BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alex Rider, Amazon Prime; June 4th
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
WhoOdyssey
post May 13 2020, 11:06 AM
Post #1
A dead mouse (from my cat)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 67,771

Amazon Prime have picked up the rights to the 'Alex Rider' series, based on Anthony Horowitz books and it's releasing on June 4th!

I loved the books a few years ago, so I'm pretty hyped for this. (and I did enjoy the 'Stormbreaker' movie laugh.gif) Series 1 is based on the second novel 'Point Blanc' - which was my favourite!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post May 13 2020, 11:18 AM
Post #2
#TeamAnneMarie
Group: Members
Member No.: 11,421

Hopefully they can do well with it! The trailer seems promising although it is odd to not have Alex Pettyfer in the role as he is synonymous with Alex Rider for me laugh.gif

I watched Stormbreaker last month as I'm going through some old DVDs I still have. It wasn't too great tbh :/ loved the series as a teen and enjoyed the film when it came out, however the story was told rather simply and there was not much suspense or interest in the story as it was aimed for a pre-teen audience without much thought to other audiences. You can see why they didn't continue making the films. Will be good to see some of the other books brought to life (the mountain scenes in the trailer will be from Point Blanc) and I'm glad it's a series rather than a full-blown film for each book.

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post May 13 2020, 11:25 AM
Post #3

I think I'm going to re-read and complete the ones I haven't read now! I got up to Scorpia Rising when I was younger, and there's 3 more after that an a spin-off. (the new one only came out last month!)

+Quote Post
Klumzee
post May 13 2020, 11:36 AM
Post #4
#TeamAnneMarie
Member No.: 11,421

QUOTE(WhoOdyssey @ May 13 2020, 12:25 PM) *
I think I'm going to re-read and complete the ones I haven't read now! I got up to Scorpia Rising when I was younger, and there's 3 more after that an a spin-off. (the new one only came out last month!)

Apparently there's 12 books now ohmy.gif He's been releasing them for over 20 years now. Surely you would want to wrap up the series after that long laugh.gif I've got from Stormbreaker all the way through to Crocodile Tears on my bookshelf still, however I'm unsure if I ever would go back to reading them, will have to decide during this lockdown as its now or never really. They were definitely my pre-teen book of choice but it's been a long time since then! I remember Snakehead and Crocodile Tears being released and actual real life hype for them! I'm interested in a TV series as its a new way to consume them.

+Quote Post
Klaus
post May 14 2020, 07:39 PM
Post #5
❤️❤️➕🟦
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 17,160
   No Gallery Pics

I loved the books too - I got up to Scorpia Rising. I'm sure it was either that one or the one before that was meant to be the final book in the series - seemingly it will endlessly carry on! I remember being SHOOK reading Eagle Strike which I think is the first mention of Scorpia (or at least there's the twist in there about it) and then realising the next book was called Scorpia. I'm actually currently reading my first Anthony Horowitz book (The Sentence is Death) since the Alex Rider books. ohmy.gif

Anyway, I'm glad this has become a series and great to see Vicky McClure there. It seems as though there's zero hype behind it though, so it's probably going to be another false start. At least it means another book adaptation though rather than treading over the Stormbreaker ground again. It seems they're going more for the young adult audience? I wonder if they update the technology in the Stormbreaker books when republish them under a new design, it was out of date by the time the film was out!

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post May 18 2020, 03:52 PM
Post #6

The 'Stormbreaker' film was added to Amazon Prime the other day!

+Quote Post
Cameron
post May 18 2020, 04:19 PM
Post #7
THE BLAZE *.*
Member No.: 18,061

I remember loving these books when I was in S1 at high school! Hype!

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Jun 4 2020, 09:43 AM
Post #8

It's out now!

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Jun 18 2020, 02:21 PM
Post #9

Already renewed for a second series!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:59 PM