly comparable as they operate in very fundamentally different ways.

And we can alter our rates whenever the f*** we want. For example when Labour dropped the VAT rate to 15% a decade ago for the tory f***s to restore it to 17.5% then raise it to 20%. I fail to believe that Labour's attack that noted cuntrag Osbourne would raise VAT to 22.5% if the tories won the 2015 election passed you by.

In fact a lot of VAT rate tinkering has gone on over the years with most governments moving things between bands or adjusting the rates. Our Reduced Rate was initially 8%, it's now 5%. Also domestic power used to be zero rated until the Tories charged it at 8% and planned to standard rate it. Once a zero rate is gone it can never return (explicitly agreed to by the UK. Sixth Directive is very clear, any changes to EU VAT law is carried unanimously. One hold out and it doth not become law)

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 20th July 2018, 10:41 PM
Post #43
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed
User: 18,639

Why is it so complicated?

Also:

More calls for the referendum to be annulled due to the blatant cheating

https://jondanzig.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-...nulled.html?m=1

Personally, I would have had it cancelled the second the ultra right terrorist attack cost an MP her life, or when they started using Nazi propaganda posters. But anulling it after the fact will do too. Quite possibly the worst campaign ever conducted in the history of modern democracy in this country, rivalled only by the Tory and their attack dog media smears and dog whistles and lies of the 2017 general election.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 21st July 2018, 05:35 AM
Post #44
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(Queef of Skreech @ Jul 20 2018, 11:41 PM) *
Why is it so complicated?

Also:

More calls for the referendum to be annulled due to the blatant cheating

https://jondanzig.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-...nulled.html?m=1

Personally, I would have had it cancelled the second the ultra right terrorist attack cost an MP her life, or when they started using Nazi propaganda posters. But anulling it after the fact will do too. Quite possibly the worst campaign ever conducted in the history of modern democracy in this country, rivalled only by the Tory and their attack dog media smears and dog whistles and lies of the 2017 general election.

You do realise that that would have had exactly the opposite effect to the one intended? It would have massively strengthened UKIP, eventually allowing them to take enough seats to hold the balance of power in a hung parliament, and forcing their coalition partners to hold a referendum *anyway*?

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 21st July 2018, 09:12 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 21 2018, 06:35 AM) *
You do realise that that would have had exactly the opposite effect to the one intended? It would have massively strengthened UKIP, eventually allowing them to take enough seats to hold the balance of power in a hung parliament, and forcing their coalition partners to hold a referendum *anyway*?

Hypothetically. No "would have" about it. One good story about Farage being paid off by Russians and it could all have collapsed. Julian Assange is due to be handed over to the British authorities if Russia Today is to be believed. In the case of a reasonable PM he could be questioned on his suspicious activities relating to Brexit & the US election, which in theory would have been Cameron still, who was against Brexit. That the BBC is still only paying lip service to the campaign illegality is annoying. They even had a stroppy organisor of it saying he stood by every action because the government did something not illegal sending out leaflets prior to the referendum. So a crime is alright if the ends justifies the means, apparently.

Meanwhile, here's a good summary of how marvellously Brexit is going, just as Leave.Eu promised it wouldn't go.

"@murrayf00te
Do I have this right: May spent two years hunting for a plan, finally settled on a piss poor one that was unacceptable to EU, was bullied by ERG into making it even less acceptable and is now saying the EU need to accept a shambles they have consistently insisted is unacceptable?

James O'Brien
You missed out the bit where all of this somehow ceases to be true if we all just ‘believe’ more.James O'Brien added,"

Yes, somehow this whole mess is the fault of Remainers saying "I told you so" rather than Leavers saying "I don't give a f*** what I promised and lied about". Cue the next round which Mogg has opened up: Blame the EU for the UK's own mess even though they havent had any input in any of it.....

