BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Andrew's Top 50 Rihanna Songs, FINISHED
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post 21st January 2018, 05:16 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

hi.gif 'ello Rih forum. As a big fan of Rih (did you not know that already kink.gif) I've been meaning to do something like this for a long time but never got round to it. LET'S DO THIS *.*

This post has been edited by Andrew.: 18th May 2018, 11:23 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 21st January 2018, 05:26 PM
Post #2
Group icon
is in hibernation

50 ~ Mad House
49 ~ James Joint

These would be higher, but given they're not 'proper' songs I've separated them from the rest. Mad House is the opener to the 'Rated R' album and it just strikes you on first listen, one of her most interesting works and it really gives you a hint of what's to come on the flawless album *.* 'James Joint' I found kinda repetitive at first but it's just such an ear worm and the melodies are very interesting in it, Mad House I get it being so short but this could really work as a longer track!!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 21st January 2018, 05:45 PM
Post #3
Group icon
is in hibernation

48 ~ Good Girl Gone Bad
47 ~ Wait Your Turn

'Good Girl Gone Bad' is the title track from Rihanna's third album, a mid-tempo bop *.* A definite highlight from the album (singles included), I don't go back to it the most but it's a lovely little track which I do listen to now and again, the use of strings really makes the track for me! 'Wait Your Turn' hasn't aged the best but is still a catchy song, it's classed as a single but it didn't really get a push and isn't well remembered so 💁🏽

Be sure to leave your thoughts on my choices ;o

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 21st January 2018, 05:56 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

As if "James Joint" made it in *_

I like both the songs in your second post but don't go back them that often.

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 21st January 2018, 08:30 PM
Post #5
Group icon
is in hibernation

46 ~ Pon De Replay
45 ~ Lost In Paradise

How could you have a Rihanna countdown without 'Pon De Replay'? In all honesty I don't especially go back to it but it started her off and when I do listen to it is a bop lbh, it honestly wouldn't sound out of place in 2016/17 due to the dancehall influences!! 'Lost In Paradise' is an album track from Unapologetic which incorporates dubstep. I love the chorus drop, it really gets into your head *.* Could've worked as a single better than 'Loveeeeee Song' (which is yet to come ohmy.gif)

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 21st January 2018, 08:31 PM
Post #6
Group icon
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Theo. @ Jan 21 2018, 05:56 PM) *
As if "James Joint" made it in *_

I like both the songs in your second post but don't go back them that often.

Haha James Joint seems disliked generally, where ha navy taste for weed x

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 21st January 2018, 10:39 PM
Post #7
Group icon
is in hibernation

Albums the songs come from:
Music Of The Sun (1)
A Girl Like Me (1)
Good Girl Gone Bad (7)
Rated R (6)
Loud (5)
Talk That Talk (4)
Unapologetic (10)
ANTI (12)
Non-album singles/features (4)

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 21st January 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #8
Group icon
is in hibernation

44 ~ Right Now (feat. David Guetta)
43 ~ ROCKSTAR 101 (feat. Slash)

Two flop collaborations follow, firstly from Unapologetic is the dance song 'Right Now' featuring David Guetta who was very 'in' at the time I guess. This is generic af I can't lie and Jade is very apt with 'tumble-dryer production' but this song gets so little love and is still a bop so I thought it should just about get a place here. 'ROCKSTAR 101' is one of the less known of Rihanna's singles and as much as I love it I can see why, it's not the most accessible sound etc for the public to make it a hit sad.gif At the time this provided a whole new rocky edge to Rih and was something we hadn't seen before, queen of rock music *.* Another very underrated track! </3

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 21st January 2018, 11:58 PM
Post #9
Group icon
is in hibernation

42 ~ Cry
41 ~ Numb (feat. Eminem)

'Cry' is a piano ballad from Rihanna's third album GGGB, it's absolutely lovely and one of her best ballads for sure heart.gif There's something I've always found a bit chilling about the piano in the song. On the other side of the musical spectrum, just missing out on the top 40 is the Eminem collaboration and BANGER Numb. I only really got into this in 2017 but I don't realize why I didn't before tbh, it feels like the sequel to 'Red Lipstick' which I've always loved *.* (and is coming sometime x) Some of Eminem's rap is super cringe tho, lowkey embarrassed at the butt police line :')

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 22nd January 2018, 05:32 PM
Post #10
Group icon
is in hibernation

40 ~ SOS
39 ~ Loveeeeeee Song (feat. Future)

'SOS' becomes the first song to drop out of the top 40. At the time it was Rih's second huge international hit (well third, depending on where 'If It's Lovin' You Want' is classed as big x). My favourite part of the song is the Depeche Mode sample, it really gives the song it's life *.* It's a bit dated these days tbh but it was great for 2006 and I would've liked to see more of this style on AGLM/GGGB!! 'Loveeeeeee Song' I originally never liked and thought was pretty limp but I love it these days, I don't know if it's a sample but the backing is LUSH and I love Future's vocals with hers ~

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 22nd January 2018, 08:16 PM
Post #11
Group icon
is in hibernation

38 ~ Kiss It Better

Undeserved flop </3 The first proper song to appear from the Queen's eighth album 'ANTI' is the widely praised single 'Kiss It Better' which seems to be one of her best amongst stans and casual pop gays *.* I'll be honest, I don't love it quite as much as everyone else (evidenced by it's still good, but lower placing than I think it would be in most people's tbh.) but I love the 80's vibe in this, DEFINITELY something she needs to incorporate more in the future <3

