BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
78 Pages V  « < 71 72 73 74 75 > »   
This thread is locked.Create a new thread
> The lovely discussion of all things EU and/or Brexit, Part V
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Kath
post 29th July 2019, 09:21 PM
Post #1441
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(5 Silas Frøkner @ Jul 29 2019, 10:09 PM) *
Thank you Kath!

I was sorry to read about your partner. I hope that you're keeping ok all things considered. We're always here if you need us or want to talk x

Thanks Silas. In December 2017 he'd been diagnosed with cancer of the stomach but it had spread to the spine and bones. He was told in the January 2018 that without treatment he'd be dead in three months and with chemotherapy he could perhaps get a further six months. Then - they suggested clinical trials - which we took and wished we hadn't. In short - when he was discharged from hospital (The Christie) after a particularly bad period (he hadn't eaten anything solid since November '17) he was given a 'non-urgent' discharge and the only pain relief - paracetamol! He was in agony for five days and on oxygen 24/7 as he also had COPD. Despite all the agencies being aware of him (MacMillan can go and stuff their cake days up their arse!!!) he died five days after discharge. Our last five days together were totally wasted - in addition to the paracetamol - they'd discharged him with a load of other medication which was the equivalent of sticking a band-aid on someone whose arm had been chopped off!

Sorry for the rant - but Chris's posts truly piss me off!

I truly believe that anyone over 60 should NOT have been allowed to vote in the Brexit fiasco (even though I know there were some sensible oldies - like my mum (who sadly passed away this year) even in her late 80's she knew that voting to remain was the best thing to do for future generations (unlike some selfish bast*rds!).

Again - sorry for the rant. I'll tell you what though - if the union breaks up - I'm going to send a begging letter to Nicola Sturgeon to ask if I can be granted asylum in Scotland!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
mald487
post 29th July 2019, 09:21 PM
Post #1442
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,091

QUOTE(Trump2020 @ Jul 29 2019, 09:19 PM) *
I have nothing whatsoever against immigrants so long as they go straight to work and don't claim any benefits or council housing. We have Brazilians one side and they're very friendly and Romanians the other side.

How do they feel about Brexit?

+Quote this post
Kath
post 29th July 2019, 09:22 PM
Post #1443
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(Trump2020 @ Jul 29 2019, 10:19 PM) *
I have nothing whatsoever against immigrants so long as they go straight to work and don't claim any benefits or council housing. We have Brazilians one side and they're very friendly and Romanians the other side.

Oh just go and boil your head you annoying w*n**r!

+Quote this post
Silas
post 29th July 2019, 09:37 PM
Post #1444
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

QUOTE(Kath @ Jul 29 2019, 10:21 PM) *
Thanks Silas. In December 2017 he'd been diagnosed with cancer of the stomach but it had spread to the spine and bones. He was told in the January 2018 that without treatment he'd be dead in three months and with chemotherapy he could perhaps get a further six months. Then - they suggested clinical trials - which we took and wished we hadn't. In short - when he was discharged from hospital (The Christie) after a particularly bad period (he hadn't eaten anything solid since November '17) he was given a 'non-urgent' discharge and the only pain relief - paracetamol! He was in agony for five days and on oxygen 24/7 as he also had COPD. Despite all the agencies being aware of him (MacMillan can go and stuff their cake days up their arse!!!) he died five days after discharge. Our last five days together were totally wasted - in addition to the paracetamol - they'd discharged him with a load of other medication which was the equivalent of sticking a band-aid on someone whose arm had been chopped off!

Sorry for the rant - but Chris's posts truly piss me off!

I truly believe that anyone over 60 should NOT have been allowed to vote in the Brexit fiasco (even though I know there were some sensible oldies - like my mum (who sadly passed away this year) even in her late 80's she knew that voting to remain was the best thing to do for future generations (unlike some selfish bast*rds!).

Again - sorry for the rant. I'll tell you what though - if the union breaks up - I'm going to send a begging letter to Nicola Sturgeon to ask if I can be granted asylum in Scotland!

