BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> European Election Thread 2019, EU, baby.
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
European Elections
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 26
Guests cannot vote 
Steve201
post Wednesday, 05:22 PM
Post #121
Shakin Stevens
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,138
   No Gallery Pics

Does anyone know when the votes of the elections next Thursday are counted? We don't hAve an all Nighter to look forward to do we?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brett-Butler
post Wednesday, 05:26 PM
Post #122
Howdy, disco citizens.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10,455
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Steve201 @ May 15 2019, 06:22 PM) *
Does anyone know when the votes of the elections next Thursday are counted? We don't hAve an all Nighter to look forward to do we?

Apparently, they will be announced on Sunday evening/Monday morning, so an all nighter, but at the end of the weekend.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Wednesday, 05:36 PM
Post #123
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

Disappointing, I'm off the Friday although the Mondays a bank holiday so will be able to watch it anyway!

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Wednesday, 06:06 PM
Post #124
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 3,272
   No Gallery Pics

In the past, the verification process (checking that the number of ballot papers in each box matches the number issued) has taken place on the Thursday night with the count itself on Sunday. This year (here at least), the verification process is on Sunday morning. I have been led to believe that the count will start in the afternoon which may mean a declaration very soon after the polls have closed in the countries sensible enough to vote on Sunday.

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Wednesday, 09:41 PM
Post #125
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 11 2019, 01:02 PM) *
It goes beyond that. Just one week before the local elections there was a Tory MP on HIGNFY. That, apparently, was perfectly OK. The BBC / Hat Trick Production went ahead and recorded the programme on Thursday night knowing that there was an election due in just two weeks' time. They obviously went ahead in t he belief that there wouldn't be a problem. They spent Friday editing the programme and were all set to show it. Then, less than an hour before it was due to be shown, the show was pulled. The whole thing stinks.

Meanwhile, Farage is on the Andrew Marr show tomorrow along with a Labour and Tory guest. No doubt he will be given the usual soft ride. There will be no Lib Dem on the show. There wasn't one on the show last week either, despite the fact that it came just a few days after the party had performed spectacularly well in the local elections. I look forward to the whole of next week's show being given over to Vince Cable or Tom Brake (EU spokesman) just to restore balance

And, just to add to the mix, the BBC are due to show the first episode of o five=part series about Thatcher on Monday night. According to my EPG her inner circle will be revealing how she rose to be PM. That makes it sound like a series of one-hour Tory PPBs, but apparently that's OK a few days before an election.

+Quote Post
Steve201
post Wednesday, 10:09 PM
Post #126
Shakin Stevens
   No Gallery Pics

Doesn't sound fair - is it from one of her auto/biographies? I've read a few and they're quite good. But yeh propaganda just before a vote. Might help to highlight how her system has caused the flaws we are living with nowadays though!

+Quote Post
Suedehead2
post Thursday, 07:20 AM
Post #127
BuzzJack Legend
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Steve201 @ May 15 2019, 11:09 PM) *
Doesn't sound fair - is it from one of her auto/biographies? I've read a few and they're quite good. But yeh propaganda just before a vote. Might help to highlight how her system has caused the flaws we are living with nowadays though!

If so, I suspect that won’t be until later episodes - after the election.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2019 - 01:25 AM