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 21st July 2018, 09:55 AM
Post #46
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 21 2018, 10:12 AM) *
Hypothetically. No "would have" about it. One good story about Farage being paid off by Russians and it could all have collapsed. Julian Assange is due to be handed over to the British authorities if Russia Today is to be believed. In the case of a reasonable PM he could be questioned on his suspicious activities relating to Brexit & the US election, which in theory would have been Cameron still, who was against Brexit. That the BBC is still only paying lip service to the campaign illegality is annoying. They even had a stroppy organisor of it saying he stood by every action because the government did something not illegal sending out leaflets prior to the referendum. So a crime is alright if the ends justifies the means, apparently.

The kind of total collapse you postulate seems unlikely, if for no other reason than we Eurosceptics aren't going to go away overnight. The EU itslef won't have changed, so all the issues people had with it, won't either.

The irony is, that the whole issue of Euroscepticism was so incredibly easy to tackle, if only politicians at various stages hadn't been so timid...

This post has been edited by vidcapper: 21st July 2018, 10:02 AM

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 21st July 2018, 04:47 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 21 2018, 10:55 AM) *
The kind of total collapse you postulate seems unlikely, if for no other reason than we Eurosceptics aren't going to go away overnight. The EU itslef won't have changed, so all the issues people had with it, won't either.

The irony is, that the whole issue of Euroscepticism was so incredibly easy to tackle, if only politicians at various stages hadn't been so timid...

Equally, pro-EU people numbers can only grow if the economy tanks after all the promises and the old folk die off leaving bitter young people who have to work till they are 70....

Most people weren't that fussed. UKIP support was high, historically, but it wasn't half the population. The referendum persuaded them to vote for it, but they weren't going around angry about it, or bothered more than a "tut tut bendy bananas whatever next, tch" sort of way, and were more than anything convinced by the NHS bus promise and promises that we'd be better off and it would all be sorted in a year.

If that wasn't the case there would have been no need to lie, and they could have said it would be split-Tory, split-Labour, split-country shitshow with a very Hard Brexit indeed the likely outcome and a border at Northern Ireland, and Banking ad industry generally reduced. Then if people still wanted to vote for it to stop EU citizens and have them replaced by an increase in non-EU workers we would all have no illusions about it and everything would be in harmony.

Again, you are making assumptions that everyone who voted Leave feels exactly the same as you about principles over personal economic well-being and they don't. You don't speak for 17.4 million people, you can only claim to speak for some unspecified number of people who feel the same as you.

Euroscepticism could have been sorted if we had a law about not spreading lies and propaganda.

Hi to Boris! banana.gif

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 21st July 2018, 05:03 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 21 2018, 05:47 PM) *
Equally, pro-EU people numbers can only grow if the economy tanks after all the promises and the old folk die off leaving bitter young people who have to work till they are 70....

Most people weren't that fussed. UKIP support was high, historically, but it wasn't half the population. The referendum persuaded them to vote for it, but they weren't going around angry about it, or bothered more than a "tut tut bendy bananas whatever next, tch" sort of way, and were more than anything convinced by the NHS bus promise and promises that we'd be better off and it would all be sorted in a year.

If that wasn't the case there would have been no need to lie, and they could have said it would be split-Tory, split-Labour, split-country shitshow with a very Hard Brexit indeed the likely outcome and a border at Northern Ireland, and Banking ad industry generally reduced. Then if people still wanted to vote for it to stop EU citizens and have them replaced by an increase in non-EU workers we would all have no illusions about it and everything would be in harmony.

Again, you are making assumptions that everyone who voted Leave feels exactly the same as you about principles over personal economic well-being and they don't. You don't speak for 17.4 million people, you can only claim to speak for some unspecified number of people who feel the same as you.

Euroscepticism could have been sorted if we had a law about not spreading lies and propaganda.

Hi to Boris! banana.gif

If you listened to Davey Davy (not something I'd recommend) you could be forgiven for thinking it would all be sorted over the weekend after the referendum.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 22nd July 2018, 05:45 AM
Post #49
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 21 2018, 05:47 PM) *

That was going to happen anyway - an aging population necessitates it.

You really seem to believe we are all the sort of naive dupes who'd fall for that crap.

For me, the naivety is in believing that the EU will still pull together if there was a crisis as severe as,say, the 1929 Wall St crash. Even now cracks are starting to show.

