BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Freeheld, Julianne Moore, Ellen Page play lesbian couple
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post 24th July 2015, 09:08 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Based on true events, Julianne and Ellen star as a lesbian couple with Julianne's character (Laurel) being diagnosed with cancer and consequently battling to allow her pension benefits to be transferred to Ellen's character (Stacie).

From the trailer I think it looks excellent, very emotive and touching. Hopefully one to watch come Oscar time!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 24th July 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

Exactly my cup of tea, looking forward to watching it?

The 2007 documentary of the same name won an Oscar actually! Going to watch that soon.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 20th February 2016, 10:18 PM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Think some of the reviews are a bit harsh (44% on RT) but I can see why it didn't generate any Oscar buzz in the end (despite it being quite Oscar bait-y), though Julianne puts in a very good performance. I thought their relationship could've been fleshed out a bit more at the start (Laurel called Stacie 'amazing' when we hadn't seen much of them together). Depictions of homophobia weren't nice to see but it was nice to see various characters coming round to support the cause! The pictures and text at the end helped to drive home the emotion.

Shame it's received such a limited release and doesn't appear to be playing at the big three chains as I think it's an important story to tell.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 12:07 PM