BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
> -

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What was the first "classic" hit of the 2010s?, (and other decades if you wish)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
BillyH
post Oct 19 2014, 02:00 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 6,614
This thread was originally going to be listing the first song of each decade that could be considered a proper classic song, obviously there's different definitions to that but based on what seem to be the longest-lasting hits, 1980s is probably a tie between The Specials - Too Much Too Young and Blondie - Atomic depending on your musical tastes (for me it's Atomic by a landslide), 1990s is surely Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U, 2000s is probably All Saints - Pure Shores but then if you want to include dance/trance anthems you've got the likes of 'Communication', 'Airwave' and 'Sandstorm' too.

Then we get to this decade and I've absolutely no idea. All the ones in bold above were released in either January or February, whereas 2010 - especially early 2010 - seems full of songs that, while popular at the time, really don't seem to have lasted that long in public conciousness in comparison to any of the above. Irritatingly, Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' just misses out by being released at the very end of 2009, a shame as otherwise for me that would easily win it.

So what do you think is the first song released in this decade that properly deserves to be called a classic? Telephone? Pass Out? Baby? Something else? And, if you like, what would you say for other decades?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
fchd
post Oct 19 2014, 07:52 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 6,639
Far too early to tell. "Classics" need a decade or more to develop.

+Quote this post
fchd
post Oct 19 2014, 07:55 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 6,639
If however you do need to hang your hat on something from January 10

Florence & The Machine's "Dog Days Are Over"
Owl City's "Fireflies"
Biffy Clyro's "Many Of Horror (When We Collide)"

may well be candidates.

+Quote this post
gavindeejay
post Oct 19 2014, 09:11 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Why do today, what you can do tomorrow?
User: 7,645
I'm not a big fan of it myself, but Tinie Tempahs 'Pass Out' seems like it'll be remembered as a classic.

Yolana Be Cool - You Speak No Americano is still a mega Dancefloor filler for people of all ages.

Plan B She Said still gets a lot of airplay from the likes of Heart and other AC stations.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:09 AM