ON the contrary, I've never claimed to speak for all Leavers, I'm just treated here as though I am.

That has to be one of the most sinister things you've ever said - only totalitarians smear their opponents opinions as 'lies & propaganda' and pass laws to prevent the expression of them. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 22nd July 2018, 08:44 AM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 22 2018, 06:45 AM) *
That was going to happen anyway - an aging population necessitates it.

You really seem to believe we are all the sort of naive dupes who'd fall for that crap.

For me, the naivety is in believing that the EU will still pull together if there was a crisis as severe as,say, the 1929 Wall St crash. Even now cracks are starting to show.
ON the contrary, I've never claimed to speak for all Leavers, I'm just treated here as though I am.
That has to be one of the most sinister things you've ever said - only totalitarians smear their opponents opinions as 'lies & propaganda' and pass laws to prevent the expression of them. ohmy.gif

1. Other Western countries dont work till 70, even with ageing populations. And you're ignoring the key point.

2. Who is this "we". I clearly made it clear SOME people are very angry Brexiters, but not all are, and yes some people are very stupid and believe any old crap that comes up in headlines. If they weren't there would be no need for lies made up about bendy bananas, plain boring facts would be enough. Having just said that I am blaming you for all things Brexit, you again try to hijack yourself as the self-appointed representative of all 17.4m Brexit voters. You aren't. You never will be. Nobody in the whole wide world can speak on behalf of 17.4m people who voted for all sorts of reasons. The latest poll suggests around one-third are so pissed off they want a Hard Brexit (which is a new thing that wasnt in the referendum) and one-third now want to remain in the EU. With presumably one-third unsure one way or the other, including being favour or not in favour of the May version of Brexit.

The EU is having difficulties because it is under attack from people like you trying to slag it off at every opportunity and undermine with help from far-right groups and the Russians. Everything you say is pure speculation and based on nothing. Everything politically in the West going on is as a result of the Banking crisis which came about because of unbridled conservatism and belief in self-regulating mega-corporations. Even the USA had a major depression which led to social policies because the 1929 crash was a massive world-wide catastrophe. No political system came out of it unscathed and Nazis and World War 2 followed. Mutual support is a much better system than letting whatever shit happens, happen. The UK wasn't in the EU in 1929. Guess what? Events then and from the War absolutely wrecked the British Empire. So, even having an Empire, and not being in the EU, did absolutely nothing for the UK when faced with the scale of those problems. As I recall, and contrary to Little Englanders views, the world pulled through it by mutual co-operation against forces of chaos, murder, and conquest.

3. You LITERALLY just did try and speak for 17.4m people again in the same reply.

4. No, totalitarianism is all about propaganda and controlling the media. I'm not talking about "smears" I'm talking about the current media obsession with giving equal weight to blatant lies, provable lies, and utter lies, and treating it as if saying a lie is a fact because some dick wants to brainwash people with lies makes it a fact. It is the exact opposite of what you claim. I want to remove all lies from news. You can have "Opinion" and you can have "fact". Trying to pass one off as fact is propaganda because it's a lie. Do you not understand the concept of "Facts"? I know that's a rhetoric question from someone that has applauded lies and propaganda to get their own way in a referendum, so I'll just say I've been consistently speaking up against totalitarianism and propaganda and you haven't. You can't have it both ways. You believe in truth or you believe in propaganda, not a bit of each depending on when it suits your point of view and whether you get what you want or not. That is called hypocrisy and is someone bleating about something they actually want - which is to shut up people who don't hold the same view as you. I just want the rich private moguls to stop having the power to lie to us, and that includes all government-controlled media. Once the truth is lost, so is democracy.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 22nd July 2018, 09:53 AM
Post #51
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 22 2018, 09:44 AM) *
1. Other Western countries dont work till 70, even with ageing populations. And you're ignoring the key point.

