BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Buzzjack‘s ULTIMATE Drag Race Rate [2019], IT'S OVER (FINALLY)!!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
diva thin muffin
post Oct 18 2019, 01:03 PM
Post #41
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837
132. Kahanna Montrese (2.66)

"Vegas is back in the house, and this time, we're hitting jackpots!"

Seasons: Season 11 (14th out of 15)
Placements: 14th Place (S11)
Last Ranking: New Entry
Relative Difference: ne.gif
Biggest Fans: cantthinkofaname, Doug, f and alby gave her a 4.
Biggest Haters: Adam gave her a -1.

Personal Commentary:
Poor Kahanna was so bad at making outfits and unfortunately was even left behind in the dust when the "Oppulence" meme became the Drag Race cornerstone it is today despite being right there in that scene. Coco's drag daughter was very sweet and is actually quite the trade out of drag but I guess forgettability is what's hindering her here. I feel bottom 10 isn't quite deserved but Top 100 is probably too much as well. Out of her awful runway and entrance looks, I think her Zodiac look was the best but even that paled in comparison to the other Zodiac looks despite that awkward wardrobe malfunction. Her Katya look.. let's just not discuss that any further.

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Oct 18 2019, 01:11 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
LouisL
post Oct 18 2019, 01:06 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
No real shocks so far. Mimi and Silky should be a to higher as they were staple parts of their season, and IMO the most forgettable queens should be at the bottom of this list

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 18 2019, 01:11 PM
Post #43
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Final queen of the day..

131. Vivienne Pinay (2.69)

""I will always be the fishiest queen today, tomorrow, next month, the past seasons, and the next seasons to come."

Seasons: Season 5 (13th out of 14)
Placements: Joint 10th/11th (S5)
Last Ranking: 84 / 100
Relative Difference: arrow down.gif 9 spots
Biggest Fans: Calum gave her a 6.
Biggest Haters: George.keh and Sonia Fowler gave her a 0.

Personal Commentary:
While obviously famous for being one of the first queens to be eliminated in a double-sashay, I actually liked Vivienne. I'm a fan of fishy girls but I know that Vivienne is extremely forgettable when compared to the horde of girls of RuPaul past. But again, she is absolutely gorgeous. That lip-sync was absolutely awful and they did indeed both deserve to go home but I liked Vivienne more than Honey personally. Her looks were all rather basic but her Best Drag look is probably my fav. Her Think Pink look is awful. Delete it.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 18 2019, 01:12 PM
Post #44
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Recap of the 10 queens eliminated today:

0.91 140 (100) Venus DLite S3
1.63 139 (99) Magnolia Crawford S6
1.72 138 (96) Alisa Summers S4
1.78 137 (New) Silky Nutmeg Ganache S11
1.81 136 (95) Phoenix S3
2.00 135 (97) Penny Tration S5
2.41 134 (90) Mimi Imfurst S3, AS1
2.63 133 (80) Dax ExclamationPoint S8
2.66 132 (New) Kahanna Montrese S11
2.69 131 (84) Vivienne Pinay S5

+Quote this post
Adam
post Oct 19 2019, 05:06 AM
Post #45
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 4,682
I'm surprised Mimi is so low too, she's an iconic part of the franchise despite a lack of likability. The rest I think fit and the fact most of them mirror their positions from the last rate says it all!

+Quote this post
Calum
post Oct 19 2019, 08:18 AM
Post #46
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316
Phoenix was an early fave and I was a tad gutted when she was eliminated sad.gif

Mimi didn't even deserve to be that high tho x

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 19 2019, 02:59 PM
Post #47
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
130. Serena ChaCha (2.72)

"I am now trilingual. I can now speak English, Spanish and Ghetto!"

Seasons: Season 5 (12th out of 14)
Placements: 13th Place (S5)
Last Ranking: 98 / 100
Relative Difference: arrow up.gif 6 spots
Biggest Fans: Doug, Liam and Calum gave her a 7.
Biggest Haters: Lukuzz, PearlyGirl and Sonia Fowler gave her a -1.