Im sorry to hear that. You've had a rough go of it. The Christie has such a good rep round here (i'm currently in Salford), sorry you had such a horrid experience with them. When my Grandad passed we came running up against the shit end of cancer care in England as well. It was like 6 months before we got a diagnosis and by that point it was pretty f***ing obvious. We'd gone long beyond the point of no return by the time they'd gotten enough of a clue to think about anything. I sympathise completely. Even though you know it's happening and it's inevitable and people say that you can prepare for it, there's absolutely no preparing at all. Still feels like being stabbed in the heart a million times a second.

I agree to be honest. Same for indyref. If the over 60's had been blocked from voting then Scotland would be free and clear of this mess and if we'd been forced to swap to the Euro who cares, the pound is rapidly approaching parity with it anyway!!!

C'mon up, the kettles on. As far as the majority of us are concerned, anyone who wants to call our daft wee country home is more than welcome. If you can put up with the weather, the bast*rd midgies and the Scots<--->SSE continuum then you're one of us. As we say, "we're a jock tamson's bairns"

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 29th July 2019, 09:48 PM
Post #1445
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

QUOTE(mald487 @ Jul 29 2019, 10:21 PM) *
How do they feel about Brexit?

Haven't discussed it with them.

+Quote this post
crazy chris
post 29th July 2019, 09:51 PM
Post #1446
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 53

DELETED

This post has been edited by Trump2020: 30th July 2019, 08:57 AM

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 30th July 2019, 08:55 AM
Post #1447
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

So sorry to hear about your loss Kath and what a way to treat a patient. Very disturbing. Wishing you all the strenght you need!

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 30th July 2019, 12:14 PM
Post #1448
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(Trump2020 @ Jul 29 2019, 08:14 PM) *
How will The House be able to stop No Deal when it's the default option though? Let's say he just delays and delays it'll just happen won't it and we'll leave and about time. It's just gone beyond a joke now. We're the laughing stock of the world. My wife's relatives in the Philippines can't understand why when a referendum was won by leavers we're still in there. rolleyes.gif

Boris says we're leaving then, no ifs no buts and no more delays. Let's hope he's right.

Why?

Because the liars who told us it would be the easiest deal in history refused to vote for it when he had agreed a deal.

That's why. They lied. They never wanted a deal. They wanted to make themselves more powerful and put the working numpties back in their place, doing badly and forced to do low-paid work that EU citizens currently do.

If the ERG had voted for the deal we would have left by now and the economy wouldnt be going tits up.

BTW
1. We aren't at war
2. Johnson lied about Oct 31st. He's going for a GE and always was, paying for propaganda at tax-payers expense to blame the EU (who have given us a deal which the Tories voted in by the public in 2017 agreed and which was ratified by that general election policy promises). No Deal was not part of the GE promise, from any party. To give the public what they didnt vote for in 2017 is a deception promised by those who prefer to use the vague referendum In/Out as the public giving them the authority for No Deal. It didn't. It wasn't even mentioned.
3. Immigration is not going to reduce. Just the origin will change.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 30th July 2019, 12:24 PM
Post #1449
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Kath, also so sorry to hear of your partner. My lovely Aunty Eileen died 3 months ago of a whole range of cancers which invaded en masse after leukemia treatment unexpectedly failed. It's a terrible thing to go through.

On a political note, just going to say again, the NHS does not support the terminally ill properly anymore. Especially Alzheimers - 10 years I've been a carer, mum now can;t do anything, can't feed herself, go to the toilet, can't talk and tell you she needs to go the toilet, be left alone for any length of time, in danger of falling all the time as the world is a jumble of confusing images. She still enjoys TV and family though, and that has kept her going, being at home and loved.

Help I get from the state: Nothing. Not a thing. Just emergency treatment when she falls and I want scans to check for broken bones. No Deal Brexit will make things worse. This is 100% guaranteed. Nobody is pretending things will get better, not even the liars. That's why I hate them. They don't care about people, just their own selfish political aims.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 30th July 2019, 01:29 PM
Post #1450
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

One for Chris and all the others constantly spewing lies about voting for No Deal during the referendum.