2. Who is this "we". I clearly made it clear SOME people are very angry Brexiters, but not all are, and yes some people are very stupid and believe any old crap that comes up in headlines. If they weren't there would be no need for lies made up about bendy bananas, plain boring facts would be enough. Having just said that I am blaming you for all things Brexit, you again try to hijack yourself as the self-appointed representative of all 17.4m Brexit voters. You aren't. You never will be. Nobody in the whole wide world can speak on behalf of 17.4m people who voted for all sorts of reasons. The latest poll suggests around one-third are so pissed off they want a Hard Brexit (which is a new thing that wasnt in the referendum) and one-third now want to remain in the EU. With presumably one-third unsure one way or the other, including being favour or not in favour of the May version of Brexit.

The EU is having difficulties because it is under attack from people like you trying to slag it off at every opportunity and undermine with help from far-right groups and the Russians. Everything you say is pure speculation and based on nothing. Everything politically in the West going on is as a result of the Banking crisis which came about because of unbridled conservatism and belief in self-regulating mega-corporations. Even the USA had a major depression which led to social policies because the 1929 crash was a massive world-wide catastrophe. No political system came out of it unscathed and Nazis and World War 2 followed. Mutual support is a much better system than letting whatever shit happens, happen. The UK wasn't in the EU in 1929. Guess what? Events then and from the War absolutely wrecked the British Empire. So, even having an Empire, and not being in the EU, did absolutely nothing for the UK when faced with the scale of those problems. As I recall, and contrary to Little Englanders views, the world pulled through it by mutual co-operation against forces of chaos, murder, and conquest.

3. You LITERALLY just did try and speak for 17.4m people again in the same reply.

4. No, totalitarianism is all about propaganda and controlling the media. I'm not talking about "smears" I'm talking about the current media obsession with giving equal weight to blatant lies, provable lies, and utter lies, and treating it as if saying a lie is a fact because some dick wants to brainwash people with lies makes it a fact. It is the exact opposite of what you claim. I want to remove all lies from news. You can have "Opinion" and you can have "fact". Trying to pass one off as fact is propaganda because it's a lie. Do you not understand the concept of "Facts"? I know that's a rhetoric question from someone that has applauded lies and propaganda to get their own way in a referendum, so I'll just say I've been consistently speaking up against totalitarianism and propaganda and you haven't. You can't have it both ways. You believe in truth or you believe in propaganda, not a bit of each depending on when it suits your point of view and whether you get what you want or not. That is called hypocrisy and is someone bleating about something they actually want - which is to shut up people who don't hold the same view as you. I just want the rich private moguls to stop having the power to lie to us, and that includes all government-controlled media. Once the truth is lost, so is democracy.

How come, when you tell me regularly you have better things to do, you are on my case 24/7? Why can't we simply agree to disagree where Brexit is concerned, and move on?

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 22nd July 2018, 10:42 AM
Post #52
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

So the new excuse, thanks to Reese Smogg, is 'it will be better off in the long run - 50 years'. Ok then. So surely the youth vote should count and count MORE than anyone else's if it is a long term benefit thing? And the youth don't want it? Many were denied the franchise by the right wing Tories too? And nearly ALL the Brexiters will be dead by then?

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 22nd July 2018, 04:41 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 22 2018, 10:53 AM) *
How come, when you tell me regularly you have better things to do, you are on my case 24/7? Why can't we simply agree to disagree where Brexit is concerned, and move on?

Stop contradicting yourself, stop claiming you speak for 17.4m people, stop claiming I'm in favour of totalitaranism, and stop make hypotheses as if they were facts and we'll be fine. If anyone else was doing the same, regardless of who they are, including the effing Prime Minister I would be on their case.

As I have said, I comment frequently on the twitter accounts of those in power who also claim bullshit, so you have no need to feel victimised. I am exercising my right to free speech and correcting what I see as lies. Everyone is equally free to comment on my opinions and point out errors, lies, illogic, hypocrisy, and inconsistency.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 22nd July 2018, 04:47 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Queef of Skreech @ Jul 22 2018, 11:42 AM) *
So the new excuse, thanks to Reese Smogg, is 'it will be better off in the long run - 50 years'. Ok then. So surely the youth vote should count and count MORE than anyone else's if it is a long term benefit thing? And the youth don't want it? Many were denied the franchise by the right wing Tories too? And nearly ALL the Brexiters will be dead by then?

