BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Jason Bourne, July 2016
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post Apr 21 2016, 07:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Matt Damon is back and (raising my interest) he's joined by Alicia Vikander.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Jul 27 2016, 07:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
Seen this today, pretty amazing, so much better than the last one, nobody really could replace Matt Damon as Jason Bourne, the highlight for me was the ending with a decent car/ Police Jeep chase in Vegas. Pretty much non stop action all the way, and the pace of it was fairly unstoppable, and not outstretched, it was just over 2 hours long which felt just about right. And left it open for a follow-up film.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jul 31 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
I should stop going to see sequels if I haven't seen previous movies in a franchise, that probably didn't help here and I couldn't follow it all but also action doesn't do a lot for me so I didn't find it very exciting. Julia Stiles was killed too soon and Alicia Vikander was the main selling point for me but the role didn't give her much of a chance to shine really imo.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post Aug 2 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376
I could have done without the annoying shaky camera-work and scattergun editing of chase sequences, and what with the Homeland style plotting and hacking paranoia it was more of an extended TV series episode. Matt barely says a word and is all emoting and action, Alicia is fab but understated, and Tommy Lee craggily dominates every scene he's in. The first half hour was mostly set-up and motorbike chasing, the rest was an improvement, the plotting predictable but decent enough. 6 out of 10.

Oh, but the ability of IT hacks to instantly know exactly where you are and what you're doing is incredible. So many IT experts, so many top-notch spies, yet so many morons who have never heard of turning off your broadband if you don't want to be found or hacked.....gaping plot hole warning....

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Aug 2 2016, 07:53 PM
Post #5
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
Much like Jack, I've not seen any of the previous instalments of this franchise either. However, I did rather enjoy it! There were a few moments where I had to kind of fill in my own gaps about what had happened, for example during the scenes talking about the Bourne programmes & Bourne's family etc. but I don't think it was overly complicated to get a grasp of what had happened in the films so far so I was able to pretty much jump right in.

I loved how tense it all was, and I wasn't able to predict how it would all end either, I love that all the characters had underlying motives and were hiding things from each other's backs and you didn't know how it would all unfold. Matt Damon suits the role to a tee and he looks badass doing it all, the light moments he delivered really well too. I liked Alicia Vikander in this too, she didn't really have much to do in this in comparison to some of her other recent roles but she did a good job and I was pleased with the amount of screentime she had.

I'm not really a huge fan of car chase scenes so I must admit to getting a bit bored during the final big action scene but the rest was all intense so I was overall pleased and would 100% watch a sequel so I do hope we get one.

Some things are a bit annoying like 'enhancing' a blurry picture and just creating random pixels out of thin air in order to identify someone but it's a blockbuster so it's easy enough to shrug that sort of stuff off..

This post has been edited by Josh.: Aug 2 2016, 07:54 PM

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:22 AM