BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Silence, Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver, Liam Neeson
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post Nov 24 2016, 12:22 AM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
Directed by Martin Scorsese, set for a UK release at the very start of 2017

Feels like the last Oscar contender trailer we were waiting on. Should have chances in Best Picture, Director, Lead Actor and Supporting Actor. But... the trailer doesn't really interest me personally. The 'awards season' movie I have the least hype for now, and it looks to have a running time of 2 hour 30 pirate.gif Much prefer the look of "Hacksaw Ridge" for Andrew Garfield.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Nov 25 2016, 04:16 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I agree with you Jahq that this just doesn't appeal to me, it looks alright but all the internet seem to be so hyped for it when I just think the plot seems a bit odd/boring. There's also something about Adam Driver that I don't like in movies. Hopefully Andrew Garfield can get his first nomination for this though, he probably deserved it for The Social Network years back.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Jan 6 2017, 08:51 PM
Post #3
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674
The ticket seller promised that it was awesome and it really wasn't. I didn't actively hate it, the leads weren't obnoxious characters but a religious epic isn't my thing so it wasn't overly interesting, my medium popcorn saved it from being a chore to sit through laugh.gif I'm a big fan of Andrew Garfield though and I think a couple of bits were kinda amusing, the beheading sticks out in my mind.

I'm sure there will be worse movies that I'll sit through this year, it could've been worse but I don't understand the hype. Well acted, so Oscar nods won't be undeserved in that regard.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Jan 7 2017, 11:45 PM
Post #4
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
I feel like this is this year's The Revenant for me where I can appreciate it from a film-making viewpoint and I think it has some massive highs but it is just a little too long and unexciting in a lot of the middle points which mean I can't enjoy it so much. The acting is phenomenal throughout, Liam Neeson would be deserving of a supporting actor nomination (win?) from making a massive impact in such a short space of time and Andrew Garfield was fantasticc too (I haven't seen Hacksaw Ridge which I imagine he'll get nominated for but if not, this would be very deserving imo) and I also really liked the man who played Kichijiro.

Some moments were really hard-hitting too, the beheading scene and the being crucified in the sea scenes coming to mind and I also liked the final shot of the cross in Father Rodrigues' hand. I can see why the critics have enjoyed this so much but in terms of cinematic enjoyment, just not my cuppa tea really despite having some really strong moments.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:44 PM