Yes, and WeeselMogg has just opened a 2nd Dublin business branch so he can keep his cash coming in while the rest of us have to wait up to 50 years to see the fruits of his lies. There won't be any Paradise or he would keep his businesses in the UK. If the Main Man controlling a Hard Brexit has no confidence in British Business being fine why should the rest of us believe the words of a f***ing posh hypocritical liar.

For Vidcapper, yes I have told him so in less fiery language cos he's a lying hypocrite. That's a huge rich hypocrite who says one thing and does another. Massive tosspot liar and hypocrite. When I say he's a lying hypocrite, I mean on the scale of hypocrites throughout history he's right up there with the biggest. I think it's worth mentioning as often as possible, while I'm at it, that he's a lying hypocrite.

+Quote this post
Long Dong Silver
post 22nd July 2018, 05:19 PM
Post #55
Group icon
Buffy/Charmed

I have no idea what the argument could even be against the youth having the final say if it is gonna take 50 years for the country to recover from this disaster.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 22nd July 2018, 05:28 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 22 2018, 05:47 PM) *
Yes, and WeeselMogg has just opened a 2nd Dublin business branch so he can keep his cash coming in while the rest of us have to wait up to 50 years to see the fruits of his lies. There won't be any Paradise or he would keep his businesses in the UK. If the Main Man controlling a Hard Brexit has no confidence in British Business being fine why should the rest of us believe the words of a f***ing posh hypocritical liar.

For Vidcapper, yes I have told him so in less fiery language cos he's a lying hypocrite. That's a huge rich hypocrite who says one thing and does another. Massive tosspot liar and hypocrite. When I say he's a lying hypocrite, I mean on the scale of hypocrites throughout history he's right up there with the biggest. I think it's worth mentioning as often as possible, while I'm at it, that he's a lying hypocrite.

Yes, but tell us what you really think of Jack Mogg.

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 23rd July 2018, 05:37 AM
Post #57
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 22 2018, 05:47 PM) *

Are you referring to Rees-Mogg here, or me, as I don't believe I've done anything to deserve such ire?

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 23rd July 2018, 04:12 PM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 23 2018, 06:37 AM) *
Are you referring to Rees-Mogg here, or me, as I don't believe I've done anything to deserve such ire?

Oh for God's sake, are you rich? I have no idea whether you are rich or not, and "does another thing" suggests someone who has just done something I don't approve of. I know nothing of your life and what you have been up to, nor would I would be so rude as to tell you what to do with it unless you had just set up two businesses in Dublin while continuing to push the Brexit flag - because then in that case you would also be a hypocrite who knows the economy is about to tank.

My mention of your name was referring back to your assumption that I'm singling you out, when I am also criticising the utter hypocrite liars who are setting up businesses abroad to avoid the oncoming shitshow. Do you have any words of support for Mogg? Would you like to offer an opinion on him and his lying hypocrisy? Cos if I had just put my trust and vote in someone that promised sunshine & roses and then buggered off to the Hateful place he apparently loathes so he doesn't lose money, I would be seething......

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jaco...4b0de86f48e3566

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 24th July 2018, 05:24 AM
Post #59
Group icon
Paul Hyett

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Jul 23 2018, 05:12 PM) *
Oh for God's sake, are you rich? I have no idea whether you are rich or not, and "does another thing" suggests someone who has just done something I don't approve of. I know nothing of your life and what you have been up to, nor would I would be so rude as to tell you what to do with it unless you had just set up two businesses in Dublin while continuing to push the Brexit flag - because then in that case you would also be a hypocrite who knows the economy is about to tank.

Hence my confusion at you mentioning me in your previous comment.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 24th July 2018, 07:40 PM
Post #60
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 24 2018, 06:24 AM) *
Hence my confusion at you mentioning me in your previous comment.

Suedey seemed to be fairly clear in his earlier comment.

I note you don't answer any of my Mogg questions.

+Quote this post

35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
This thread is locked.Create a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 01:32 PM