BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ella Henderson – Everything I Didn't Say, 2nd album | 11th March 2022
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
sajjadali
post Sep 12 2017, 11:49 AM
Post #41
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,100
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Marty @ Sep 11 2017, 01:54 PM) *
I assume Syco have prioritised Louisa and just dont see much mainstream future in Ella, which is a bit sad seeing her first era was pretty successful. Will be interesting to see if they give Ella an XFactor slot, I doubt it as she isnt a feature in any XF promo Ive seen.

Prioritised Louisa how? By not even giving her a debut album despite it being two years since she won?
Being asked to feature on Olly's single is hardly prioritised.

I think too they are targeting Xmas sales for Ella. I think she'll get an XF performance and we're looking at October.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marty
post Sep 12 2017, 01:37 PM
Post #42
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 20,128
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(sajjadali @ Sep 12 2017, 12:49 PM) *
Prioritised Louisa how? By not even giving her a debut album despite it being two years since she won?
Being asked to feature on Olly's single is hardly prioritised.

I think too they are targeting Xmas sales for Ella. I think she'll get an XF performance and we're looking at October.

Prioritising Louisa since mid 2016, including So Good Oct 2016, Best Behaviour Mar 2017, Unpredictable May 2017 with associated TV, radio appearances. They couldnt have done that for Louisa and Ella, So Ella's album was put on hold for an extra year.
What is interesting is that XF are now promoting Louisa and Ella is invisible in promo. So I'll be interested if Ella does get an XF gig.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Sep 12 2017, 01:42 PM
Post #43
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

Ella had great success with her first album and much more successful in general than Louisa without half the effort. I hope Ella hasn't missed the boat by leaving the follow up so long, but if she has the right material in conjunction with good promotion she could have a successful second era.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post Sep 13 2017, 12:00 PM
Post #44
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

Syco seem to have gone a but into turmoil and have no idea what thy're doing with any of their artists apart from Little Mix and maybe Olly Murs. Ella is overdue at least a new single, then there's of course Louisa who should have released her album by now. Then Fleur East has gone COMPELETELY quiet after Sax, everything around the second single seemed so half-arsed. Still no news about Matt Terry either aside from that random feature that I doubt many are aware of. Plus, aside from X Factor, what is Labrinth doing? Is he just going back to production and being a random featured artist? It's odd he's still yet to release a follow up to Jealous when that actually was a hit.

It makes you wonder if they're still trying to figure out how best to work the new charts with this complete reliance on streaming. Many Syco hit singles were resulting from mastering the held-back release as they debuted high but quickly fell.

+Quote Post
Marty
post Sep 13 2017, 12:31 PM
Post #45
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Klaus @ Sep 13 2017, 01:00 PM) *
Syco seem to have gone a but into turmoil and have no idea what thy're doing with any of their artists apart from Little Mix and maybe Olly Murs. Ella is overdue at least a new single, then there's of course Louisa who should have released her album by now. Then Fleur East has gone COMPELETELY quiet after Sax, everything around the second single seemed so half-arsed. Still no news about Matt Terry either aside from that random feature that I doubt many are aware of. Plus, aside from X Factor, what is Labrinth doing? Is he just going back to production and being a random featured artist? It's odd he's still yet to release a follow up to Jealous when that actually was a hit.

It makes you wonder if they're still trying to figure out how best to work the new charts with this complete reliance on streaming. Many Syco hit singles were resulting from mastering the held-back release as they debuted high but quickly fell.

Yes I would agree with most of that (although they are also putting effort into James Arthur). tbf maybe they see 'releasing an album' as a bit pointless for many of their artists - that should not be the case of Ella who I'm sure can sell albums.

It seems they have quite a small setup and can only cope with a few 'acts' at once. Obviously they need to prioritise given the numbers coming through the show, but they seem to be very narrow and risk averse.

On the Ella/Louisa point. Logically you would think Louisa's 1st era is over (after singles, tour) and they will focus on Ella. That leaves Louisa's album hanging further (unless they just release it with little promo). The other alternative is they go yet again with Louisa with new singles off the album and throw Ella under the bus.

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Sep 13 2017, 12:42 PM
Post #46
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Marty @ Sep 13 2017, 01:31 PM) *
Yes I would agree with most of that (although they are also putting effort into James Arthur). tbf maybe they see 'releasing an album' as a bit pointless for many of their artists - that should not be the case of Ella who I'm sure can sell albums.

