BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> James Paul McCartney TV Special (1973), Now on Youtube (watch in this thread)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
thisispop
post 10th April 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I've got an iPod classic and I'm gonna use it!
User: 72

The "James Paul McCartney" TV special was first aired on Monday, April 16, 1973, on ABC-TV in America. The show is broken down into several segments:

Part 1 of 7

1) "Big Barn Bed": stage performance by Wings, who play in front of an audience comprising a row of TV sets. During the song, each member spells out, using captions on the screen, their likes and dislikes.

2) "Acoustic Medley": Paul performs a medley of "Blackbird", "Bluebird", "Michelle" and "Heart Of The Country". As he sings, he's sitting on a stool surrounded by an array of photographic lights and umbrellas. Linda is seen taking photographs of his performance.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 10th April 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #2
Group icon

Part 2 of 7

3) "Mary Had A Little Lamb": the group, all dressed in white, perform the song at an outside location. This comprises Paul sitting at the piano and Linda playing the tambourine, sitting in a tree swing while the other band members sit under it. These shots are inter-cut with footage of miscellaneous horse-riding sequences and, not surprisingly, some cameo appearances by some sheep.

4) "Wings And An Orchestra": the group, now back in a studio setting backed by an orchestra, perform a medley comprising "Little Woman Love" and "C Moon" ......

Part 3 of 7

...... and them a complete version of "My Love"

5) "Uncle Albert": Paul is seen sitting in an armchair doing a crossword puzzle while Linda is seen pouring out a cup of tea. The scene then cuts to a bizarre spectacle of a row of identically dressed typists, among which is a pipe-smoking Paul and Linda dressed in a secretarial outfit.

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 10th April 2008, 08:28 PM
Post #3
Group icon

Part 4 of 7

6) "Chelsea Ranch": introduced by a voice-over by Paul, this part of the programme features a McCartney family and friends get-together at the Chelsea Ranch public house near Liverpool. Those present include Paul's father Jim, who is seen giving Paul money to help pay towards the drinks, plus Paul's Auntie Gin, Auntie Dilys and fellow Liverpudlian sixties musician Gerry Marsden, along with Paul's brother Mike (McGear) McCartney.

Part 5 of 7

7) "Gotta Sing, Gotta Dance": Paul's tribute to the great Busby Berkeley musicals of the thirties. He sings the song, originally written for Twiggy to perform, dressed in a pink tuxedo, gold high-heeled shoes and wearing a moustache. Accompanying him is a large female dance troupe that is split, costume-wise, into two camps. One in blonde wigs and silver leotards, the other dressed as men in black suits. The spectacular foot-tapping and tap-dancing ends in a flurry of glitter cascading from the ceiling.

8) "Live And Let Die": Paul and Linda open this sequence seated in an empty cinema eating popcorn. He provides the voice-over: "You know, American movies have got better popcorn than European movies- but that's only an opinion. I go to the films to hear the soundtrack; the picture becomes a background. They've just filmed a background fto some music I wrote. It's the new James Bond film, Live And Let Die, and I must admit that the film helps the music work. So does the popcorn". Then Wings are seen miming the song inter-cut with scenes from the new movie. The scene ends with a "baddie" dressed in a hat and cloak setting off a bomb which explodes inside Paul's piano. He later reveals that this special effect had actually hurt his hand, a result of flying wooden piano debris.

+Quote this post
thisispop
post 10th April 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #4
Group icon

Part 6 of 7

9) "Beatles Medley": a humorous scene where passers-by in a street near the Studios, are asked to sing a Beatles song.

10) "Wings In Concert": Wings are seen performing live, "The Mess" ........

Part 7 of 7

........... "Maybe I'm Amazed" and "Long Tall Sally".

11) "Yesterday": Linda and the other Wings are sitting around Paul while he performs a solo acoustic version of "Yesterday".

THE END.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 03:18 AM