BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dance in the NEWS
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Torple
post 18th March 2011, 06:05 PM
Post #41
Group icon
Ego reputo vos es totus pilosus rectum
User: 35
QUOTE(richie @ Mar 18 2011, 01:46 PM) *
Oh c'mon, I was kidding, of course they haven't done that for an entire career. Ok, 'Insomnia', 'Salva Mea', 'God is a DJ' and 'We Come 1' then...the hits that non-fans know about.

Well on that you're quite right I guess. But that says more about the record-buying public than Faithless.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post 18th March 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #42
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
Im sure they will get a new greatest hits out as im sure the record company will want to cash in.

+Quote this post
BOOBA GRANDE
post 19th March 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #43
Group icon
You don't have to be fabulous to be good
User: 5,591
They actually don't have a record company, their last album was released via Tesco, and I don't think Tesco have the rights for publishing Greatest Hits.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 21st September 2012, 05:46 PM
Post #44
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139
L.A. duo Redfoo and SkyBlu, otherwise known as LMFAO, have announced that they won’t be going near your ears in the foreseeable future. The announcement came early this morning, when Redfoo broke the news that LMFAO are taking a break to pursue individual interests. “I feel like we’ve been doing this for so long, five or six years,” he told news.com.au. “And we’re kind of like saying, well, let’s just do what’s natural and just kind of explore that, instead of like forcing it all the time.” Redfoo added that he and SkyBlu were headed in “different directions” and didn’t know when (or if?) the pair would ever reunite musically.

The uncle and nephew team first began performing together in 2006, releasing their debut album Party Rock in 2009, which scored a nomination for Best Dance/Electronica Album in the following year’s Grammy Awards. But it wasn’t until last year that the pair broke through with Party Rock Anthem from their second album Sorry for Party Rocking (read the in-depth ITM review here), the release also spawning your jam of the decade Sexy And I Know It. From there, the duo went about spreading the “party rock mission”, touring with our own Stereosonic in 2011 and attracting the attention of Santigold.

But all’s not lost for LMFAO devotees, as Redfoo also revealed that he has plans to release a fashion line and launch a solo career. “All the music that I’m going to make is always going to be LMFAO-ish,” he assured. “I was really passionate about bringing party music to the world, so I will always be making some kind of party music.”

Sorry but all I can say is a massive FUCK YES biggrin.gif I'm sure RedFoo's solo career will be just as awful to be honest but we can save our ears for a while.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 21st September 2012, 05:49 PM
Post #45
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300
What a surprise this thread was started by Liam!

I'm not surprised to be honest, their next album was going to flop horrifically anyway (and the pressure to produce a third massive hit would be enormous).

+Quote this post
Umi
post 21st September 2012, 05:50 PM
Post #46
Group icon
All I See br29
User: 14,659
Eh. If Redfoo is going to be LMFAO sans that other one anyway then we're not being spared much. I don't think it will be too long until they reunite, but I can only hope they both flop on their own so that the inevitable comeback is also a failure.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 21st September 2012, 05:51 PM
Post #47
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300
QUOTE(Umi @ Sep 21 2012, 06:50 PM) *
Eh. If Redfoo is going to be LMFAO sans that other one anyway then we're not being spared much. I don't think it will be too long until they reunite, but I can only hope they both flop on their own so that the inevitable comeback is also a failure.

As if anyone will even care without the novelty implied explicit name.

+Quote this post
Silas
post 21st September 2012, 05:53 PM
Post #48
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474
sad.gif I rather like LMFAO's music *get's shunned by Buzzjack*

+Quote this post
danG
post 21st September 2012, 06:50 PM
Post #49
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
No. sad.gif What a sad day for dance music. However if Redfoo is doing a solo career that would be amazing as he is the better of the two.

This post has been edited by Thermometer: 21st September 2012, 06:50 PM

+Quote this post
Qween
post 21st September 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #50
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
THE DAY THE MUSIC WAS TAKEN OFF LIFE SUPPORT *.*

They aren't the worst, but they typify the SHIT that has been clogging up the charts for the best part of the last 18 months so I can't say I'm anything less than ECSTATIC at this news.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post 21st September 2012, 06:57 PM
Post #51
Group icon
User: 13,007
I actually REALLY got into Sexy & I Know It for a while, and it was everywhere when i went out, but the joke got old really fast.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 22nd September 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #52
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51
I'm going to shuffle every day in their memory.