Personal Commentary:
Serena was the youngest contestant on season 5 and while her stint on Drag Race was short she obviously made an impression on a few of you since she got some relatively high scores. Serena of course was the queen behind the absolutely awful Trash Couture / Neckbrace look in episode 1 but what I remember her best for is that Myron is an absolute stud out of drag.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 19 2019, 03:05 PM
Post #48
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
129. Madame LaQueer (2.94)

"Finally! I'm not gonna get picked last!!!!"

Seasons: Season 4 (12th out of 13)
Placements: 10th Place (S4)
Last Ranking: 92 / 100
Relative Difference: arrow up.gif 1 spot
Biggest Fans: Doug gave her a 7.
Biggest Haters: Lukuzz gave her a -1.

Personal Commentary:
Madame is another forgettable early boot from an early season so while it's not that long since I saw season 4 I don't really remember her. She had a cute Girly Girl Couture look in episode 2 but was a let down in almost every other episode. Apparently LaQueer has at least 15 drag daughters, including Lineysha Sparx from season 5 but alternatively she's part of a cute elite club of lowest placing queens that won challenges (along with Mayhem Miller and Scarlet Envy).

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Oct 19 2019, 03:22 PM
Post #49
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
No surprises so far, my views on each Queen;

Venus D Lite: Her attitude stunk & all that surgery she had to look like Madonna & yet looks nothing like her. Although it would have been interesting to see more of her Madonna looks & snatch game if she stayed longer, but it wasn't meant to be, yes her lipsync was cringey at best.

Magnolia Crawford: Weren't keen on her aesthetic or trademark nose contour (which does look like a swordfish). Maybe she was misunderstood & if lasted longer or had more screen time viewers may have warmed to her, but on her first and only episode, she just made all the wrong impressions & should have handled the critiques better.

Alisa Summers: A pretty hot guy and shame we didn't see more, but losing a lipsync to the messy overrated Jiggly, not gonna do anyone's legacy any good. Apparently she's the least followed Queen on Instagram in Drag Race Herstory.

Silky Nutmeg Ganache: At first I thought she was gonna be great & hiliarious, but that quickly changed when it became apparent that she was awful & incredibly annoying (would have loved her & Yvie in a lipsync so Yvie could have slaughtered her) . All that smack she talked about lipsyncing & in the end just very lacklustre, if it was anyone else other than Nina West, then they would have sent her home. Plus didn't like the favouritism she had from RuPaul, very unearned. Did you notice how quiet she was at the final (maybe it was because of the allegations).

Phoenix: Who?, don't really remember this one that much apart from her & India's entrance looks were pretty much the same (both terrible looks).

Penny Tration: The Facebook fan choice mmmm wonder why that's not a thing anymore. Feel that she didn't really try hard enough especially in her awful lipsync where she clearly didn't know the words. Her shading was terrible also (it does look like a beard).

Mimi Imfurst: Clearly unstable during her time on DR3 & those allegations against her just turns my stomach. The only reason she was chosen for All-Stars 1, because like Yara Sofia said they need someone to go home first. Even her brief stint on that proved she was equally terrible. That row with Shangela was all kinds of awesome.

Dax Exclamation Point: Hard to believe she's anyone's drag mother, her time on the show was again very lacklustre & that lipsync was iconic for all the wrong reasons.

Kahanna Montrese: All I can say is that she clearly wasn't ready for the show & not fully developed yet. All of her outfits were awful (especially her entrance look), didn't have the star quality to be on the show, should have waited a few more years before taking part.

Vivienne Pinay: MEH!, okay she was very beautiful, but she was definitely the less memorable half of that double lipsync, plus never excelled or tried on any of the challenges.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 19 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #50
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
128. Kalorie Karbdashian Williams (3.06)

"Hope you're ready for your all-Karb, high-Kalorie diet."

Seasons: Season 10 (14th out of 14)
Placements: 13th Place (S10)
Biggest Fans: f gave her a 7.5.
Biggest Haters: George.keh and Sonia Fowler gave her a 0.