It seems they have quite a small setup and can only cope with a few 'acts' at once. Obviously they need to prioritise given the numbers coming through the show, but they seem to be very narrow and risk averse.

On the Ella/Louisa point. Logically you would think Louisa's 1st era is over (after singles, tour) and they will focus on Ella. That leaves Louisa's album hanging further (unless they just release it with little promo). The other alternative is they go yet again with Louisa with new singles off the album and throw Ella under the bus.

They have no idea what their doing with Noah Cyrus either...

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Sep 27 2017, 02:31 PM
Post #47
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

She was just on Scott Mills on Radio 1 and said the album is nearly done. It should've been released ages ago but hopefully she'll still get their support whenever it's released. "Ghost" is among my all time favourite songs now so I hope there's at least something that stands up to the greatness of that wub.gif

Also she posted a blurred out photo of lyrics to a song called "Stupid Things" on Insta last week.

This post has been edited by THEO.: Sep 27 2017, 04:24 PM

+Quote Post
Marty
post Sep 27 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #48
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(THEO. @ Sep 27 2017, 03:31 PM) *
She was just on Scott Mills on Radio 1 and said the album is nearly done. It should've been released ages ago but hopefully she'll still get their support whenever it's released. "Ghost" is among my all time favourite songs now so I hope there's at least something that stands up to the greatness of that wub.gif

Also she posted a blurred out photo of lyrics to a song called "Stupid Things" on Insta last week.

Seems a bit odd going on a big radio show to say something as vague as 'the album is nearly done'. They must know a release date and the single by now. At least tease it properly :0) First tour date with James Arthur is Nov 16th in Leeds, get a move on girl..... [and doing that tour and promo at same time might be interesting]

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 27 2017, 05:10 PM
Post #49
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

QUOTE(Marty @ Sep 27 2017, 06:06 PM) *
Seems a bit odd going on a big radio show to say something as vague as 'the album is nearly done'. They must know a release date and the single by now. At least tease it properly :0) First tour date with James Arthur is Nov 16th in Leeds, get a move on girl..... [and doing that tour and promo at same time might be interesting]

She wasn't on the show properly James Arthur prank called her while using a space jammer laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Marty
post Sep 27 2017, 06:17 PM
Post #50
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 27 2017, 06:10 PM) *
She wasn't on the show properly James Arthur prank called her while using a space jammer laugh.gif

Fair enough :0)

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Oct 9 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #51
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

This should be released before the end of the month! Ella has been teasing on her Instagram for ages now and has done promo shoots for a magazine. You can sign up to her mailer (lol) to be the 'first' to know.

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Oct 9 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #52
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

I feel like she will do a Emeli Sandé with this sad.gif

She has just left it way too long.

+Quote Post
Esmerelda
post Oct 9 2017, 06:12 PM
Post #53
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 294
   No Gallery Pics

Loved Chapter 1, but where is Chapter 2? Is it being written by George RR Martin?

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 10 2017, 01:03 AM
Post #54
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

QUOTE(Jack @ Oct 9 2017, 07:05 PM) *
I feel like she will do a Emeli Sandé with this sad.gif

She has just left it way too long.

Agreed, I just can't see her getting a hit this era unless she's on a Clean Bandit single or something sad.gif

+Quote Post
Dane
post Oct 16 2017, 10:50 AM
Post #55
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 10,281
   No Gallery Pics

Ella was in the studio with Jax Jones yesterday! Very intrigued to hear that!

+Quote Post
Dane
post Oct 16 2017, 10:51 AM
Post #56
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

*double post*

This post has been edited by Dane: Oct 16 2017, 11:41 AM

+Quote Post
Dane
Post #57
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

*tripple post* rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Dane: Oct 16 2017, 11:42 AM

+Quote Post
Post #58
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 19,931

Clearly you're very excited!

+Quote Post
Dane
post Oct 16 2017, 11:43 AM
Post #59
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(White Mustang @ Oct 16 2017, 11:51 AM) *
Clearly you're very excited!

Clearly accidentally posted it 3 times by accident laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Nov 13 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #60
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

She’s confirmed she’s playing new tracks when supporting James Arthur and that the album will follow next year. Four years on from her debut on a minor household name is so so risky sad.gif

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:14 PM