37 ~ Love The Way You Lie Part II (feat. Eminem)
Picked this over Part I as this has more Rihanna in it and I kind of can't stand Eminem's voice, like it's not the music he makes it's just grating to listening to drama.gif I absolutely love this song though, the way it touches on her own abuse from Chris Brown is heartbreaking sad.gif Her vocals shine on this song more than most, I could probably say this about most Rih songs but this is definitely one which feels like it couldn't work without her as the female vocal, like no one else could do it justice. Beautiful song heart.gif

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 22nd January 2018, 10:32 PM
Post #12
Group icon
is in hibernation

Some comments would be nice kink.gif

36 ~ No Love Allowed
Reggae Rih is something imma need to see more of *.* Absolute bop, I think something that doesn't get appreciated enough in Rih's discography is the Unapologetic album in general and the different styles it covers. But idk, I wasn't a huge fan of it either until this past year!

35 ~ Birthday Cake (w/o Chris Brown x)
I'm sure no one will have rather had the Chris Brown remix over this x (was that ever even released to iTunes??) I would've defo had this higher a year ago but it's just been gradually overtaken, still an absolute raunchy bop *.* Would've loved a full solo version of this! sad.gif

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 22nd January 2018, 10:46 PM
Post #13
Group icon

Okay catch up!

I don't hold "Pon de Replay" with quite the same affection as you, mainly because it's not a very good song tongue.gif Love "Lost in Paradise" and the majority of 'Unapologetic' though!

Again, I'm not huge on "SOS" but I love the Soft Cell track that it samples. "Loveeeee" was one that I hated at first but I grew to love it a couple of years later.

"Kiss It Better" was such an undeserved flop. I love the 80s soundtrack feel that it has. One of the many highlights from the Anti Tour. I prefer part 1 of LTWYL though! Part 2 feels too autotuned to me sad.gif

Shame on you for any version of "Cake" appearing laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 22nd January 2018, 10:52 PM
Post #14
Group icon
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Theo. @ Jan 22 2018, 10:46 PM) *
Okay catch up!

I don't hold "Pon de Replay" with quite the same affection as you, mainly because it's not a very good song tongue.gif Love "Lost in Paradise" and the majority of 'Unapologetic' though!

Again, I'm not huge on "SOS" but I love the Soft Cell track that it samples. "Loveeeee" was one that I hated at first but I grew to love it a couple of years later.

"Kiss It Better" was such an undeserved flop. I love the 80s soundtrack feel that it has. One of the many highlights from the Anti Tour. I prefer part 1 of LTWYL though! Part 2 feels too autotuned to me sad.gif

Shame on you for any version of "Cake" appearing laugh.gif

Thanks for commenting!! <3

Omg mess why did I say it sampled Depeche Mode laugh.gif

Naaah Birthday Cake solo is a bop *.*

+Quote this post
Cremey
post 22nd January 2018, 10:59 PM
Post #15
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089

Birthday Cake (Chris Brown remix) is legit in my top 10 RiRi tracks of all time. So good.
Kiss It Better would be too 10 (maybe 5) for me too 😍

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 22nd January 2018, 11:56 PM
Post #16
Group icon
is in hibernation

QUOTE(Cremey @ Jan 22 2018, 10:59 PM) *
Birthday Cake (Chris Brown remix) is legit in my top 10 RiRi tracks of all time. So good.
Kiss It Better would be too 10 (maybe 5) for me too 😍

Kiss It Better maybe in future could be top 20, Birthday Cake definitely would've been up there for me once but, as I said other tracks have left more of an impression on me in the past year.

Thank Q xx

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 23rd January 2018, 04:14 PM
Post #17
Group icon
is in hibernation

34 ~ Never Ending

'Never Ending' initially I found kinda bland but it just grows and grows and I go back to it rather a lot these days, beautiful little track wub.gif

33 ~ Love Without Tragedy
On the Unapologetic album with 'Mother Mary' (which I always thought was a bit pointless laugh.gif), Love Without Tragedy is one of my favourite album tracks from that album! The song is a real earworm and another track from Unapologetic I've liked before but really clicked with in the past year *.*

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 23rd January 2018, 07:36 PM
Post #18
Group icon
is in hibernation

32 ~ Hard (feat. Jeezy)

An urban bop *.* 'Hard' was the third international single from Rated R and although it didn't do amazingly initially apart from North America it's streamed well in the modern era! This has always been a fave, badgalriri songs rarely aren't tbh and the urbanness as I said really differentiated it from most of Rated R making it stand out more at the time!

31 ~ Work (feat. Drake)

'Work' was released as the lead single from ANTI after around a 3000 year wait from American Oxygen kink.gif It quickly cemented itself as a future Rihanna classic, becoming one of the biggest hits of 2016!! *.* The song is an absolute bop, it was incredible to see the dancehall influences we've had before return and Drake sounds better than in most of his songs. Their chemistry whenever they've performed this is 🔥

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 24th January 2018, 06:58 PM
Post #19
Group icon

What a pair of bops *.* "Work" would probably be in my Rihanna top ten!

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 24th January 2018, 10:42 PM
Post #20
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Great countdown so far, Andrew.

'Hard' for me is in my Top10 Rihanna songs, an urban jam from 2010 there.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 02:55 AM