Personal Commentary:
I have never really been on board with Kalorie simply because I just don't like what she's about. She is very likeable as a person but the whole carb + Kardashian thing just feels silly to me. Kalorie of course managed to beat Vanjie in that first lip-sync of Season 10 which gave us the legendary "Miss Vanjie 3x" meme but what do we remember about Kalorie herself? HOWEVER, looking through her portfolio I am amazed by her potential Hats Incredible look which she had planned but everything she did bring to the runway was a let down to say the least.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 19 2019, 06:26 PM
Post #51
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
127. Delta Work (3.34)

"I really wanna focus on my lingerie modelling!"

Seasons: Season 3 (10th out of 13)
Placements: 7th Place (S3)
Last Ranking: 86 / 100
Relative Difference: arrow down.gif 4 spots
Biggest Fans: LMLou gave her a 6.5.
Biggest Haters: George.keh and Adam gave her a -1.

Personal Commentary:
From one big queen to another. Delta Work is officially Buzzjack's least favorite member of Heathers and I guess I agree although I wouldn't put her this far down. Delta is known for her attitude and sass and a lot of people thought she always had a stank bitch face on during her season. I personally hated how she acted towards Yara (<3) and she wasn't really good enough to have all that attitude. HOWEVER, Delta has since proven that she is good at what she does since she has actually been Ru's hairdresser since season 9 so gj Delta. I personally didn't like any of her runway looks as they were all kind of wonky and the best thing she did was provide fodder for Manila to slay her during the "MacArthur Park" lipsync.

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Oct 19 2019, 06:26 PM

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 19 2019, 06:34 PM
Post #52
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
126. Ra'Jah O'Hara (3.41)

"An ugly girl could never come for a pretty girl. No. It’s a ugly bitch like you crawling out of the swamp to come for me? Mm-mm, girl. I’m over it."

Seasons: Season 11 (13th out of 15)
Placements: 9th Place (S11)
Biggest Fans: Josh!, LMLou and Adam gave her a 9.5.
Biggest Haters: ElectroBoy, Doug and Sonia Fowler gave her a -1.

Personal Commentary:
Ra'Jah almost got a minus one from me because for me she's one of the two queens that made S11 a bad season. She was kept over much more intriguing and well-together queens because she brought the drama and lord was I over it by the time she was finally cut loose. Her winning Scarlet Envy in that lip-sync was just the biggest dose of BS I have ever seen on this show and her runway looks were almost all so bland and basic. The way she spoke about Yvie was appalling because she was getting personal on such a low level, calling her stinky and ugly, that it was just not cute. I personally think she deserves to be in the bottom ten but I'll settle for bottom fifteen.

+Quote this post
LouisL
post Oct 19 2019, 07:12 PM
Post #53
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 42,419
Ra’Jah is such an icon! Most black queens can’t be shady or even have personality without being extremely overhated on season 11 it seems

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 19 2019, 08:31 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
For me there is a thin line between being shady and just being mean. Ra'Jah for me falls into a category with queens like The Vixen, Acid Betty and Roxxxy Andrews who aren't being shady when they come for other queens. I love a shady queen like Gia for example but Ra'Jah definitely ain't it.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 19 2019, 10:28 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
125. Kandy Ho (3.50, less 6.5s)

"Mother does NOT play.................. that."

Seasons: Season 7 (14th out of 14)
Placements: 10th Place (S7)
Last Ranking: 72 / 100
Relative Difference: arrow down.gif 17 spots
Biggest Fans: Doug gave her a 6
Biggest Haters: George.keh, Lukuzz, Josh! and Liam gave her a 2

Personal Commentary:
This is probably the first cut I majorly disagree with. I get that Kandy wasn't the most enjoyable presence but man did I laugh at her. I honestly don't get why she is so disliked and especially how far she dropped since the last rate. "Mother does not play" is probably one of my fav challenge performances in a long time and I still think about it way more than I should lmao. I'm not saying she's Top 50 material but I would have let her slide into the Top 100 at least. Runway-wise she was never really that strong but I guess her beard look was pretty cool in a Gengis Khan realness kind of way.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 19 2019, 10:44 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
124. Charlie Hides (3.50, more 6.5s)

"I don't lip-sync, I sing live."

