BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> SAG Awards 2017, Winners inside!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post 30th January 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

So the SAGs were last night and they're often a good insight as to what might win at the Oscars so here were the winners from last night in the film categories:

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role: Denzel Washington – Fences
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role: Emma Stone – La La Land
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role: Mahershala Ali – Moonlight
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Viola Davis – Fences
Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Hidden Figures
Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture: Hacksaw Ridge

Mahershala Ali is also receiving a lot of media coverage at the moment for his acceptance speech which you can see below:

This post has been edited by Josh.: 30th January 2017, 08:10 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st February 2017, 12:24 AM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I can see Ryan also losing to Denzel at the Oscars. There also seems to be quite a bit of unexpected momentum behind 'Hidden Figures' right now too! Intrigued to see if they can pull a shock "Best Picture" win!

Excited to see 'Moonlight' on Thursday! Mahershala's speech was powerful. But looking at the comments makes me sad. Why can't famous people have a political opinion? They have just as much rights as a "normal" civilian! Argh!!!

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 1st February 2017, 10:46 AM
Post #3
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

Hmm, I do think Casey Affleck has it in the bag still, I think a combo of Denzel never winning a SAG and the allegations against Affleck meant their fellow actors were much more likely to vote for Denzel here I think. If it took Meryl over fifteen nominations to win 3 Oscars, it would be pretty good for Denzel to win three after only 7 acting nominations but I guess this does put him in the running for sure.

Wow at Hidden Figures winning big here too, I feel like it has to win something at the Oscars but all the categories it's nominated in are so competitive so who knows?

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 1st February 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Hmm. I always forget about Casey lmao. Mainly coz I haven't seen the film yet! But yeah, it's probably him over Denzel and Ryan, then.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 12:06 PM