+Quote this post
Mikeadelic
post 15th October 2012, 03:40 AM
Post #53
Group icon
New Entry
User: 17,674
f*** YEAH great news yahoo.gif

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 15th October 2012, 01:56 PM
Post #54
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155
Thought they would have had an attempt at album #2 - They have had some incredible success and sales and even the album really picked up after a shaky start! Was just looking at their chart history and they have had some epic chart runs - Party Rock Anthem [#1 - 71 weeks], Sexy And I Know It [#5 - 55 weeks] and an impressive 57 week chart run for the album which many dance acts struggle to match.

+Quote this post
Davidson
post 15th October 2012, 02:09 PM
Post #55
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,847
They have said that they haven't split up and they are just taking a year or two to do solo projects, and they will return ''stronger than ever'' with album 2 a few years down the line, so don't get too excited guys.

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post 15th October 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #56
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,492
I feel a bit harsh but I'm so glad they split up. I HATED the dirge they turned out and all of their singles were awful (apart from Champagne Showers which is average for me). Although booo at RedFoo talking about his solo career...

And Uncle and Nephew team? Oh dear god...

+Quote this post
tsachiy
post 17th October 2012, 01:48 AM
Post #57
Group icon
New Entry
User: 17,685
oh thats just sad

+Quote this post
danG
post 30th September 2014, 05:14 PM
Post #58
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746
http://edm.com/blog/krewella-rainman-lawsuit

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Kris Trindl, better known to EDM fans as Rain Man, has been removed from Krewella, and he's suing the group for at least $5 million in damages.
We've included some of the more notable statements from Rain Man's lawsuit below. Please keep in mind that this is just one side of the argument, and Rain Man is making some huge accusations. Yasmin and Jahan Yousef haven't provided their side of the story, so let's not jump to conclusions. We will get a better idea of the situation once Yasmin and Jahan release a statement.

Trindl's lawsuit says, "Kris used alcohol to try to cope with the pressure. By late summer of 2013, he knew he had a drinking problem and checked himself into a detox program and then a 30-day rehab program."

"But the Yousaf sisters didn't like the new, sober Kris, who took care of business but did not party or drink anymore," adds the lawsuit. "They thought he was depressed, although he explained it was just part of the recovery process."

The lawsuit asserts: "At this time, Udell, the Yousaf sisters and others conspired to remove Kris from the group altogether. Now that the band was successful, they figured they could always hire outside people to write and produce music for far less money than it would cost to continue splitting their income equally with Kris, as they have done (one-third to each member)."

After Kris Trindl (Rain Man) missed a flight to EDC Mexico, Krewella and Udell held an intervention for him.

"But it was not rehab for drinking, because Kris was staying sober," says the lawsuit. "They demanded he go into rehab for 'depression.'"

The lawsuit states, "It was not Kris' health or sobriety the others were thinking about, it was all about keeping him off the road so Jahan and Yasmine could establish themselves to live audiences as a duo without Kris, so they could eventually erase him completely from Krewella and reap greater financial rewards."

Soon after this incident, attorneys started getting involved. Trindl retained Dina LaPolt (deadmau5's lawyer) and litigator William Hochberg. Jahan and Yasmine retained Richard Busch. Trindl and his legal team filed this lawsuit on September 29th, four days after Busch sent them an ultimatum.

You can read the full lawsuit below. EDM.com will keep you updated on this story as it develops.

surprising news right! ohmy.gif wasn't a huge fan of them anyway but their new songs will certainly be different with someone else producing them

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 30th September 2014, 05:24 PM
Post #59
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764
MESS. I saw them live last year as trio. They did have the likes of Cash Cash and The Cataracs producing for them on their debut tho. They are very much a fanbase act so I can't really call what their future will be now, it'll be interesting if anything!

+Quote this post
Ethan
post 1st October 2014, 07:31 PM
Post #60
Group icon
3:23
User: 5,269
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. ohmy.gif

+Quote this post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »