BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', First official spin off!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Dec 21 2016, 03:30 PM
Post #21
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

I did say I wasn't hyped for it quite a while but it definitely exceeded expectations although still not one of my favourite Star Wars movies. I'm not so huge on the flying fight scenes but the last act was visually stunning, I loved the beach island setting of it, it just looked fantastic. Other highlights for me being Diego Luna who I thought was really likeable, K2SO is already a fave (I died when he hit Cassian when acting as a prison guard), the CGI used to bring Grand Moff Tarkin back and of course, the final two minutes blew my mind. I also liked how gutsy they were by killing off the whole team, it really made the struggle of the rebels seem real, showing that people actually died for the cause. However, there were a few gripes I had too, mainly the first half not being the most exciting, me having an irrational hatred for Felicity Jones (she's so annoying often omg) and Forest Whitaker's incredibly OTT performance, I was cringing at all of his lines :/ Overall, a great story and I loved how it fitted into the rest of the SW universe. This into A New Hope will be a great start to a Star Wars movie marathon from now on *-*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DalekTurret32
post Dec 27 2016, 10:47 PM
Post #22
FIVE YEARS OF THE TURRET 15-20
Group: Members
Member No.: 21,666
   No Gallery Pics

I loved it! heart.gif

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Dec 28 2016, 05:07 PM
Post #23
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

it was fantastic.

+Quote Post
Qween
post Jan 4 2017, 06:54 PM
Post #24
Schlagerdrottningen
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

This was SOOO GOOD. So much better than I had expected too. It has much more emotional weight and depth than The Force Awakens and was much more visually stunning too. Some of the cinematography was subline, especially Scarif and the beach kiss with the blast gradually approaching in the background. In fact that is already among my favourite shots in all of Star Wars. It was so fitting to see them both there, knowing the end was rapidly approaching, but content in the fact they had made a difference for the rebellion/alliance. It really made the whole movie make sense on an emotional level and added real weight to the fight we see in IV, V and VI.

I didn't really have any issue with it at all beyond stupid niggly things like the music being more like a John Williams rip off rather than a natural progression/homage and Krennic's wandering accent. Tarkin looked very impressive to me, I don't think they could have managed to find another actor able to bring such a chilling sense of menace as he did so I felt it was the right decision. The other return was lovely too and that single word, 'Hope' was all she needed to say. K2 was the perfect balance to Jyn and Cassian and totally his own creation too (I feared he would be like a slightly more crass C3-PO before watching).

+Quote Post
PeteFromLeeds
post Jan 8 2017, 05:40 PM
Post #25
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,247
   No Gallery Pics

Decent film on the whole. I undertand why they did it but I don't really like the fact that they killed off everyone but I did prefer that than if they only killed certain characters because it really bugs me when they do that. Really liked the production and how it led in to 'A New Hope'!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:32 PM