Seasons: Season 9 (14th out of 14)
Placements: 12th Place (S9)
Biggest Fans: Lukuzz gave her a 6
Biggest Haters: Calum gave her a 0

Personal Commentary:
Charlie is obviously famous for being the first "british" queen (although she's not really british as she lived in the US for the first 33 years of her life) and also ofc for that lip sync. Funny enough in memory I thought Charlie was the first boot but am surprised to find out today that she was actually eliminated third so gj I guess. Prior to Drag Race Hides had a bit of a controversy as apparently she was doing blackface in her shows up until 2015 so oop. Some of Charlie's runways were quite cringey because there was always a bit of disconnect in her regarding enthusiasm towards being on the show which has always felt a bit off.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 20 2019, 11:37 AM
Post #57
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
123. Honey Davenport (3.53, less 8s)

"This honey is raw and unfiltered."

Seasons: Season 11 (12th out of 15)
Placements: 13th Place (S11)
Biggest Fans: LMLou gave her a 6.
Biggest Haters: ElectroBoy gave her a 1.

Personal Commentary:
Aww Honey was quite sweet actually but will forever be remembered for that atrocious performance in the 6-way lip sync in which she got eliminated. She wasn't really that bad until the panic obviously set in and she jumped off the stage and started, uh, humping the floor? or idk what she was doing. While Honey was pretty insignificant I don't feel she deserves to be lower than Soju. Her looks were a mixture of good and meh and interestingly the fringe look she was sporting in her elimination was pretty cool. However given her back catalogue which she showed for the rest of the season I think Honey could have been a contender had she not forked up so royally in that lip sync. Her witch please, orange alert and sequins looks are all amazing so I think we may have been missing out big time.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 20 2019, 11:48 AM
Post #58
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
122. Sasha Belle (3.53, more 8s)

"I'm the next drag superstar because I've done my homework."

Seasons: Season 7 (13th out of 14)
Placements: 13th Place (S7)
Last Ranking: 93 / 100
Relative Difference: arrow up.gif 5 spots
Biggest Fans: LMLou gave her a 8.
Biggest Haters: PearlyGirl gave her a 0.

Note: Sasha is one of the queens who received the most 4s with 5 rates.

Personal Commentary:
Sasha Belle, now known as Frisbee Jenkins, was an early boot on S7 and I honestly don't remember a lot about her despite rewatching S7 just last month lol. She had some awful looks during her short stint on the show, including that terrifying lobster dress in the fall fashion runway. Since leaving drag race she's apparently been hosting her very own Sasha Belle's Drag Race which has been going for 8 seasons and two all-stars which is impressive. Also she's a cute boy.

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Oct 20 2019, 11:53 AM

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post Oct 20 2019, 11:58 AM
Post #59
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
121. Mystique Summers Madison (3.56, less 8s)

"I don't need to fix my mug, bitch! Sweetie! How do I have not no manners? No class, no manners? You piss me off some more, I will whoop your f***ing ass! Bitch I am from Chicago!"

Seasons: Season 2 (12th out of 12)
Placements: 10th Place (S2)
Last Ranking: 77 / 100
Relative Difference: arrow down.gif 10 spots
Biggest Fans: Calum gave her a 7.
Biggest Haters: SamJudd, Sonia Fowler and alby gave her a 2.

Note: Mystique is the queen who received the most 3s with 6 rates.

Personal Commentary:
Mystique is known for that Untucked fight with Morgan McMichaels which was indeed iconic but outside of that what I most remember her for is just her resting stank bitch face. Since being on the show she's lost quite a lot of weight. Her best look was probably the gone with the window one but even that looked quite unfinished. If she had been a good seamstress she probably would have been able to make a pretty cool outfit out of it.

This post has been edited by cantthinkofaname: Oct 20 2019, 11:58 AM

+Quote this post
George.keh
post Oct 20 2019, 12:06 PM
Post #60
Group icon
#VoteGarden.Keh
User: 32,047
Sasha Belle higher than so many including Kandy who we at least got good lipsyncs out of seems really bizarre

+Quote this post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:57 AM