This post has been edited by blacksquare: 30th July 2019, 01:29 PM

+Quote this post
vidcapper
post 30th July 2019, 01:58 PM
Post #1451
Group icon
Paul Hyett
User: 364

QUOTE(blacksquare @ Jul 30 2019, 02:29 PM) *

One for Chris and all the others constantly spewing lies about voting for No Deal during the referendum.

Nobody voted for 'No Deal' in the referendum, because it simply wasn't an option on the ballot paper.

That doesn't mean they would not have done if they *could* though... mellow.gif

+Quote this post
mald487
post 30th July 2019, 02:37 PM
Post #1452
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,091

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 30 2019, 01:58 PM) *
Nobody voted for 'No Deal' in the referendum, because it simply wasn't an option on the ballot paper.

It also doesn't mean that 17.4 million would have voted for it either. wink.gif

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 30th July 2019, 02:44 PM
Post #1453
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

QUOTE(vidcapper @ Jul 30 2019, 02:58 PM) *

Who said it did? It does, however, support the contention that the possibility of leaving without a deal simply wasn’t discussed in the referendum campaign.

+Quote this post
blacksquare
post 30th July 2019, 04:15 PM
Post #1454
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 23,471

How pedantic. When it suits, of course.

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jul 30 2019, 03:44 PM) *
Who said it did? It does, however, support the contention that the possibility of leaving without a deal simply wasn’t discussed in the referendum campaign.

Exactly.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 30th July 2019, 06:32 PM
Post #1455
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

I can guarantee you now, if it was Remain vs No Deal, I don't think No Deal would have won. Purely because half of the people on the Leave campaign would have thought it was a terrible idea. They're only pushing it now because it suits their own political agenda.

For me, the big problem is the Backstop. I don't see how us leaving with No Deal is going to solve the problem - we HAVE to have a deal with the EU at some point. The only good thing to come out of a No Deal will be for me to fit there with popcorn when people are wondering why they are skint and some posh bloke off the tellie is walzing around on the news telling everyone it will be okay when he's just made a shit ton of money. People are stupid and this is what politicians prey on.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 30th July 2019, 06:54 PM
Post #1456
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

Their latest line seems to be that the Irish backstop is somehow "undemocratic". I'm not yet aware of any reporting asking one of these numpties why a deal struck between 28 elected heads of government is undemocratic or whether they think the whole concept of international agreements to be undemocratic.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 30th July 2019, 06:59 PM
Post #1457
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Jul 30 2019, 07:54 PM) *
Their latest line seems to be that the Irish backstop is somehow "undemocratic". I'm not yet aware of any reporting asking one of these numpties why a deal struck between 28 elected heads of government is undemocratic or whether they think the whole concept of international agreements to be undemocratic.

It's just a move towards operation PR for the next few months - make out in the media the EU are being tyrants, being unfair - all plays to the narrative for the Brexiteers.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post 30th July 2019, 07:50 PM
Post #1458
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030

The conservatives are going to make the EU appear horrid and push the no deal rhetoric to the extreme in order secure the votes from The Brexit Party/UKIP so when we have a general election they won't be totally f***ed. A GE is pretty much guarenteed this year IMO and there'll likely be another A50 extension on the basis to allow the GE to take place. Depending on the results of the GE I could see another referendum or even the retraction of article 50.

Even though I really hate how drawn out the process has been so far and the current mess - it only increases the chances of A50 retraction. I'm really hopeful that that does end up happening, as I feel that would put the EU and UK in a much better position economically compared to currently, as Brexit and the uncertainty surrounding it is having big impacts on both the UK and EU economies currently.

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 31st July 2019, 01:59 PM
Post #1459
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

And another leave cornerstone has just collapsed. Congress says it won't agree any trade deal with the UK if the good Friday deal is not honoured. So Johnson lied again about replacing eu trade with USA trade. 10% of Americans have Irish roots and they brokered the peace deal. Johnson's threats are as empty as his head. The UK leaves with no deal we have nothing left and no countries to trade with. Totally suicidal.

+Quote this post
Doctor Blind
post 31st July 2019, 03:43 PM
Post #1460
Group icon
#38BBE0 otherwise known as 'sky blue'
User: 7,561

Soon be at parity with the dollar...

+Quote this post

78 Pages V  « < 71 72 73 74 75 > »