BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What Artist is bigger right now?, Pretty Miley
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
What artist is bigger?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
-0-0
post 5th May 2015, 08:12 AM
Post #1
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643

Following Britney's return to music, 'Pretty Girl' went to #02 on USA iTunes and #50 on UK iTunes. Could Miley manage anything similar? 'We Can't Stop' went straight to #01 on iTunes as did 'Wrecking Ball' with 'Adore You' going top 10 on iTunes following the album release as well as Do My Thang.

Who is bigger right now? Miley or Britney.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
nickthenoodle
post 5th May 2015, 11:25 AM
Post #2
Group icon
livin' legend you can look but don't touch
User: 4,844

I think that Miley had a lot of potential with the Bangerz campaign but it lost a lot of steam and now she seems to be pretty irrelevant (hoping she can pull it back for the next era). Definitely Britney for the moment.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th May 2015, 11:29 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

In America I'd argue Britney still but WW probably miley. However much you're all spaffing over Pretty Girls, I doubt Brit will have singles as big as We Can't Stop but hey I'll gladly eat my words if I'm proven Wrong.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 5th May 2015, 12:04 PM
Post #4
Group icon
🙄

QUOTE(nickthenoodle @ May 5 2015, 12:25 PM) *
I think that Miley had a lot of potential with the Bangerz campaign but it lost a lot of steam and now she seems to be pretty irrelevant (hoping she can pull it back for the next era). Definitely Britney for the moment.

I don't think she's lost any steam she just ended the campaign rather early to focus on her tour which had incredible sales. 'Adore You' despite limited airplay and no promotion has still managed to sell over 1 million copies in the United States.

I 100% think it's Miley, I'm sure any single that Miley had right now would outperform 'Work Bitch' and 'Perfume'. I'm not sure how 'Pretty Girls' is going to do but the radio deal will obviously help but if it manages to do well on sales is another thing.

+Quote this post
nickthenoodle
post 5th May 2015, 11:08 PM
Post #5
Group icon

QUOTE(LeeWallace @ May 5 2015, 01:04 PM) *
I don't think she's lost any steam she just ended the campaign rather early to focus on her tour which had incredible sales. 'Adore You' despite limited airplay and no promotion has still managed to sell over 1 million copies in the United States.

I 100% think it's Miley, I'm sure any single that Miley had right now would outperform 'Work Bitch' and 'Perfume'. I'm not sure how 'Pretty Girls' is going to do but the radio deal will obviously help but if it manages to do well on sales is another thing.

Yeah it was definitely a bizaree choice toend the era early - or even to release Adore You huh.gif. I went to see the Bangerz tour and it was really great but I just don't see why she didn't think she could do a fourth single especially when she barely promo'd the third anyway?! Just not sure if it'll have a lasting impact on her next album, I'm very much hoping it won't ofc!

+Quote this post
-0-0
post 6th May 2015, 12:26 AM
Post #6
Group icon
🙄

FU would have smashed worldwide.

I think that's arguably one of the biggest missed opportunities for a top popstar.

+Quote this post
nickthenoodle
post 6th May 2015, 10:09 AM
Post #7
Group icon

QUOTE(LeeWallace @ May 6 2015, 01:26 AM) *
FU would have smashed worldwide.

I think that's arguably one of the biggest missed opportunities for a top popstar.

Yeah! All my friends at uni got totally obsessed with FU and #GETITRIGHT think either one of them would've smashed.

+Quote this post
jark
post 6th May 2015, 10:35 AM
Post #8
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990

lol at anyone voting Britney. She has zero profile outside the US and even there it's only her fanbase giving Pretty Girls a half decent song. When said and done it will be a flop.

Miley is so much a bigger part of pop culture right now.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 09:04 AM