BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Best Brit Awards 2017 performance
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Vote
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
post 23rd February 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

Which of last night's performances do you think were the best and worst.

First question is multiple choice, so if you can't pick 1, you can add a second.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
mdh
post 23rd February 2017, 04:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

I'd say my favourite performance of the night was Chained To The Rhythm. The staging was fantastic, meaningful, and it sparked a lot of debate in the media due to the subtle Trump/May inferences. The vocal wasn't great, but overall it was the most enjoyable of them all and enjoyment and drama is what you want to get out of a BRITs performance - take All Day from Kanye in 2015 for example, it was a total trainwreck but it was the one that we all remember.

I said The Sound by 1975 for my least favourite, I can't recall any of the staging at all and although I like the song, the vocal really didn't do the quality of the studio version of it any justice whatsoever.

On the whole it was a great show, a lot better than last years which I felt was a tad too routine and boring. It was great to have the new song premieres from Ed and Coldplay too - added an extra element of excitement to the whole ceremony even if the Ed 'new song' ended up being massively underwhelming.

+Quote this post
post 23rd February 2017, 09:31 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

For me Katy and Little Mix's were the most interesting. Katy's wasn't perfect but had heaps of characters and Little Mix's was ultra polished.

Chris Martin's George tribute was the worst for me because of his terrible vocals.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 23rd February 2017, 09:58 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I'm the opposite and found Chris Martin's tribute very moving, whilst Little Mix's was subpar for the girls.

+Quote this post
awardinary
post 23rd February 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Chris Martin's tribute gave me shivers, it was so moving like Liam said.

The 1975 was the worst for those glitchy messages on the screen.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 23rd February 2017, 10:14 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

I like the messages during The 1975's performance for the first few times they appeared, but I think they went too overboard, completely missing the effect of 'less is more'. I'm astounded at how many people - even fans themselves - didn't understand what was going on and thought it was a hack, despite the fact this is what happens in the bloody music video! laugh.gif I just wish Matty put a bit more heart into singing instead of being seemingly embarrassed about playing at the BRITs.

+Quote this post
post 24th February 2017, 01:54 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Matty was having mic issues I think. Hasn't stopped the age old song having a HUGE boost though, on Spotify and iTunes

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 24th February 2017, 01:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

QUOTE(Tinasha @ Feb 23 2017, 09:31 PM) *
For me Katy and Little Mix's were the most interesting. Katy's wasn't perfect but had heaps of characters and Little Mix's was ultra polished.
Chris Martin's George tribute was the worst for me because of his terrible vocals.
Pretty much in agreement with this. Except, I didn't vote Katy coz my loyalty lies with Little Mix wink.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 24th February 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

Best: Skepta & Ed/Stormzy (meant to vote for this too)
Worst: Bruno Mars

+Quote this post
bipolar angel
post 25th February 2017, 06:23 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 20,494

I didn't actually see this.

but, judging on who performed (and who I like/dislike),

I bet little mix was pretty good (and I love shout out to my X, i think it's a great song)

I dislike bruno mars, so I would never have much faith in any of his performances anyway

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 12:28 AM