BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> True Blue turns 30 ● THE TOUR, Who's That Girl
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
HausofKubrick
post 12th July 2016, 05:43 PM
Post #1
Group icon
User: 13,007

Alongside the release of the True Blue album, Madonna embarked on her second concert tour and first world tour - the Who's That Girl Tour. It supported the True Blue album as well as the Who's That Girl movie soundtrack. It was an altogether more grander and slicker affair than the debut Virgin Tour that came before it.

For the actual tour, she trained herself physically with aerobics, jogging and weight-lifting, to cope with the choreography and the dance routines.

Do you have any favourite performances from the tour? Don't worry if you're not familiar with it all, I will be going through Youtube to find videos from it and sharing them over the next week! Does anyone own the DVD or better still did anyone ATTEND the tour? ohmy.gif Discuss anything and everything from the tour here ~~
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vibe
post 12th July 2016, 06:15 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
My mum and dad went to this tour on August the 20th 1987. The price of the ticket was £16, you purchased tickets back in those days through newspapers.

I was not even 3 years old at this point, but was already a fan. I grew up with this tour and watched it religiously , I still watched it often now and my mum can't resist telling me 'that I got to saw this tour live'. This was when Madonna was absolutely huge , she hadn't been too controversial or sexual yet. She was selling out stadiums easily across the world.

You cannot talk about this tour without discussing her hair . It certainly wasn't her best look but her body is in amazing shape.
We also got introduced to the first iconic conical bra. One of her most remembered outfits ever. Her vocals was extremely strong on this tour , of course you learn your craft as you develop as an artist . I can remember some early vocals from Rihanna , she is another artist who developed vocally throughout her career.

I have to say that the DVD is called ciao italia but half the performances are actually from one of the Japan dates . Apart from the sticky and sweet tour I have to admit that this crowd are the most energetic . The chants of ale hey o still get me so excited.

My fav performance from this tour without a doubt is into the groove. The vocals, the choreography , the you can dance remix all work. This is my fav performance from a tour ever ! Other highlights are lucky star, open your heart, who's that girl and la is la bonita.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 12th July 2016, 08:52 PM
Post #3
Group icon
User: 13,007
QUOTE(vibe @ Jul 12 2016, 07:15 PM) *
My mum and dad went to this tour on August the 20th 1987. The price of the ticket was £16, you purchased tickets back in those days through newspapers.

I was not even 3 years old at this point, but was already a fan. I grew up with this tour and watched it religiously , I still watched it often now and my mum can't resist telling me 'that I got to saw this tour live'. This was when Madonna was absolutely huge , she hadn't been too controversial or sexual yet. She was selling out stadiums easily across the world.

You cannot talk about this tour without discussing her hair . It certainly wasn't her best look but her body is in amazing shape.
We also got introduced to the first iconic conical bra. One of her most remembered outfits ever. Her vocals was extremely strong on this tour , of course you learn your craft as you develop as an artist . I can remember some early vocals from Rihanna , she is another artist who developed vocally throughout her career.

I have to say that the DVD is called ciao italia but half the performances are actually from one of the Japan dates . Apart from the sticky and sweet tour I have to admit that this crowd are the most energetic . The chants of ale hey o still get me so excited.

My fav performance from this tour without a doubt is into the groove. The vocals, the choreography , the you can dance remix all work. This is my fav performance from a tour ever ! Other highlights are lucky star, open your heart, who's that girl and la is la bonita.

Wow! Jealous of anyone that got to experience Madonna in her prime. Very warming to hear they still remember it fondly <3

I'm so behind on the tours, I still haven't even seen many of them in full and only dabble into the Youtube videos drama.gif really need to get into them all properly for once though. This one has many shining moments wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 13th July 2016, 12:57 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
QUOTE(HausofKubrick @ Jul 12 2016, 09:52 PM) *
I'm so behind on the tours, I still haven't even seen many of them in full and only dabble into the Youtube videos drama.gif really need to get into them all properly for once though. This one has many shining moments wub.gif

I'm the same! I know most of the concerts are available in full on YouTube so I'll have to set aside some afternoons to watch through them!

From what I've seen of this tour, I think the energy is what stands out the most. She seems so happy and lively; I just have flashes of her skipping around with beads of sweat running down her face every time I see a reference to the tour.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 07:08 AM