BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Top 5 Must Have Comic Adaptations
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Sogogi110
post May 24 2016, 08:34 AM
Post #1
New Entry
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,240
   No Gallery Pics

So, the title kinda says it all. List your top 5 comic adaptations that you want to see happen...so something that has never been adapted before. And explain why (put some thought into it lol). And maybe even explain who you'd like to direct or star.

5. Youngblood
This a superhero team like no other and probably more violent (and creative) than any we've seen on the screen. So, par on course for an Image Comic entity. Oh and it is relentlessly entertaining too. A real odd group of guys and girls, some of whom are ... not all there.

If Tarantino ever wanted to get in on the comic book craze, this would be right up his alley.

4. Savage Dragon
Another Image Comic entity, this is as violent and as adult as you'd expect from the house that publishes Spawn. The story of a guy who wakes up looking like a dragon/human hybrid...and ends up joining the police force. Who wouldn't want to see this?

It would be a bigger risk than Guardians of the Galaxy and even a Youngblood adaptation but one that could pay off massively. Vin Diesel could star behind some prosthetic and clever CGI. The perfect director would be James Gunn, someone who showed he could do big things with little known ideas.

3. Captain Marvel
This is a weird one. Which Captain Marvel gets adapted, cos their have been several? And which story/origin is brought to the big screen. Currently, Carol Denvers embodies the character and could be the perfect female lead for a Marvel movie. I'd be up for it, as long as they adapted stories from the original 60s and 70s, which is a lot more inventive then what we're seeing today.

Skylar Day may just be perfect for the role, with Adam McKay probably most suited for a light hearted story that is more Guardians and less Dark Knight.

2. Cry Havoc
Probably the best new comic property on the market, this is a must read for any fans of the occult, fantastical and military. It's an inventive blend with a very unique look. The story is a tough one to adapt and obviously, still relatively known. So this would need a big name to be attached, maybe Brad Pitt as producer?

It could also have Guillermo Del Toro attached to direct. Now it's a risky one, considering I haven't liked some of his recent stuff but if he can pull off the look of Pan's Labyrinth/Hellboy with none of the latters problems and all of the formers story telling, this could be gold.

1. Martian Manhunter
I know, I know, he has been adapted on some tv show I don't watch but a feature length film would be perfect. DC has a lot of good, wholesome characters and even though Manhunter isn't exactly edgy, he is an intriguing character. He always reminded me of Dr Manhattan.

A fully CG character voiced Ian McKellan in a movie directed by a returning Steven Soderbergh in a thinking mans sci-fi.

This post has been edited by Sogogi110: May 27 2016, 03:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post May 24 2016, 10:41 AM
Post #2
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

I believe the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel is happening biggrin.gif my top pick too. Her 70's series was AMAZING.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:56 AM