BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> I saw Dido live last weekend!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
markivj
post Jul 3 2019, 08:34 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 78,351
This was the last weekend of her N American tour. BOY, she was amazing! She was in fine form, she looks amazing and really comes across as down to earth and polite. Oh, and did I mention she's got an amazing voice, live as well.

My highlights were "End of night" (I didn't think it was popular enough that she'd perform it) and "Take my hand". And of course, the house came down when she sang "here with me". It sounds as amazing as it did back in 2000 when I first heard it. As expected, "White flag" and "thank you" got the best responses.

I hadn't heard her new album so had to google-lyrics as she was singing them wink.gif I wasn't too impressed with Hurricanes and another ballad (she said she wrote it for her son) but "Walk you home" is dreamy and really catchy, I loved that. I spotify'd it on returning home.

Overall, several ardent Dido fans in the crowd that knew the lyrics to all her songs, very positive energy in the room. I'm so glad I went!!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jul 4 2019, 11:49 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
Nice review there smile.gif

I’m trying to find some UK tickets but there’s none at city’s near me and I don’t have anyone to go with

I adore Dido though. Life For Rent is amongst my favourite albums ever.

So glad to hear you enjoyed the show though.

I’d recommend to give the new album another listen too it’s fantastic but then again all her albums are.

+Quote this post
markivj
post Jul 9 2019, 09:09 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 78,351
Oh yes, "Life for rent" is a gem of a pop album. I like it more than the debut. I was a bit disappointed by "safe trip home" (2008) save for "Grafton Street" and "3 little Gods" but the "Girl who got away" made up for it quite well.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:50 PM